What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409019079.679705.jpg
This is tasty stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409021137.735961.jpg
Second pour Saison De Lente. This might actually be worth the $. Really good saison

Just a few Cottrell Stonington Pride Pilsners without pics to ease the pain of spending almost $700 on hiking gear. I'm going with a friend this weekend and I damn well better like it because I didn't spend that kinda money to use this stuff only once. I've been hiking before, just never on a multi-night trip, so it's a new experience for me.

HB "Major Nelson" IPA. Strange brew, It's got a crazy head pour, but the beer doesn't taste that over-carbed. And I know I'm a novice, but I think Nelson Sauvin hops are not really suited to IPA's...especially in the flavor additions. Bittering hops were Falconer's Flight, Cascade, and Simcoe. I get the bitter, but the flavor of this beer is more like a bitter saison flavor to me. The yeast was Mangrove Jack West Coast...supposed to give a "clean finish" and let the hops come through. I like IPA's, but I'm not getting that hoppiness. Anyway, it's okay...definitely drinkable...if you can keep some of it in the glass!

DSC05378.jpg

Awesome glad to hear the fishing treated you well. Tough to beat fresh Pakos too. I'm headed to Canada at the end of the week and we are taking all the Pakos we can.

Finishing the growler tonight, after I picked about 3/4 of my cascade hops = 2.5 pounds of fresh hops
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409026075.004411.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409026094.939272.jpg

I left my temp probe outside my keezer for 6 hours. :mad: debating whether or not to unplug the freezer and let sit for a half day or just leave the probe where it belongs and let it cycle again. I haven't pulled any beer because it's late and I need to sleep.

Water.

[Q UOTE=Hello;6333132]I left my temp probe outside my keezer for 6 hours. :mad: debating whether or not to unplug the freezer and let sit for a half day or just leave the probe where it belongs and let it cycle again. I haven't pulled any beer because it's late and I need to sleep.

Water.[/QUOTE]

Coff

Did it freeze?

Once damage gets to a certain point, the building is done for anyway. Its almost impossible to get the smoke smell out anyway. Hopefully they are insured and can rebuild. It sucks when good places have disasters, but being a total loss can be beneficial because they can rebuild.

Coffee. I think I may have just gotten to the point where I have a caffiene buzz.

Coffee. I can already tell that the beer is gonna taste particularly good tonight.

More Coff. Pumpkin is making its way into the oven.

More Coff. Pumpkin is making its way into the oven.

I don't know what I like better, your brew day or my brew day.

May whip up one of two small experimental batches today depending upon workload and energy level. Need to get things going here.

Time for coffee and to check to see if the kegs are frozen. :(

I don't know what I like better, your brew day or my brew day.

May whip up one of two small experimental batches today depending upon workload and energy level. Need to get things going here.

Time for coffee and to check to see if the kegs are frozen. :(

Too bad no one here lives closer, except for Nuke and Dave, who I've brewed with a few times already.

Pumpkin is out of the oven. The house smells great. About to mash-in. 17 lbs. of grain. Imperial Pumpkin for that ass. Expecting an OG of ~1.090.

Skipped breakfast on purpose. The first beer will hit me.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409059294.764334.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409059303.913825.jpg

Too bad no one here lives closer, except for Nuke and Dave, who I've brewed with a few times already.

Pumpkin is out of the oven. The house smells great. About to mash-in. 17 lbs. of grain. Imperial Pumpkin for that ass. Expecting an OG of ~1.090.

Did you use canned pumpkin? If so, what made you roast it up?
That is cool that you've brewed with them both. They seem like all right folks. ;)

Water.

Did you use canned pumpkin? If so, what made you roast it up?
That is cool that you've brewed with them both. They seem like all right folks. ;)

Water.

I used canned pumpkin last year, too. Except I steeped it with grains after roasting it. This year, I made my own, all-grain recipe for it and am spicing it to taste.

I get some aroma and flavor out of the pumpkin when it's roasted.

Oh I was just curious. I have one pumpkin beer under my big belt and it was just using pumpkin pie spices. In fact, I have a couple bottles in the fridge that I need to kill. I have an India Red Ale to brew this weekend and I think I'll bang out a pumpkin as well skipping my mosaic IPA for now.

Anyone have any tips/techniques for packing beer for trades? I sent some homebrew to a friend wrapped in bubble wrap and none of the 6 survived the trip.

Anyone have any tips/techniques for packing beer for trades? I sent some homebrew to a friend wrapped in bubble wrap and none of the 6 survived the trip.

There is a tips for shipping beer sticky somewhere. I bubble wrap as well. Tightly packed in a small box and then put in a bigger box with packing material around it. Small box in a taped shut garbage bag just in case. Worked well for me four times now.

Latest posts

Back