What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remmy said:
Buzzed as all hell. But still managed to net a gigantic toad that hopped into my garage and let him loose in the woods.

Now, what beer do I drink next?

You didn't lick the toad did you?

My 'FBA' :D

image-970832032.jpg

Billy-Klubb said:
bad movies spawned MST3K. therefore: bad movies x (Joel + Mike + Crow + Servo + Gypsy + Dr. Forester + TV's Frank + Mrs. Forrester + Brain Guy) = freaking awesome.

Oh yeah that was good for some laughs back in the day

we've got Mitchell, Hamlet, Girl in Golden Boots, Overdrawn at the Memory Bank, and Space Mutiny on DVD. we got "back in the day" on disc, brah. :rockin:

Mitchell is great. Manos Hand of Fate is a favorite and of course Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.

Drinking some water now before bed ... and watching sharknado. Holy crap this is so bad it's actually funny! :D

My wife and I watched the last half hour of it last night. It definitely made us laugh, but what was even funnier were all the tweets that SyFy was putting on the screen through out the movie! Some of those were priceless!!

Also, killing a tulip of the Single Hop Mosaic from Voodoo. What an interesting hop! If I had to guess, I'd say it's more piney than citrusy. Actually, I get no citrus at all from it. I like it!

Drinking some Makers and cola right now. Hoping for good news from my mom on Sunday. They're making the drive up to New Glarus and are supposed to grab some for me.

TNGabe said:
I'm going to need you to call my wife and explain why I'll be on the couch until 4 am drinking beer and watching YouTube now. :drunk:

My wife can call her. She just sent me to the couch :D

Southern Star Bombshell Blonde. Superbly smooth, refreshing, light, and flavorful. Just got a case, sounds like a weekend to anyone else?

TNGabe said:
Why didn't I think of that? Sounds better then black saison or farmhouse black ipa. Although I'm guessing that one isn't hoppy?

TNGabe said:
You didn't lick the toad did you?

My 'FBA' :D

This one was not hoppy. I like "FBA" better than "BFA".

IMG_20130719_195539_780_zps95417352.jpg

hob nobber... kinda like a dirty flower. not a fan :( them, dechutes and someone else has that same flavor, wtf...

Having a Back East Brewing Amber. Very refreshing after a two day drive from FL. Drinking it while waiting for a couple selections from my haul to chill down. Speaking of my haul...

ForumRunner_20130719_225929.jpg

Got me some Sierra Nevada Bigfoot barley wine ale. Planning a barleywine for my next home brew so its in the name of "research"

Leubega said:
Trying one of these while I pray for the giants to quit circling the drain. A little thin on the mouthfeel for me but the combo of citra/mosaic has me looking for a recipe to put at the front of the pipeline.

The real question is: Did that Mal in the background get a taste?

IMG_20130719_195539_780_zps95417352.jpg

hob nobber... kinda like a dirty flower. not a fan :( them, dechutes and someone else has that same flavor, wtf...

I was not real impressed with Hobnobber either. I understand it's one of those brews that has a rotating hop bill. This is another brewer from my old stompin grounds. They're relatively new, but doing very well! I wouldn't let this one deter you. Chinookie is a solid IPA from them.

dcHokie said:
Glad to hear its decent....I must've had an off bottle of Serge a few weeks ago in Fla, total band-aid bomb drain dumper.

I have read that on some of their reviews, I have not had any band-aid in any of their bottles (I personally bought out 90% of my local liquors Saison Athene). I would expect some variance from batch to batch, this guy basically open ferments in a strip warehouse. Super small brewery. http://youtu.be/bX-c3CwgNo8

image-1756789596.jpg

Saint Somewhere Pays Du Soleil. Great Dubbel, as always with Saint Somewhere, keep your thumb on the cage when you remove it, they will put your eye out

Amber Kölsch from Enki. Second brew from them. Tastes good so far. We have been selling out of them on tap like crazy. (I work in a restaurant across the street) excited to see what beers they will be putting out in the future. All nice people over there and the brewmaster is an interesting guy.

ForumRunner_20130719_223127.png

nukebrewer said:
Having a Back East Brewing Amber. Very refreshing after a two day drive from FL. Drinking it while waiting for a couple selections from my haul to chill down. Speaking of my haul...

Did you get to go to any breweries while you where here?

I have read that on some of their reviews, I have not had any band-aid in any of their bottles (I personally bought out 90% of my local liquors Saison Athene). I would expect some variance from batch to batch, this guy basically open ferments in a strip warehouse. Super small brewery. http://youtu.be/bX-c3CwgNo8

Yeah, I've enjoyed most of the SS stuff, especially Athene. Definitely some variations, but this was the first that was really off. My buddy from FL made it sound like Bob has his brewery in a storage locker, not too far off I guess.

Having one of my Remembering Dad IPA's! I introduced him to real beer and turns out we had similar taste!

Back