What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Half and half. TIPA and simcoe IPA...while Giants lose.

Here's our grandchild talked about earlier this month. Had open chest surgery monday in attempt to divert more oxygenated blood to his one and only kidney. Without a good kidney, they cant do repairs on his multiple heart defects.

That's rough, but it's amazing how strong newborns/infants are and what they can go through at such a young age. Best wishes for you, your family and the little one.

Than you sir!
New experience for all of us. Doctors in Dallas are awesome. The Ronald McDonald house is a life saver also. Thought it was just a boring golf tournament.

I'm so thankful for the Ronald McDonald house. When my daughter was in the NICU and the CVICU before and after her heart surgery, we had a room almost every night. It was nice to stay a couple minute walk away from her instead of an hour drive.

Two of my brothers (twins) were born 2.5 months early and the one was lucky to even make it through birth. He spent his first 15 months in the hospital and tons of procedures, but he's 22 now, so miracles do happen.

Odd you say that...bit off topic...daughter was 100% convinced she miscarried in early summer. Now think she was pregnant with twins and lost one. Biology is a weird thing man.

Wow, this is an amazing beer. I believe its kicked La Folie out if my top sour spot.

Agreed!

Finally home from a long day at work enjoying my Ol' Red. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414212140.005922.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Did you try my hunah clone yet? Saw you're brewing it and I'd definitely like to try yours

No I haven't, but I need to ;)

My ZD clone that doesn't taste anything like ZD but is still tasty. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414213695.357558.jpg

Did you try my hunah clone yet? Saw you're brewing it and I'd definitely like to try yours

Yours is Impending Doom? I still have that in the cellar. Will definitely give you one of mine. Mother floccin pain-in-my-arse mash that it is!

Having this now while hoping (fingers crossed) that I get enough volume from the sparge. Tasting damned fine!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414213854.763606.jpg

No I haven't, but I need to ;)

Got one for you.

Yours is Impending Doom? I still have that in the cellar. Will definitely give you one of mine. Mother floccin pain-in-my-arse mash that it is!

Having this now while hoping (fingers crossed) that I get enough volume from the sparge. Tasting damned fine!
View attachment 231540

Impending Doom (red wax) is an RIs, but not the hunah clone. My hunah clone is the blue wax (shadow cell).

I did! Always a pleasure. Now I'm having your pumpkin ale. Really good brew, man! Tastes similar to my imperial pumpkin. Did you use any honey in this? It's not overly spiced and lets some of the pumpkin flavor come through. Thanks for sharing.

Awesome. I used pumpkin pie spice and some brown sugar while roasting the pumpkin. No honey.

Coff. Coyotes woke me up around 530 and I've been up since. ****.

OEC Tempus Blend #2. The first of five OEC brews I bought today while hanging out with Remmy. As Remmy has reported, all of their brews are great and so far his testimony holds up. This one is a little sour, light bodied and finishes pretty dry. Great brew! Thanks for taking me by there, Remmy! The Grolsch top came off pretty violently, haha!

Waiting in line for really good beer was fun, no? :D

Shoot those bad boys. Sub sonic 22 amo works great

The smallest I have is 9mm. :D I couldn't see them but they were so loud, I thought they were all sitting near the garage.

More Coff. Nothing like Fall mornings in New England. Absolutely nothing.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414239252.021364.jpg

Coffee. Swmbo is going to her mothers today and I am headed to Indy for a working and drinking and brewing weekend. Failed to think about that before going overboard at the butcher shop. Top sirloin and lamb for breakfast.

Coffee. I foresee another busy day. Gotta fill my son's new script, pick up stuff for a birthday party later for my son's friend, make my list and run to the lhbs, and go to the party. Might brew tonight, might wait until tomorrow.

Coffee and water. I think my pumpkin porter went well but fermentation hasn't started yet.

Having a little leftover cold brewed Kenya AA. Just finished bottling 39 bottles of robust porter and 20 bottles of bold coffee porter. 5-1/2 gallons total. Did you use the porter recipe I printed out, a different recipe, or create something on your own for your pumpkin porter?

Black and Tan breakfast (didn't layer well)
View attachment 231567

How is black Tuesday? I am looking forward to cracking one open tonight!

first cup of the second pot of coffee. Been attempting to put a recipe together from ingredients I have on hand for tomorrows event... need to get myself down to Indy early enough to swing by great fermentations.

Having a little leftover cold brewed Kenya AA. Just finished bottling 39 bottles of robust porter and 20 bottles of bold coffee porter. 5-1/2 gallons total. Did you use the porter recipe I printed out, a different recipe, or create something on your own for your pumpkin porter?

Basically stuck to the edmund fitzgerald recipe here and added 7 pounds of pumpkin. Didn't do a starter so I pitched two vials of WLP002. That ****er better take off.

Water. Soon will be beer.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414260151.336895.jpg

Yeungling

Just found the piston rod from my Dakota I blew up in HS, dumb rednecks

I was pulling a full size Chevy around the parking lot when she blew, I miss that truck

Too be young and dumb again

View attachment 231587

Yeungling

Just found the piston rod from my Dakota I blew up in HS, dumb rednecks

I was pulling a full size Chevy around the parking lot when she blew, I miss that truck

Too be young and dumb again

no thanks. I'd be in prison or dead. maybe my mind in my 16 y/o body. then I'd go find my wife so we could have more time together.

more coffee at the moment.

Back