What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds to me like you took the correct turn.
I would do the same but I have to turn in. 5:00 will come too early I'm afraid.

Only made it through one pour. Recapped and put it in the fridge.

Grav sample of my smoked lager (passedpawns recipe). Mmmmmm bacony goodness!

Still 1.020? What'd you decide to do?

Water. Woke up and it wasn't snowing. Came downstairs after shower and we had an inch and it's still coming down at a good clip. No trip to CT today! :ban:

You're happy about snow? What's going on?

Coffee... My face isn't numb anymore which is nice...

Ugh. I'm getting my last two wisdom teeth out next week. Not looking forward to it.

Oolong here. Got an email this morning from a local winery that they have barrels ready to pick up. Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to fill the dang thing.

Numb to it is more like it - the happy is not having to schlep to CT.

Ugh. I'm getting my last two wisdom teeth out next week. Not looking forward to it.

Oolong here. Got an email this morning from a local winery that they have barrels ready to pick up. Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to fill the dang thing.

A group of us from the home brew club are going to be getting a wine barrel this week and it looks like we're going to be doing a sour saison which I'm looking forward to. That would be a pretty monumental job to fill it by yourself though.

Im gonna let it roll. Still 4% and what residual sweetness that is there plays really well with the smoke. Gonna bottle today or tomorrow.

Coffee is brewing. Think I may thaw out the last 2 liters of hand juiced lemon juice I have and whip up a batch of skeeter pee today. I just have to run out and grab sugar and yeast. I gotta rack my peach wine soon too and try to degas it a bit, but damn is that tasting good.

That's strange. It labeled all those quotes as coming from me.

Coffee, just found out a co worker picked up some Mr Mephesto Imperial Stout from Lake Louie brewing for me. Apparently I get to pay her for 3-4packs. I figure since they are imp stouts, I should be good to age two of the four packs. Kind of excited to try them though, limited release is usually a good sign.

Numb to it is more like it - the happy is not having to schlep to CT.

A group of us from the home brew club are going to be getting a wine barrel this week and it looks like we're going to be doing a sour saison which I'm looking forward to. That would be a pretty monumental job to fill it by yourself though.

Fermenting in the barrel is the only thing I can figure out because I don't have the fermentor space. So I guess I'll do five ten gallon turbid mashes and use one I've got going and one from this week as starters. Yes, it's insane.

Fermenting in the barrel is the only thing I can figure out because I don't have the fermentor space. So I guess I'll do five ten gallon turbid mashes and use one I've got going and one from this week as starters. Yes, it's insane.

Insane?? I guess I must be insane because that sounds like a good way to spend time to me

Have you gone snowboarding yet? We are waiting for pictures or, preferably, video.

Water, working.

Getting the kid ready and finishing this cup of Coff.

I have about 2' of snow out back. I'm going to shovel some snow and create my own hit or two. It's going to be sick.

More Coff after shredding up my back yard.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392745028.821795.jpg

Top cap Burton custom bindings? Copy Cat :D

My left binding is slightly different from my right. I broke my binding on a jump last time I was in Colorado (A-Basin). I got a free replacement at the base lodge ski shop - they're cool like that. They took my broken binding (the back portion cracked in half) and told me they'd deal with Burton themselves.

My '07 Custom X is still going strong.

Finishing this beer before my mother and grandmother get to my house. They're visiting and I wouldn't want them to see me having beers while I work. :D

My left binding is slightly different from my right. I broke my binding on a jump last time I was in Colorado (A-Basin). I got a free replacement at the base lodge ski shop - they're cool like that. They took my broken binding (the back portion cracked in half) and told me they'd deal with Burton themselves.

My '07 Custom X is still going strong.

Nice, I wish I had a custom board. I cant justify buying a new board when my burton bullet still works perfectly. Ill just have to shred harder and abuse it more. :cross:

Drinking water still. Just got a call from my dad who wants me to pack up a guitar and ship it out. I told him I had experience in packing fragile items and it wouldnt be a problem :D

My board is an '07 and I picked it up in New Jersey in 2008 for $350. That's a $750 board. Never buy a model year board. Year-old equipment is always a lot cheaper. And that board was brand new.

Water with chicken for lunch.

My board is an '07 and I picked it up in New Jersey in 2008 for $350. That's a $750 board. Never buy a model year board. Year-old equipment is always a lot cheaper. And that board was brand new.

I hear you. I doubt I could get myself to drop a grand on a new board.

Preach. Got my board, bindings and boots which retailed for $1,200 total for $450 during the summer after the model year. Maybe there were a couple cool kids that laughed at me, but it was more likely because I was on my butt, not because my gear was a year old...:rockin:

Going to go back out for a few more runs after some beers. I hate hiking the hill. The snow out back is 2.5-3 feet deep. The top half is all powder.

There is a guy near me (suburban philly) that has a one chair lift on his property for the kids' sledding. Just to give you something to think about :D

3/4 of a pint, as I kicked the last of my keg of Pale Ale. Almost got a super clear pint, then the yeast kicked up and muddied up my pint. Oh well, still tastes good...

Cranberry juice mixed with water. Done for the day.

board.jpg

Mint green tea. Yay work. Wonder if I can incorporate mint into a stout or something...

Just got back from shipping off this guitar my dad won at a charity silent auction. He didnt actually want it but thought he'd bid it up to help them raise money. Thats what he gets for being nice :D

photo 2 (3).jpg

Exactly why I plan on hitting the burton summer sale this year. I've been told everything they have goes on sale for more then 50% off. It's brand new stuff just last years model.

Exactly why I plan on hitting the burton summer sale this year. I've been told everything they have goes on sale for more then 50% off. It's brand new stuff just last years model.

I got all of SWMBO's stuff at a Burton sale at Clinton Crossings in Clinton, CT. Board, bindings, helmet, gloves, goggles, pants and jacket for under $600. All brand new. I got myself a Shawn White jacket to snowboard in, too (I swear it makes me jump higher). It was perfect, though. Not baggy at all and I could wear it out in public if I wanted to without it looking weird or flashy.

Hammering the rest of this black ale and will not be stopping there, even with family over. :fro::fro::fro:

Back