What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nukebrewer said:
Rye, Aye Captain! I think this is one of my better IPAs. It might get trumped, though by either or both of my next two... an imperial red (which also happens to meet the style guidelines for IIPA) brewed with Nelson Sauvin, Kohatu and Motueka hops (all NZ hops). That one's called Ultra Kiwi Red Ale (UKRA). The other one is going to be a SMaSH brew of Maris Otter and El Dorado hops. I am incredibly excited to brew with El Dorado. Look at me, rambling on like a school girl with new brew excitement. I'll stop now. Cheers!

Sounds like you have some good brews coming up. I need to brew again. I'm planning an all Nelson pale ale. It will be my first time working with NZ hops.

mcbaumannerb said:
Hmm ... pumpkin beer? Never would have guessed. ;)

What I was trying to say is, it is an Oktoberfest lager with pumpkin and spices added. I don't drink many pumpkin beers, I thought that one was unique.

Lol. I just need to leave it be.

Speaking of brett though. I'm drinking a roeselare dubbel. Interesting

Hmm, that sounds like a 'discussion' you tried to drag me into. If you can't tell a recipe for a IIPA isn't for a wild dubbel, maybe it's not a brew for you to tackle just yet. Maybe...

That's why I hang out here mostly. That and cause everybody know my name. :mug: I wonder if the Dude has checked in recently and what he thinks of his million view thread. Or if he just abides, man. :D As much as I'm planning on drinking this weekend, I bet we'll hit 50k posts, too. :D

Appalachian Brewing Co. Grinnin' Grizzly Holiday Spiced Ale...guess it's last year's even though I just got it a couple weeks ago at the ABC brew pub. Not bad.

image-140400214.jpg

Lazy Magnolia Timber Beast Imperial Rye Pale Ale.

Hmm, that sounds like a 'discussion' you tried to drag me into. If you can't tell a recipe for a IIPA isn't for a wild dubbel, maybe it's not a brew for you to tackle just yet. Maybe...

That's why I hang out here mostly. That and cause everybody know my name. :mug: I wonder if the Dude has checked in recently and what he thinks of his million view thread. Or if he just abides, man. :D As much as I'm planning on drinking this weekend, I bet we'll hit 50k posts, too. :D

Yah, that's how I roll haha.

I think if we had a chat room we'd all get drunk together there. But seeing as we don't, this is a social drinking thread. I like it here, it's a great e-pub. Minus the stench coming out of nuzzles corner over there. Man you gotta stop dumping your yeast in the corner.

I was supposed to be saving this for whinter. Might be a wheat bdsa since I used 530. Another strain that flocs like a champ after conditioning.

image-1238347669.jpg

Note my super cool cast iron bottle capper. I'm keeping that bad boy.

Is that cool whhip on top? ;)

Do you have any idea when that came out? I kinda hate Family Guy (re the South Park episodes with the Manatees) and I'd hate to find out Hot Rod stole it.
[ame]http://youtu.be/h2SHm8dqL9M?t=12s[/ame]

A foreign extra stout that was inoculated with Brett-C and aged for six months. I may have to go get another glass so I can take a picture. The carbonation is still a bit low, but it sure was good.

A foreign extra stout that was inoculated with Brett-C and aged for six months. I may have to go get another glass so I can take a picture. The carbonation is still a bit low, but it sure was good.

You might have to send me one so I can take a picture. I've been wanting to get into some English inspired ales with brett C. So many brews, so little time, money, and fermenter space.

Finally have the chance to try this. It's pretty tasty. A tad sweet, but it doesn't detract from the beer. I think this might have beat out New Belgium's Trippel and take the #1 spot on my list of favorite trippels.

ForumRunner_20130815_185742.jpg

Finally have the chance to try this. It's pretty tasty. A tad sweet, but it doesn't detract from the beer. I think this might have beat out New Belgium's Trippel and take the #1 spot on my list of favorite trippels.

Just realized it's 8.5%! I'm gonna feel good after drinking this tall boy.

Much better day at work. The melted cast iron in the furnace is still a huge issue, but the bosses think we'll be ok. Whatever. I solved a huge problem I've been facing for almost a year. It was a momentous occasion! So I'm breaking out the Dragon's Milk (Pee, if you're Remmy)!! I'm taking the small wins at this point!

Much better day at work. The melted cast iron in the furnace is still a huge issue, but the bosses think we'll be ok. Whatever. I solved a huge problem I've been facing for almost a year. It was a momentous occasion! So I'm breaking out the Dragon's Milk (Pee, if you're Remmy)!! I'm taking the small wins at this point!

sometimes you just need some small wins.

String enough small wins together and they add up! Enjoy that milk! :mug:

Is it bad that I can't remember if I posted this yet tonight?

This one is great. Dark fruit, intense bready, malty aromas. Great flavor, very smooth and full mouthfeel, slight alcohol warming. And at 11.1% it's going to keep getting better for quite some time.

20130815_191200.jpg

Latest posts

Back