What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well,I just found out my son has $1.89 on his GE card for the gas wife told him I need. And I scrounged enough for spring water to fill my BB with 5 gallons of it,& 7/1G jugs for my two batches of IPA. I'm brewing both PM,another batch of my Maori IPA with fresher NZ hops. and a new one,Cougar Country IPA,a sort of cross between Latitude 48 & Pliny...in theory in BS2 anyway...:ban:
Made biscuits Thursday with spent IPA grains & they looked/tasted like rye bread. Yummy! Gunna refine the recipe then maybe post it.

Well,I just found out my son has $1.89 on his GE card for the gas wife told him I need. And I scrounged enough for spring water to fill my BB with 5 gallons of it,& 7/1G jugs for my two batches of IPA. I'm brewing both PM,another batch of my Maori IPA with fresher NZ hops. and a new one,Cougar Country IPA,a sort of cross between Latitude 48 & Pliny...in theory in BS2 anyway...:ban:
Made biscuits Thursday with spent IPA grains & they looked/tasted like rye bread. Yummy! Gunna refine the recipe then maybe post it.

Wooo brew on.

Actually decided to go with warmed hard cider. Yeah thats the stuff!

ForumRunner_20130914_110203.jpg

NIZZLE said:
On the coff while a reinforce my porch fo the 65# of goodies that are on the way
:rockin:

You know that's how we do here in NWPA!

Drinking some pumpkin coffe at my parent's house. Eh...not terrible, but I miss my good coff.

More importantly - did you talk yourself into converting your fridge into a coolship? ;)

yeah TNGabe, did you?

No talking into needed. I don't have anything else to do with it. It's just a matter of where I'm going to put it. I am glad I didn't talk myself into another beer last night. 4 hrs sleep was little enough. Might try and sneak a nap in before my afternoon of drinking.

No talking into needed. I don't have anything else to do with it. It's just a matter of where I'm going to put it. I am glad I didn't talk myself into another beer last night. 4 hrs sleep was little enough. Might try and sneak a nap in before my afternoon of drinking.

Got any out buildings? You'll want good airflow.

In Billy Klubb speak I'm having a Coca floccin Cola. ;)

It looks like Jack in the Box is trying to steal the late night stoner crowd away from Taco Bell.

image-2419521883.jpg

Moved onto the British beers- Beavertown Black Betty black IPA from London. Pretty nice! Bit too roasty for the style, but it's really nice on it's own.

ForumRunner_20130914_182424.png

Missus is on the Moor Beer Radiance, from somerset.

I love Zwanze Day. So far Lou Pepe Framboise, Cuvee Saint-Gilloise, Saint Lamvinus, Iris Grand Cru, Kriek, and now a side by side of Classic Gueuze from both draft and bottle. Amazing how different they are.

(All are Cantillon obviously)

ForumRunner_20130914_132427.png

finsfan said:
HOly crap thats a lot of food!

I don't think any of that is actually good.

Qhrumphf said:
I love Zwanze Day. So far Lou Pepe Framboise, Cuvee Saint-Gilloise, Saint Lamvinus, Iris Grand Cru, Kriek, and now a side by side of Classic Gueuze from both draft and bottle. Amazing how different they are.

(All are Cantillon obviously)
I'm telling myself the crowd is terrible to temper my jealousy.

TNGabe said:
I don't think any of that is actually good.

For the people that will be ordering it, it doesn't have to be good. There just has to be alot of it.

Billy-Klubb said:
no, my wife is. but I am a fan of most of Morning Star's stuff.

My sister has been a vegetarian for about 16 years, some of which she went strictly vegan. Never could understand what's wrong with her. ;)
I actually like quite a few of the vegetarian and vegan products, but when it comes down to it, I love meat too much to give it up completely.

Dave37's Belgian golden strong. The golden color is beautiful, as you can see. The head was good for a minute, but quickly dropped down to a steady 1/2 cm and it looks like it's going to stay there. The aroma is simply amazing. Nice Belgian fruity yeast character, clove, spiciness, a little banana and a touch of maltiness is present but the Belgian yeast is the star here. That Belgian yeast character is just as intense in the flavor as it is in the aroma. A little malt sweetness and barely perceptible bitterness balance everything out well. Medium body leaves it on your palate long enough to taste it after swallowing, but the memory on your tongue keeps you coming back for another sip. Another very well done brew, Dave.

20130914_133500.jpg

bottlebomber said:
Sounds like you've never been high enough to appreciate fried chicken with cheese sticks covered in cheese sauce.

I will neither confirm nor deny that statement. I will say I had dreads for 5 years and used to work in a head shop and allow you to draw your own conclusions.

nukebrewer said:
Dave37's Belgian golden strong. The golden color is beautiful, as you can see. The head was good for a minute, but quickly dropped down to a steady 1/2 cm and it looks like it's going to stay there. The aroma is simply amazing. Nice Belgian fruity yeast character, clove, spiciness, a little banana and a touch of maltiness is present but the Belgian yeast is the star here. That Belgian yeast character is just as intense in the flavor as it is in the aroma. A little malt sweetness and barely perceptible bitterness balance everything out well. Medium body leaves it on your palate long enough to taste it after swallowing, but the memory on your tongue keeps you coming back for another sip. Another very well done brew, Dave.

Awesome man glad you are digging the brews so far. Thanks for the good review i always take peoples feed back seriously, even those who dont brew. so its great to get some feedback from another brewer, especially one with some skills! :mug:

I will be tearing into one of yours in a couple hours when i finish with this 24 hour shift.

Thanks again man.

Cheers

Blackjack Doppelkopf (black wheat) in Soup Kitchen, Manchester.

Thinks it's a bohemian bar in new York or something but it's actually full of *****es.

ForumRunner_20130914_193921.png

Nice beer though.

Back