What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pic

1404949571045.jpg

Okay...I haven't had any experience with Belgian Style Tripels before. I picked up some NoDa Triumphant in Charlotte, NC recently...they were out of the Hop, Drop and Roll IPA in bottles (it was very good, on tap!). The bottle says 9.7% ABV and suggests drinking now or "let it age for enhanced complexities." I've read as many snooty reviews as I could stomach, but they are almost all positive. I guess it's pretty good for the style. I get the banana/clove thing, it has a lingering sweetness that coats the inside of the mouth (Belgian Candi Sugar?), but it isn't cloying sweet. I get a Reisling/white wine kind of thing. I think it's the "continental hops" I get in the aroma. There's initial alcohol, but it dissipates quickly...like the head, which was pretty much nonexistent. I do wonder what this would taste like in a year or more. This one says "Bottled 4/14". This is a bomber. so it may be my only beer for a weeknight.

DSC05072.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1404951364.639234.jpg

Coffee, unfortunately. We have a birthday dinner at one of those Japanese grills. I think the place has a pretty crummy beer selection, so that's my evening.

View attachment 210170

Coffee, unfortunately. We have a birthday dinner at one of those Japanese grills. I think the place has a pretty crummy beer selection, so that's my evening.

Maybe they'll have Fitz's Root Beer on the beverage list...better than sake'!

I'm about to pour my second from my NoDa Triumphant Belgian Style Tripel bomber.

Attachments

• DSC05073.jpg
    DSC05073.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 60
Second pull on the Cobain's Double Dark IPA. No pic. This will smack your ass and inquire as to the identity of your father.

The BBA version is 14% and ridiculous! Now having one from my growler of Oddside Ales Bright Eyed & Banana Tailed Banana Hefe w/Chocolate coff.

1404953383511.jpg

1404953404997.jpg

The BBA version is 14% and ridiculous! Now having one from my growler of Oddside Ales Bright Eyed & Banana Tailed Banana Hefe w/Chocolate coff.

Sweet. A good weekend for me...one buddy from VT brought me a couple Heady Toppers and another friend stopped by with this growler. Nothing exchanged for either.

I had another gravity sample of my saison. It dropped another 2 points down to 1.003. I was gonna cold crash tonight and bottle on Friday. Looks like that's not gonna happen now.

I like it. Lemony tart, some funk, and still hoppy. Makes me want to listen to some Tone Loc.

****ty glassware, so it's hard to get the aroma.

Definitely willing to pay for Prairie's sours more than their stouts. Both are great, but $9 for a 12 oz stout is hard to swallow after a while

Back