What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skeezer, what limb do I give to get a barrel aged MC?

This and this:
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413937931.543086.jpg

I am gonna have to try that one some day. Swmbo and I are gonna do another brewery/winery road trip as soon as the baby is off the boob. Decision made: we go east.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

East to where? So many possibilities.

Front Street Brewery Equinox Pale ale. Damn fine beer brewed with all Equinox hops.

Let me just tell you what I experienced.

Every beer I had at Front Street brewery sucked. They make well below-average beer. I did get hammered at nearby beaches, though. So, that made up for the nonsense I had at the brewery.

Since this is a beer thread.

Air Pun - oatmeal stout.
View attachment 230917

@nukebrewer - there's nothing good in Nebraska except one of those NebCo IPAs, the fresh kind. They are solid.

Well, I've had 5 of the ones we get here so far and there's only been one fairly decent one and one that it appears I need to try fresh. Now I'm on this, which I definitely do not like. It's an attempt at something to draw in the BMC crowd, but it fails pretty hard. It's not bad enough to dump, but it will be quickly consumed and I will move on to last one I have, their pumpkin beer.

Attachments

• CameraZOOM-20141021202314374.jpg
    CameraZOOM-20141021202314374.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 61
See, you've got it all wrong, my friend.

The more views he has = the more he thinks he's the **** = the more we laugh.

I can't possible be Dar. He deadlifts what you deadlift. :D

Get on-board, son.

I don't dead lift anything, so there goes your whole argument. :p

Finally, one from Nebraska I have no problem endorsing. Now, this is a pretty standard pumpkin ale (i.e. more spice than pumpkin) but it's a lot better than Pumpkinhead and several of the other go to pumpkin beers the general public seems to love so much.

CameraZOOM-20141021205054795.jpg

East to where? So many possibilities.

On the last one we spent the first night in Findlay and the second in new Philadelphia. We had a newborn on tow so it could have been better.

Having a cup of Kenya AA coffee roasted by an excellent local coffee company, Cup A Joe...just put 2 oz freshly ground into a 32 oz mini growler and topped with bottled water. Going to cold brew in the fridge overnight and strain. Planning to pull two gallons from my 5 gallon batch of robust porter, after I prime it for bottling, and add the coffee. So, I'll have 2 gallons robust coffee porter and about 3 gallons "unadulterated" robust porter. Tasting the hot brewed cup of coffee alongside the Fortnight Porter and it's pretty good...I know that's not scientific, but I get the general idea.

On the last one we spent the first night in Findlay and the second in new Philadelphia. We had a newborn on tow so it could have been better.

Get on the turnpike head east and go to Cleveland. Fatheads, Brewkettle, Great Lakes. I've been a few times and will go back. Cleveland is a great beer town.

Let me just tell you what I experienced.

Every beer I had at Front Street brewery sucked. They make well below-average beer. I did get hammered at nearby beaches, though. So, that made up for the nonsense I had at the brewery.

I'm probably easily impressed lol. Do I think they extract brew... Yes... Would I ever buy the beers in the store? Probably not. There really isn't many other choices in town. I also only paid 3.99 for both lol.

I'm probably easily impressed lol. Do I think they extract brew... Yes... Would I ever buy the beers in the store? Probably not. There really isn't many other choices in town. I also only paid 3.99 for both lol.

What I did was buy beers and have them at the nearby beaches. I also went to bars and had other NC beers like Duck Rabbit.

I don't want to ruin your experience. But Front Street was definitely the worst brewery in the country I've ever been to.

Hope you had a pleasant experience there, thought. Really. I mean it.

Now @Hello may never hook me up with that table or allow me into the state of North Carolina ever again.

As much as the thought of drinking Snorkel disgusts me, that glass is bad ***!

Yeah, this is definitely one of my favorite glasses I own. I haven't opened my bottle of Snorkel yet. I was a little worried about the mushrooms. Although I absolutely love mushrooms, I don't like the thought of them being in beer. But, curiosity outweighs that.

Hello's Holly Jolly Ale. I had it last year when it was first brewed and I'm enjoying it probably even more now, unlike this game I'm watching. Geez, I'd like to see the Royals put something together here. I don't have any particular loyalty to either team, but a) I enjoy rooting for the underdog and b) I bet $50 on this game so even if they don't win I sure would like to see them keep the Giants from covering the spread.

CameraZOOM-20141021212748565.jpg

Drunks are hot and heavy again tonight, not that I read every one, more work on the ferm chamber,
visited the moon,is it infected?;)
havin a RIS,
and watching the Devils choke,

IMG_4946.jpg

IMG_4951.jpg

IMG_4954.jpg

Yeah, this is definitely one of my favorite glasses I own. I haven't opened my bottle of Snorkel yet. I was a little worried about the mushrooms. Although I absolutely love mushrooms, I don't like the thought of them being in beer. But, curiosity outweighs that.

Do they use magic shrooms?

Details? I made a recipe and pitched wort and a sacc strain onto a Brett B cake from another beer.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413942432.798307.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1413942446.113241.jpg
Boiled for 2hrs. Pitched WLP570, then a few days later pitched harvested yeast from an Orval and Saison-Brett. Secondaried with peach purée. Bulk aged for about a year, then bottled. OG: 1.069, FG: 1.002, 8.8% ABV, IBU: 29. It wasn't great at first, but once bottled, the Brett really started to shine. It has been bottled for a little over a year now.

I had an Innis and Gunn original earlier, and I'm drinking an Abita Amber at the moment. I'm having a nice beer night.

I hope you get to hit up fatheads and great lakes at least. I liked the beer best at fatheads because they do hoppy beer so well but Great Lakes is such a cool spot right by west side market.

Im planning on it. Im there for work but after i plan to hit those two and brew kettle up. Maybe go down to hoppin frog if i can

Back