What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mount Bicepious from the Oxford Manor Brewhaus. As far as IPAs go, not usually a fan of English ones, but this one is done well. The Mosaic definitely takes a little bit of the English out of it.

Snow is starting to pick up. Might go play in the snow later before the wind picks up.

That head, doe. Most of the ones I've had the last 2 weeks have been that way. Prior to that, normal carb. Good thing I'm not a professional brewer. :D

It fully fermented as of one month ago, then I racked it (to free up my carboy). It is clear and tastes great but it is 5 gallons, she will be the only one drinking it for the most part so it will take too long for that. My worry was that it has been done fermenting for a month now, yet at this point what is one more week? Maybe waiting until after SB for the keg is the best bet. Then I can just take growlers to friends if she doesn't like it.

I shouldn't have taken it on, I worry enough about my beer I don't need some stinking fruit juice making me crazy.

First, @mattmmille knows his stuff, so pay attention.

Cider is only going to get better actually. The best apfelwein I've had from @finsfan has been the ones he has sat on for a long while. Me, I kegged the 3.5 gallons I made. 3 gallons fermented and 1/2 to back sweeten. I didn't even stabilize it. Someone in this thread said don't bother so I didn't bother. After having about 4 cases of bottle bombs that were once cider and having them explode in front of me, I will never bottle cider again unless I am bottling off the keg and people can keep that crud cold.

Do you people not have jobs? Several pages since the one break I took today. Now for the paperwork, with this:
View attachment 251730
Zombie dust on tap. Not as fresh as I am accustomed to.

Indeed. I've been in meetings all day planning how we will handle the snow's impact on our operations. You know, because this is the first time there has ever been a nor'Easter. :drunk:

On the plus side I guess my no drinking during the week has been cancelled. Heard there is a stout of emergency and everyone is supposed to stay at home and drink stouts. Or something like that, I was only half paying attention to the news. :D

Do you people not have jobs? Several pages since the one break I took today. Now for the paperwork, with this:
View attachment 251730
Zombie dust on tap. Not as fresh as I am accustomed to.

I have a job... I just don't take it very seriously and choose to drink instead.

Just kidding... early day because of the impending **** show that is about the commence in the northeastern portion of the country. Also, I already know I have tomorrow off, so I'm going to drink up tonight.

Attachments

• 10414441_10205745731792941_8868443053722864353_n.jpg
    10414441_10205745731792941_8868443053722864353_n.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 53
  • _DSC3820.jpg
    _DSC3820.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 63
Well, escaped the first round. A coating to the north of town where I was earlier today, barely a residual dusting at my place. Wouldn't have even known it snowed. Hah. Although I guess the storm's supposed to circle back or something.

Drinking a carb tester of my Brown Porter. Carb test of Robust Porter next.

Well, escaped the first round. A coating to the north of town where I was earlier today, barely a residual dusting at my place. Wouldn't have even known it snowed. Hah. Although I guess the storm's supposed to circle back or something.

Drinking a carb tester of my Brown Porter. Carb test of Robust Porter next.

It's snowing in Manchester City? :drunk:

Looks like I'll be spending some time in the DFW area (Roanoke area I think, near the race track) over the next few months. At least it will be every other week, not every week...

Open to recommendations.

Dang, hope you're okay.

Coke.

Thanks! Hit the ground so hard that my hat flew off, but at least I was half in the bag so it wasn't too bad. It just hurt like hell today between a hangover and a likely concussion. Better now.

It fully fermented as of one month ago, then I racked it (to free up my carboy). It is clear and tastes great but it is 5 gallons, she will be the only one drinking it for the most part so it will take too long for that. My worry was that it has been done fermenting for a month now, yet at this point what is one more week? Maybe waiting until after SB for the keg is the best bet. Then I can just take growlers to friends if she doesn't like it.

I shouldn't have taken it on, I worry enough about my beer I don't need some stinking fruit juice making me crazy.

If it's fully fermented out and stable you can carb it up with priming sugar like beer. Whenever I bottle apfelwein carbed I use corn sugar and use a plastic bottle to test carbonation levels. Haven't had bottle bombs thus far.

Home and drinking some water.

I'm currently drinking Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro. I've been craving a milk stout for a while. My last brew was a porter but didn't satiate my craving. I think my next brew is going to have to be a sweet stout.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1422312032.417676.jpg

Now sitting here having the first of 6 remaining homegrown nugget smash. I bottled a 6 pack when I kegged for the first time. Stupidly dropped a teaspoon of sugar in each one individually, not even thinking that I should've dissolved first? Idk. I'm stupid. Guess it worked though.

Watching airlock I just put back on Hefe blow bubbles... Wtf. No idea what I'm doing.

I'm drinking this ironically while I have an internal debate about whether it's safe to drive to the package store 5 mins away to get some beer.

You know what I would say. :D

Gravity sample of the new batch of Hop Stinger 1.01 and tasting good. Will be better after 10 days with the six ounces of hops I just hit it with. ;)
View attachment 251744

Need. Need. Need. Need. Need.

taxes done $1533 return... ill take it

water- LBT during the week

That's it? :p

Next. Hauling more wood inside. ****ing snow.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1422313163.245055.jpgl

Back