What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having coffee and waiting for the crane to get here. there changing out a cooked roof top unit today. should be a treat ... :rolleyes:

Coff. Those Slightly Stoopiders put me out last night. I hate that ****ing beer.

2zj9xjt.jpg

Sample from keg... devastated. Unless I got a mouth full of cleaner from the serving hose, the beer tastes bad. No sign of hefeweizen, just weird taste and medicinal aftertaste.

Never going to try to make a hefeweizen again. Tried to do everything perfect, don't know what even went wrong.

Just, defeated. Coffee.

2zj9xjt.jpg

Sample from keg... devastated. Unless I got a mouth full of cleaner from the serving hose, the beer tastes bad. No sign of hefeweizen, just weird taste and medicinal aftertaste.

Never going to try to make a hefeweizen again. Tried to do everything perfect, don't know what even went wrong.

Just, defeated. Coffee.

Might just be green and need a little more time.

Not good news for your Super Bowl party, but don't give up on it yet

On the OJ. Postponing brew day until sometime next week. Not because I don't feel like brewing. But because I don't feel like drinking. And I can't brew beer without drinking beer.

2zj9xjt.jpg

Just, defeated. Coffee.

Wait, did you run the beer through the line and sample? Did you pull another sample?

2zj9xjt.jpg

Just, defeated. Coffee.

It could just be that the Pittsburgh glass is ruining your beer ;)

^ haha

So I tried my Amarillo smash last night and a sip this morning. I feel like it's not quite there but it's hard to tell. Brewed on 1/18, dry hopped with 2 oz leaf hops on 1/25, and it's at 1.010. Newbie question, it's a bit short on time to consider it done, right? Thinking it will be good though and my thoughts on Amarillo may have been changed.

Wait, did you run the beer through the line and sample? Did you pull another sample?

I poured a pint to clear the line and dumped it... then took that sample. I'll taste it again after work but if it is anything like what I tried this morning, I'm going to throw the keg into the Niagara river.

I don't mean to sound like an a-hole, but I want to. to all of you that have to work all day, I say unto thee, "Bwahahahahahhaaaa!!!! Brbrbrrbrllllmmmnnnaaahhahahahahahaa!!"

and now I fully expect karma to punch me in the berries.

Have a safe road trip! Kids all off to school and SWMBO off to work. I was about to brew another cup of coffee and start a cooking project and daughter texts me and says I need to bring a different pair of shoes to her at school. Seriously?!

I poured a pint to clear the line and dumped it... then took that sample. I'll taste it again after work but if it is anything like what I tried this morning, I'm going to throw the keg into the Niagara river.

+2 for green. When did you keg that again?

Kind of sucks for the party, but I'm sure they'll understand. Or not.

I don't mean to sound like an a-hole, but I want to. to all of you that have to work all day, I say unto thee, "Bwahahahahahhaaaa!!!! Brbrbrrbrllllmmmnnnaaahhahahahahahaa!!"

and now I fully expect karma to punch me in the berries.
I'm off today. :D

Rather be at work now. Dreading meeting my friends from Pittsburgh and telling them the keg I promised is no good.

S9Kk60k.gif

Look, it may just need time, don't dump it yet, just like everyone is saying.
Buy some hefe at the store, your friends will fully understand. Unless they're *****ebags, then they're not friends. I'm not confident my beer is at its best. I want to give it more time and because of that, it won't be ready for Sunday. I'll file that under oh well. 15 pounds of smoked pork, homemade cole slaw, and plenty of other beer will soothe their pain.

More coffee. I just cleaned two kegs and limes. Will see if I have a second to mix up soda before I head out. The other keg is awaiting more beer.

Bored at work and staring at my desk. Who wants to play I Spy?
I spy, with my hungover eye, some thing clean, clear and empty that should be filled with some delicious thing.

I never had this taste in one of my beers, and my wife reminded me we topped off with tap water that we forgot to boil first. Maybe I am too hard on my friend for his burnt plastic beers despite his stubborn attitude. Mine isn't as bad, but I'm starting to think it is definitely chlorophenol.

I will only use store bought water now. Its not young, this won't age out. It is just bad.

Still appreciate everyone's help along the way, obviously.

Coffee.

I never had this taste in one of my beers, and my wife reminded me we topped off with tap water that we forgot to boil first. Maybe I am too hard on my friend for his burnt plastic beers despite his stubborn attitude. Mine isn't as bad, but I'm starting to think it is definitely chlorophenol.

I will only use store bought water now. Its not young, this won't age out. It is just bad.

Coffee.

Do you usually brew with your tap water?

I've topped off with tap water (just Brita filter, not boiled) before on extract and PM batches and it should still be fine.

Do you usually brew with your tap water?

I've topped off with tap water (just Brita filter, not boiled) before on extract and PM batches and it should still be fine.

If his water had a an excess amount of chlorine or chloramines in it, wouldnt that cause some issues though?

Coffee.

I used unfiltered/unboiled tap water in my first 2 batches and they came out good, but both had a somewhat-medicinal taste at about 1 week conditioning... week 2 it was gone. Not sure how long it's been in the keg though, may not age out like you said.

Choke 'er down. Better yet, give it to your friends and make no mention of the off-flavor. See if they can pick it out, if they do, tell them you know it was hosed up to begin with.

I second having them try it to decide. You never know. Heck I know I taste things in my beer that others don't. You are your own worst critic after all.

Back