What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why not? It's all downhill from here.

Next. Another HB IPA

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413930573.419607.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413930115.824192.jpg
Damn this is good. I popped the top and a wonderful dank aroma immediately hit my nose. This us just thick with hops its so good. I think I will be heading back to the store tomorrow for more.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Been seeing Nebraska here for a while and finally decided to try them out. First up is their IPA, which is OK, but I don't think it's fresh. I tastes like it would be a lot better fresh.

CameraZOOM-20141021181904591.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413933237.000080.jpg
My HB Red ale I'm calling Ol' Red after my red boned hound I lost a few years back. People in the south are pretty original when it comes to naming animals. In my defense he was already named that when I adopted him.

Still on the Surge, these projects aren't going to finish themselves before the snow flies.

I see another beer in my further.

This dude has no idea what he's talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heady while messing with my new BK. Pretty pleased after spending some time it. I guess i shouldn't have expected it to be as sturdy as my keggle haha.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413933761.407589.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413934100.897358.jpg

Yeah. Have decided that the best part of the change in seasons is the seasonal combo pack.

Next up is Nebraska Brunette Nut Brown Ale. Again, it's OK. In this case the issue isn't the freshness, but I think they tried too hard to impart the nutty, bready notes the description on the can talks about. I've never brewed a beer with too much biscuit malt (at least I don't think I have, haha), but this kind of smells and tastes like what I've heard using too much biscuit malt does to a beer.

CameraZOOM-20141021191910192.jpg

Next up is Nebraska Brunette Nut Brown Ale. Again, it's OK. In this case the issue isn't the freshness, but I think they tried too hard to impart the nutty, bready notes the description on the can talks about. I've never brewed a beer with too much biscuit malt (at least I don't think I have, haha), but this kind of smells and tastes like what I've heard using too much biscuit malt does to a beer.

Never had that beer, but I can vouch for how good their IPA and pale ale are. Must be older stuff you are getting. Their IPA hasnt been to these parts in over a month because of high demand and low supply. F***ing economics.

Slightly Stoopid with dinner. Thanks Remmy! Loving this beer. The aroma is awesome.

Listening to an old Beatnuts CD I just found that I had bought back in the mid-90's.

And having my cascade pale ale.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413935225.971911.jpg

I see another beer in my further.

This dude has no idea what he's talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3mW9oa0Cc8

You do realize that you're contributing to this guy's confidence in his jackassery by increasing the number of views on his videos by watching them and then posting them, knowing a few members here will take the bait and watch them as well. But, that was your plan all along, wasn't it? Because you are him, and he is you. ;)

Never had that beer, but I can vouch for how good their IPA and pale ale are. Must be older stuff you are getting. Their IPA hasnt been to these parts in over a month because of high demand and low supply. F***ing economics.

I'll have to see if I can find the IPA fresh. I'm having the Cardinal Pale Ale now and must agree with you. It's likely not as fresh as it could be, but it's still got nice citrus and tropical hop notes.

CameraZOOM-20141021194821799.jpg

You do realize that you're contributing to this guy's confidence in his jackassery by increasing the number of views on his videos by watching them and then posting them, knowing a few members here will take the bait and watch them as well. But, that was your plan all along, wasn't it? Because you are him, and he is you. ;)

See, you've got it all wrong, my friend.

The more views he has = the more he thinks he's the **** = the more we laugh.

I can't possible be Dar. He deadlifts what you deadlift. :D

Get on-board, son.

Since this is a beer thread.

Air Pun - oatmeal stout.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413936184.604030.jpg

@nukebrewer - there's nothing good in Nebraska except one of those NebCo IPAs, the fresh kind. They are solid.

Wasn't that the point? 😉

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413937301.585614.jpg
I picked up a couple winners today. This is tasty. Ohio really is the heart of it all.

View attachment 230924
I picked up a couple winners today. This is tasty. Ohio really is the heart of it all.

I am gonna have to try that one some day. Swmbo and I are gonna do another brewery/winery road trip as soon as the baby is off the boob. Decision made: we go east.

Back