What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More melon skeeter pee.

image-2464641203.jpg

And a snack.

image-378711347.jpg

WesleyS said:
Nope, not alone. I've already had one of these tonight as well.

You bastard! The ice cream truck came today and left before I could find any cash. I was pretty bummed. I might have to go to the grocery store tomorrow. Tat looks awesome!

mcbaumannerb said:
A DIPA with Citra, simcoe and centennial. It's a well rounded citrus IPA!

Nice!! I'm planning o. Brewing an APA on Sunday with Amarillo, Citra, and Simcoe! Centennial sounds good. I'm using warrior S buttering hops.

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
No snackin here, waiting for my woman to get home to tear into this mustard glazed pork loin!!

You son of a monkey's ass! That looks good!

tyzippers said:
You bastard! The ice cream truck came today and left before I could find any cash. I was pretty bummed. I might have to go to the grocery store tomorrow. Tat looks awesome!

Oh they are awesome. I highly recommend them.
These chips aren't quite doing it, tempted to throw some pizza rolls in the oven. I always keep some junk around the house.

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
I miss the ice cream truck. Ppl here dont know wtf that is lol

I love it when the ice cream truck comes around a and daughter's in trouble. I buy I've cream and eat it in front of her. Some day she'll learn!

tyzippers said:
Nice!! I'm planning o. Brewing an APA on Sunday with Amarillo, Citra, and Simcoe! Centennial sounds good. I'm using warrior S buttering hops.

That's a good hop combo. I used Simcoe, Mosaic, Amarillo, and Citra in my DIPA. Didn't bother with a normal bittering charge. Just used 3 oz of Simcoe at 30 min and added doses of all four every five minutes starting at 15 minutes. Then a decent flameout charge. Then after steeping for about 20 minutes, I added another healthy charge of all four and let it stand for another 20 minutes. Then dry hopped with an ounce each. Needless to say, it was a complete fooking hop bomb. But that hop combo was great! I'll be brewing it again soon. Instead of US05, I might culture some Conan from the Heady Topper that's on it's way to me and see what it's like with the extra fruitiness from the Conan yeast.

I make connections all I can, by coincidence Ive become very good friends with Jason Salas, New Hollands brewmaster. Sure we are both Mexican, but he says thats not why he takes me under his wing, he said its obvious passion and Im proud of that

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Do you gotta ask!? Brewing man!! Im in Michigan, this is the farm league of brewing.

I thought the answer would be staying up all night drinking with some crazy bastards. ;)

Billy-Klubb's Mosaic Rye. Definitely more rue coming through after a few weeks. Less of the sweet mosaic and more of the piney mosaic. Loving it

tyzippers said:

Mmm...I love buttering hops!

WesleyS said:
That's a good hop combo. I used Simcoe, Mosaic, Amarillo, and Citra in my DIPA. Didn't bother with a normal bittering charge. Just used 3 oz of Simcoe at 30 min and added doses of all four every five minutes starting at 15 minutes. Then a decent flameout charge. Then after steeping for about 20 minutes, I added another healthy charge of all four and let it stand for another 20 minutes. Then dry hopped with an ounce each. Needless to say, it was a complete fooking hop bomb. But that hop combo was great! I'll be brewing it again soon. Instead of US05, I might culture some Conan from the Heady Topper that's on it's way to me and see what it's like with the extra fruitiness from the Conan yeast.

Nice!! Mine looks like this:

Warrior: .5 @ 90 min
Simcoe: .5 @ 20 min
Warrior: .5@ 20 min
Amarillo 1.5 @ 20 min
Citra 1 @ 20 min
Simcoe.5@ 20 min
Amarillo 1 @ 15 min
Amarillo 1.5 @ 10 min

Then there's some dry hops I can't remember. Dirt time I didn't use enough hops. I think I got en covered this time!

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
I make connections all I can, by coincidence Ive become very good friends with Jason Salas, New Hollands brewmaster. Sure we are both Mexican, but he says thats not why he takes me under his wing, he said its obvious passion and Im proud of that

I need to make some connections with Mexican brewmasters. ;)
I'm actually half Mexican on my mom's side. But you'd never know it. My dad's side is Czech and I favor that side more. I look just like my mom's dad, except white as can be.

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:

You're Mexican?!! That's awesome!

tyzippers said:

Amarillo 1.5 @ 20 min
Citra 1 @ 20 min
Simcoe.5@ 20 min
Amarillo 1 @ 15 min
Amarillo 1.5 @ 10 min

Then there's some dry hops I can't remember. Dirt time I didn't use enough hops. I think I got en covered this time!

Looking good. If I may suggest one thing. Try throwing some hops in at flameout. Even if its some or all of what you're planning on using at 20 min.
If not on this batch, maybe the next time and compare the difference.

WesleyS said:
Looking good. If I may suggest one thing. Try throwing some hops in at flameout. Even if its some or all of what you're planning on using at 20 min.
If not on this batch, maybe the next time and compare the difference.

Not a bad idea. I'm willing to try that on this one. I'm looking to improve on the previous batch. That sounds like it would certainly improve!

Alright boys and girl. I'm tapping out. It's 1:30 on the east coast. I'm ready to pass out. Catch yinz guys on the flip side.

Finally finished the bottomless growler of melon skeeter pee. If only this Founders growler would've been filled with some sort of Founders deliciousness.

image-3832632047.jpg

Hey, is it just me or does passed out Nizzle look a little like Bill Clinton here. :D

image-1807270289.jpg

tyzippers said:

Amarillo 1.5 @ 20 min
Citra 1 @ 20 min
Simcoe.5@ 20 min
Amarillo 1 @ 15 min
Amarillo 1.5 @ 10 min

Lately, all of my hoppy beers have been bittering (or buttering) @ 30, flavor/aroma @15 and 5 minutes, put the chiller in and cool to 180 degrees, turn off the water, then throw a metric dick-ton of hops in for 15-20 minutes. Incredible nose on those beers.

Back