What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep on telling Roxanne she don't have to put on the red light...

In case I haven't said it lately, I hate you. :D

Speaking of which, I totally forgot to post pics after my phone died on Friday. Opened both '95 and '97 Triple Bock. '95 had some redeeming qualities, but the '97 was in fact terrible. I think all the people who say it's the worst beer ever have never judged a homebrew comp, but it was pretty damn bad.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392684759.269309.jpg
My brew buddy Nathan's black IPA. This thing is world class. Verging on a hoppy stout. Need that recipe!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

My home brewed Pale Ale, 5.5% ABV. Recipe includes 2-row, Munich, and Pale Chocolate Malts. Could you tell I'm close to finishing the keg? It's super clear right now.

IMG_0713.jpg

In case I haven't said it lately, I hate you. :D

Speaking of which, I totally forgot to post pics after my phone died on Friday. Opened both '95 and '97 Triple Bock. '95 had some redeeming qualities, but the '97 was in fact terrible. I think all the people who say it's the worst beer ever have never judged a homebrew comp, but it was pretty damn bad.

Haha! The feeling is mutually my friend. ;)
So you finally opened them. I never had the 94 to compare, but damn, if that 97 isn't the worst thing I've ever tasted! I'm glad I could share. If I ever find another I'll send it your way. :p

Tommyknocker Brewery Hop Strike Black IPA.

DSC_0697-XL.jpg

Man, this beer is WAY overcarbonated. In the picture, this was a slow pour into a room temperature glass. The beer temp was 50F. I nearly gagged when I took my first swig. Not because of the taste, but because the carbonation made it difficult to swallow.

It has a very medicinal smell to it. It is dryer than I prefer, but I like the roasted quality, though it is not nearly hopped enough to be called an IPA in my opinion... Though I wonder if the carbonation is covering up the bitterness for me?

All in all, I'm very disappointed in this beer. Anybody else try this and have a similar experience?

Water right now. Spending time with the grandson but once he goes to bed Ive got a couple of G.I. Sofies wainting for me.

Sent from a red Solo cup with string connected......

DSC_0697-XL.jpg

Man, this beer is WAY overcarbonated. In the picture, this was a slow pour into a room temperature glass. The beer temp was 50F. I nearly gagged when I took my first swig. Not because of the taste, but because the carbonation made it difficult to swallow.

It has a very medicinal smell to it. It is dryer than I prefer, but I like the roasted quality, though it is not nearly hopped enough to be called an IPA in my opinion... Though I wonder if the carbonation is covering up the bitterness for me?

All in all, I'm very disappointed in this beer. Anybody else try this and have a similar experience?

Overcarbed and medicinal sounds infected to me. I would personally contact the brewery and tell them about your experience.

Overcarbed and medicinal sounds infected to me. I would personally contact the brewery and tell them about your experience.

Hmmm... This didn't occur to me. I've never actually tasted an infected beer before, so I wouldn't know what to expect. I wonder if this is the case? Though, the taste isn't too bad. I always envisioned an infected beer as terrible tasting. Thanks for the suggestion. I think I will let them know about it. If it were my brewery, I'd want to know.

:mug:

DSC_0697-XL.jpg

Had the same problem with a laughing dog IPA I purchased a few weeks back at a local liquor store. Turned out that when I looked on the label it was 2 yrs old! Needless to say that will be the last time I shop there.

DSC_0697-XL.jpg

All of Tommynocker's beer's are bad and that fact they distribute perpetually confuses me. The brewery stinks like rotting spent grain. I used to go there when I lived in Idaho Springs for happy hour and $2 pints, but always regretted it.

Speaking of regrets, boy does yeast settle out in a bottling bucket, even rehydrated. Thought I'd get the last 6 oz of BdG in my belly, but the first sip dissuaded me. Time to raid the cellar.

Had the same problem with a laughing dog IPA I purchased a few weeks back at a local liquor store. Turned out that when I looked on the label it was 2 yrs old! Needless to say that will be the last time I shop there.

The "best by" date was Dec 16, 2013. Although past the date, I doubt that has much to do with it, since it's only a couple months past... and since my own experience with IPAs is that they only get better with age.

All of Tommynocker's beer's are bad and that fact they distribute perpetually confuses me. The brewery stinks like rotting spent grain. I used to go there when I lived in Idaho Springs for happy hour and $2 pints, but always regretted it.

Speaking of regrets, boy does yeast settle out in a bottling bucket, even rehydrated. Thought I'd get the last 6 oz of BdG in my belly, but the first sip dissuaded me. Time to raid the cellar.

Hmmm. Interesting. Maybe this is par for the course than...

Picked up a 6er of Avery Brewing Co's New World Porter today. That stuff is DANGEROUSLY good. It's apparently a limited release, so grab it while you can.

Also tasted Sam Adams' new Coldsnap. Not bad, a little sweet for my taste though.

I don't want to sound mean, but: BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!! you can punch my liver later.

having a pour of OBC's Winter Games 34.

Its all good man... They shot me with a bunch of Novocaine and it took hours to wear of... I just hate that feeling so i took the night off... Been thinking about not drinking during the week anyway... Good thing is my gf is a hygienist so it was free

Drinking some iced tea being a baby

Moving on from that disappointing Black IPA to Ithaco Beer Co Cascazilla.

DSC_0699-XL.jpg

While a good beer, I was disappointed in the hoppiness. With a name like cascazilla, I was expecting a really hoppy IPA, but it's about average for an IPA. For whatever reason, tonight I'm in the mood for some seriously hoppy beer.

What recipe did you use? If you don't mind me asking.

Well, I took the budget IPA kit from ahs, added 1lb of table sugar, and hopped it according to the heady clone recipe in byo magazine. So, it's technically not an exact clone. I've never had heady, so I can't compare it anyway, but it sure is a tasty beer.

Late Valentines dinner, so I made some BBQ coated Jonah crab claws.
For dessert having Cerveza Cucapa (from Baja Mexico) Lowrider Rye. Nice malty and good rye spice. The fiancee is having Creme Brulee (aka Diabeetus)

1392692160385.jpg

1392692338100.jpg

1392692350618.jpg

Well, I took the budget IPA kit from ahs, added 1lb of table sugar, and hopped it according to the heady clone recipe in byo magazine. So, it's technically not an exact clone. I've never had heady, so I can't compare it anyway, but it sure is a tasty beer.

Have you had anything from Thai Me Up in Jackson? Check out the hop union website for their clone of 2x4. I scaled it back from an imperial IPA and brewed it last weekend. It smells incredible right now I can't wait until its done.

Latest posts

Back