What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My friend's IIPA/American Barleywine. He's calls it Hoptarts. Super good.

1409104808099.jpg

Second pour. Dangerously drinkable. Drinks like a session beer. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409105834.728377.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Earlier this evening -- an unlabeled 12 oz bottle of a brown-colored ale I found amongst more recent beers in the cellar, possibly from 3-4 years ago. Decent body, moderate malt flavor, minimal hoppiness, decent head. Not sure what it was. Tasted good though.

Now -- Steam Engine Stout.

Last night...Raleigh beer week...
Barrel aged smoking wood from The Bruery. Amazing and I'm not 100% on board with smoked beers.

Stone Reason be Damed (half glass)

2012 Mother Earth Silent Night making my 2013 bottle very tempting to open but it's my only one.

Cigar City Invasion Pale Ale. 100% more amazing than from the can and it was one the bar owner drove to CCB to get since we don't get CCB here.

2013 Matilda, awesome. Finally.

A 3 year old aged Fat Tire La Folie...yum!

Racer 5 IPA dry hopped with a bunch of other hops not found in bottle. (half glass)

Some Troegs deal where they're coming to NC resulted in the bar having their beer. I found out when I was ready to go. So I had my first scratch beer, #155 (half glass) and a Naked Elf. :D

Now water.

Coffee.

Heading out "local camping" this evening. Noting like waking up in an RV, half-ass getting cleaned up and driving to the office on a Thursday morning. Friday I will be "working from the RV" [wink, wink].

Now having mark's kiwi saison. Very very good
View attachment 220262
View attachment 220263
Man! I can't set up a bunch of trades but that's another HB I want to try. Mark...hint hint. Maybe we can try to do a very very small HB swap. :D
Small sample of apfelwein. Kegged it and added 2 cans of aj concentrate. Yum.
Apfelwein on tap? You're going to be hammered, a lot!
Coffee. Lotsa blamestorming going on in my office as of late.
I like that word, blamestorming.

Coffee, finally!

Contemplating cleaning 11 kegs this weekend. Picked up a bunch of 3 gallon kegs (pin lock). Plan to clean 'em and stick them on the bottom shelf of my beer fridge. Might limit myself to two beers at a time, as I am sick of bottling. Cobra tap and pulling CO/2 every time I open the door, but NO MORE BOTTLING!

-- the other half was finally convinced when she discovered a bottle bomb in the fridge last week. Score?

On topic - White tea kombucha with Willamette hops.

Contemplating cleaning 11 kegs this weekend. Picked up a bunch of 3 gallon kegs (pin lock). Plan to clean 'em and stick them on the bottom shelf of my beer fridge. Might limit myself to two beers at a time, as I am sick of bottling. Cobra tap and pulling CO/2 every time I open the door, but NO MORE BOTTLING!

-- the other half was finally convinced when she discovered a bottle bomb in the fridge last week. Score?

A bottle bomb in the fridge? That sounds worrisome. Was it infected or just seriously over-carbonated or was fermentation not done?

I like those 3 gallon kegs. Not a bad idea that you have with the fridge and picnic taps. Just have a way to upright the taps when not in use. I used binder clips around the neck of the taps and a command hook on the side of the fridge door to hang the taps. They never got stuck open or accidentally pushed when I was messing around.

Water....to stay on topic.

A bottle bomb in the fridge? That sounds worrisome. Was it infected or just seriously over-carbonated or was fermentation not done?

I like those 3 gallon kegs. Not a bad idea that you have with the fridge and picnic taps. Just have a way to upright the taps when not in use. I used binder clips around the neck of the taps and a command hook on the side of the fridge door to hang the taps. They never got stuck open or accidentally pushed when I was messing around.

Water....to stay on topic.

I'm still a few years away from getting a keezer set-up to switch to kegging (have to wait until my son outgrows his play area in the basement.) The new BeerBox item from Northern Brewer has me intrigued to use until then. I'm just waiting for some early adapters to review them before taking the plunge. :)

More coffee ...

*edit* - and I'll take an assessment of how much HB I have left and what my trading allowance is next week. I'm sure something can be worked out...

I'm still a few years away from getting a keezer set-up to switch to kegging (have to wait until my son outgrows his play area in the basement.) The new BeerBox item from Northern Brewer has me intrigued to use until then. I'm just waiting for some early adapters to review them before taking the plunge. :)

More coffee ...

*edit* - and I'll take an assessment of how much HB I have left and what my trading allowance is next week. I'm sure something can be worked out...

For that price just get a kegging set up. I'm in process to make a new kegger in my house. Thinking going through the wall with the taps. Friends said the taps on top of the freezer is a pain. Plan on 5 tap, one of them nitro. Maybe a beer engine also.. yea.. that too..

on the caffeinated beverage

11 kegs? Nice. When you start something you go big huh?

For that price just get a kegging set up. I'm in process to make a new kegger in my house. Thinking going through the wall with the taps. Friends said the taps on top of the freezer is a pain. Plan on 5 tap, one of them nitro. Maybe a beer engine also.. yea.. that too..

Biggest problem is I don't have room in the current fridge for keg(s) and a CO2 tank. These have the advantage that I can put them on a shelf.

Or go with polypins. $2 for one gallon instead of $100 for 2.5 gallons.

Still on the coffee.

It is a great word, Crappy experience to deal with.

I suppose I can stop complaining that I just got the 14th e-mail from a small group of people who are going back and forth on whether or not to reduce or remove a page boarder from a document template and if we continue to use said border, should we reduce it from the three line (thin, thick, thin) to a single line or utilize the double line where one is thick and the other is thin. And IF so, do we use 1, 2 or 3 PT on the size of the border and which is more effective.

It is difficult to make this **** up.

I'm currently looking to get some perlicks and a nitrogen set up for the near future. Going to start saving and get one. The only pain will probably be the beer gas. I look forward to set up the taps in the wall and get some variety. I have a fried that is going to sell me some ball locks for cheap because he upgraded to a 20bbl system lol

I'm currently looking to get some perlicks and a nitrogen set up for the near future. Going to start saving and get one. The only pain will probably be the beer gas. I look forward to set up the taps in the wall and get some variety. I have a fried that is going to sell me some ball locks for cheap because he upgraded to a 20bbl system lol

Why is the gas the pain? or it is the nitro gas that is a pain? I considered nitro and still do but the 2nd tank would have to sit outside my keezer or I give up a keg, I think. I would definitely get what you can when you can and leave nitro as the add-on.

Back