What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Delerium Nocturnum

1403138756142.jpg

Trying out New Holland Beer Barrel Bourbon. The stout character is hiding in the background of the aroma, but blends well with the bourbon. I like.

1403141917400.jpg

I have wasted no time digging into the eMAW I got from zeptrey today. This is a pretty damn good DIPA from Rough Tail Brewing in OK. They even did us the courtesy of printing the homebrew scale recipe right on the label. How nice of them.

1403143805944.jpg

A few HB's from my first two AG batches, a citra PA and some freshly bottled and ready HB Ipa's. I love drinking the fruits of our "labor". Wish I had pics to post, I think you all would be proud. I'll work on that.

Started off with a Gueze which was pretty good
IMG_0254.jpg

And then moved to a Stony Brook Red which even better.
IMG_0258.jpg

Why do sour beers have to be so high in ABV? They are delicious and I love them but I just cant handle the alcohol. I'm used to drinking my session beers and this sour obsession is going to do me in. I even had to close one eye to click on my phone to bring up the pictures, I guess maybe I need to gain some weight :drunk:

Started off with a Gueze which was pretty good
View attachment 206507

And then moved to a Stony Brook Red which even better.
View attachment 206506

Why do sour beers have to be so high in ABV? They are delicious and I love them but I just cant handle the alcohol. I'm used to drinking my session beers and this sour obsession is going to do me in. I even had to close one eye to click on my phone to bring up the pictures, I guess maybe I need to gain some weight :drunk:

That cuvee Rene is sub 5 I think. Most traditional sours are on the 5th mark. Though I like my sours more alcoholic. Mine are in the 7-9 range.

Possible nightcap. Dirty Bastard from the growler. It was great to get back to the Founders tap room today, the remodel is awesome.

1403151871870.jpg

I had wheat beer from Appalachian Brewing earlier (pretty basic, but drinkable) while I finally bottle my gallon of Pineapple-Mango Melomel. Started April 3rd. I have 10 good 12oz bottles that I'm going to put away until a year from November. So the first good bottle opened would be around a year and a half from the start of fermentation. But, I had an 11th bottle that was just 2 or 3 oz short of full, that I added some Culligan bottled water to...just to top it up a little...and I'll check it sometime in a few months. I'll keep an eye on it. A small taste was a little hot on the alcohol, but definitely getting the pineapple...maybe the mango will come out as it mellows.

DSC05020.jpg

DSC05021.jpg

Coffee #2.

Last night was fun. I heard what sounded like fighting small dogs outside and when I went to be a nosy neighbor found out my next door neighbors 21 year old son and his friends had rolled out a long strip of plastic sheeting and turned it into an improvised slip n slide. I spent the evening drinking Miller heavies and shooting the sh*t watching them have fun and bruise themselves. Then I had a perfectly grilled ribeye steak out of the freezer and a Apfelwein to cap off the night. Early to bed and no headache this morning. I think I am starting to figure out how to properly drink Apfelwein now.

^ how does one grill a steak perfectly from the freezer? :) serious question.

Water now coffee. Not much sleep, again.

Latest posts

Back