What are you doing instead of brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was bad storms like that that got me upgrades on my roof & garage door! Homeowner's insurance got hit hard for them, but they like upgrades. Savers them money in the long run. DE-labeling collection bottles goes on. Got quite a stack of dried labels already. :rockin:

Wonderful summer weekend around here - yesterday, my Dad and I went to this multi-diamond ballpark to watch my brother's son play in a baseball tournament (9-10 year olds) then SWMBO and I met some old friends for Indian food. This morning SWMBO and I went to the local farmer's market and got some good stuff (first week for sweet corn in WI!) Now, after running errands, including the LHBS, it's too damn hot to do much of anything else so we're lounging in the A/C watching the Brewers and the Reds.

Manned a chainsaw for 2 hours helping the neighbor. She couldn't get out of the house until we cut the branches that fell on her deck. Between her lot and mine we hauled 4 pickup loads of brush to the city burn site.

I found a blue smudge on the NW corner of my house that dented the siding a bit. And about 400 yards out in the farm field across the street was a lid to a 62 gallon garbage can(the kind the truck can clamp and pick up). A few small pieces of broken blue plastic in the yard so I think a garbage can hit the house at 80mph... when it bounced off the ham radio tower that is what shook the west end of the house. Was a long night and long afternoon, and I am brewing today because I need some lawnmower beer in the pipeline! IPA's just don't hit that I am thirsty spot like a lower hopped malty beer.

The storms we get around her shattered my lawn table against the old garage door, breaking it off the track in one corner & generally messing up how it mounted & bent it. Strong winds can really do some projectile damage! Got some siding replaced as a result as well, on the west side of the house facing toward I90.

Found another 12-pack of collection bottles to de-label. That also means more caps to flatten out. I have a couple big bags of caps to go through before I can order a cap remover that doesn't dent them.

Going to be too hot to brew, but since the Flat Tire Crone will be two weeks in the fermenter this weekend, we'll probably brew after the weekend. Also, I'm heading to SD to see my mum and sis anyway.

Next to brew, an English Nut Brown ale, then after will probably get a bunch of Cascde to do another SNPA clone.

Sewing another Irish dress ahead of this upcoming season and building a new dance floor instead io brewing.... busy busy summer

Diagnose older daughter's car problems.
Sand and fill and paint younger daughter's car (recent terrible body work...)
Rack a few things here and there.
watch some tv with family
Play some Borderlands 2
Play some Pokemon.

At least some of that will be done.

Taking part in the farce that is drunken teacher's sports day and tomorrow bottling coffee RIS

Sweet corn in the freezer, 12 meals worth, need to do 4 dozen more ears! Strawberries prepped and in sugar to make into syrup for ice cream and waffles instead of jam. I might sneak in brewing yet tomorrow!

Cycling 20 miles with my SWMBO....

Great date day!

Cheers
Jay

MichelleDate.jpg

Little NasCrash, weeded garden for 2 hours, pounded in 6 more totmato stakes and then tied up tomatoes to the new and existing so they grow vertical instead of sprawling all over the garden. Drank beer, then after supper I made and canned 16 half pints of strawberry sauce...

Putting together a large wooden playset we go for our kids. So I will probably empty my beer fridge doing this project. I wonder how many till I start putting pieces in wrong spots

We know the feeling. Our only daughter lives in Hollywood, while we're up by Lake Erie. :( We're already makin' like, " why don't the kids call?" :confused:

Back