What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm on a roll today. And it's only been two hours.

image-2448597680.jpg

FermentNEthinG said:
I keep a nice stash of the Double DBA...Always have one in the fridge ready for action!

Isn't the 2013 supposed to be released this month?

I can't wait till FW is down here in Houston. Should be here within the next couple months according to what I've heard. I'm looking forward to having another Wookey! And all their other beer of course. But especially the Wookey.

LoloMT7 said:
Sculpin was excellent! I'd kill a keg of it in a hurry! Let me know what you think on the Belgian (I cant remember what one I sent ya?)

Coffee for me so far today but I think I've got swmbo convinced that we need to make the 30 mile drive south to bitterroot brewing for lunch. :D

Good to hear. I think my beer came out really well. It goes down like nectar. Liquid crack, as I call it.

This is what you sent me.

image-3532262048.jpg

Been in the pub watching Murray smash Wimbledon on this gorgeous Sunday afternoon. It's been nearly 30 c today (what, mid-80s F?), probably the hottest day of the year we'll get...

Having a Timmerman's strawberry lambicus. Not my normal bag and no idea if it's well reviewed or not, but it tastes nice enough.

ForumRunner_20130707_185218.png

One more cup of coffee before beer meat us on ;-)

View attachment 133684

I smoked two butts a few weeks ago. What kind of wood are you using?

Smoking four baby backs and ABTs this coming Sunday. Also smoking cheese tomorrow evening so I can make fried smoked mac-and-cheese balls.

I can't wait till FW is down here in Houston. Should be here within the next couple months according to what I've heard. I'm looking forward to having another Wookey! And all their other beer of course. But especially the Wookey.

Let's see if I can wedge a Wookey in that box before monday mang! :D

Just drank the hydrometer sample from my 2nd batch of PM Berlin Wheat. the later haulertauer addition & higher heat give it a little bite. I can tell it's mostly the hops though. I think maybe cutting the flavor hop addition from 30 minutes down to 20 might've cut the natural sweet wheat taste a bit. Live & learn...never too old for that.:mug:

I bottled two weeks ago. I am fighting the urge to crack one open, and I am about to lose.

Having a small pour of my DIPA. It's good, but I need to finish it soon (starting to show its age). I may have an Imperial stout later...

Parabola has come and gone around here, Hopefully I can get someone to grab a few if they are still on the shelves around them. I have to try it out.

:mug:

Not likely. It usually sells out in half a day here. It hit the shelves at Whole Foods last month @ 3:30 pm, and they were sold out by 5:30 pm. Even in California it flies off the shelves.

Double Jack is one of the best year-round, easy to get DIPAs out there. You'll be happy once it's on the shelf at your local beer store.

Don't worry bro. The Whatafries aren't that good anyway. ;)

Suuuure! I'm sure they are terrible! :D Carb check on my Belgian Wit. I gotta say I'm patting myself on the back with this beer. I think its awesome. A little funk ( maybe a bit thin in mouth feel) but the extra orange peel I used and the other spices come through really well.

ForumRunner_20130707_164041.jpg

FermentNEthinG said:
It was a good thing that I went to the bottle shop for a Wookey run..owner gave me this 2007 Avery the beast for free out of his "personal cooler" in the back. Should be interesting at 16.2 % abv.

That's pretty sweet. I have a Mephistopheles and Samael that are both a few years old. I've been saving them and trying to decide when to drink them. I ended up with them for free along with some other beer that my sister's in-laws got for free. Also got an Alaskan Smoked Porter out of the lot. Needless to say, I was very happy. :D

"Groovy Sunday" at South Austin Brewing Co. Starting with their saison. It's ok. Peppery, but slightly sweet. Good deal tho, $10 for the glass and 4 pours. Live band too and you can trade the glass for a shirt if you want. Just wish the beer was better and they had more options.

image-3796830909.jpg

Back