What are you doing instead of brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Memorial Day weekend is the traditional 1st gardening weekend in Northern Maine (except for peas and other cold weather stuff). So that's what I've been doing. Yesterday beans, lettuce, spinach, swiss chard. Today field beans and corn. Tomorrow pole beans. And I'm starting to harden off the tomato plants started last month.
I will be bottling the ginger beer at some point this weekend, and have been sampling some of the recently bottled 'Moon' series. So, not totally a waste...... :mug:

My wife and I had homebrew and steamed crabs with my 84 year old mother to celebrate Memorial Day.
Hope everyone has a safe and great holiday.

Crabs 0724.jpg

Actually I planned a brewday for NEXT weekend! Going with my first lager. Im using wlp810 and my bro is using Saflager lager yeast, s-189.

Been visiting my folks in MD the past week. Today we went to the Orioles game and watched them get their arses kicked by the Dead Sox. Gonna eat some que and watch the Warriors kick more arse shortly.

Had lunch, Jim N Nick's, with my parents and then went to the Doc in a Box for a sinus infection. I milled my grains yesterday and was going to brew this morning, but woke up @ 3AM coughing up chunks of yellow lung. Hence, Doc in a Box visit this afternoon. Guess I'll brew on Friday if possible. Grains are in the fridge.

Opening up my home and Keezer to a bunch of friends in celebration of my new job and as an excuse to clear out some beer to make room to brew more

Im brewing this weekend... But Ive spent the last 20 min taking apart and rebuilding a BCG for time. With the Cubs in the background, that is how I am spending my Fri night

Our youngest son is graduating high school/LCJVS today. Commencement will be at the old Palace Theater in Lorain at 2PM. Gonna get more pics with the Canon Powerhog...beautiful victorian theater, restored in 1977.

Taking my daughter to her dance class. Working in the garden for a couple hours. Giving to visit my dad for a bit this afternoon. Then probably a pint or two of homebrew tonight.

Hoping that I do not flood and then finish working on my fermentor that will hold 5 primaries for fermenting. If all works out well, will be brewing next week. Just need to see what the Brazos River will do in the mean time. Waiting for it to crest which will not happen until tomorrow.

Eight of us stayed at a B&B winery for my wife's birthday in the Willamette valley. First for all of us. It was good times.

Apparently, fabbing up a really sad replacement subframe mount for my renters van. I so suck at welding but with enough patience, enough wire and enough grinding wheels I go it done. His alignment will be way out but it gets him back on the road.

So much for brewing than brown...

Flying to Chicago Sunday. A few days there then off to Washington, Il. to spend more time with our best friends....

Wife popped out our second kid on Monday so I'm off for 2 weeks while she recovers. She said no big deal I can brew whenever I want over the next couple weeks, but all of my kegs are full already! I need to work on emptying them first.

In the mean time i'm working on whirlpool optimization (turns out i f'd up my original design), pressurized closed loop fermentation/racking and dissolved oxygen reduction. Can't wait to brew my pilsner again when I can open up a couple more kegs.

I've got family in town from Maine, so hanging out with them, and celebrating the 4th...but next week my company is on shutdown, forced week off and the wife will be working, planning to do at least 2 brews during the week.

Kitchen remodeling, unpacking, replacing the tub faucet and re sweating some copper plumbing, installing light fixtures, maybe the county fair maybe, installing baseboards, throwing out things I don't think we need while SWMBO isn't looking, installing my kegerator under the counter and attaching the draft tower, and a lot of other things over the next 4 days I have off. Oh, and polishing off my saison since I need room for whats in my fermenter

Finishing the garage re-org after I put an additional 8' wide hole in it two weeks ago...

So I can work on a new to me 1997 LeSabre a friend is donating to a slightly down on his luck vet. He gave me the car and $300 for parts. My mission is to make it reliable for 1200 mile trip end of next week and for the next two years of running around the San Antonio area (guy got a job with USAA).

This is without a doubt, the most solid 1990's GM car I have seen in the region. No rocker rust. Most of the exhaust system in still in place. Only found one brake line that looks rotten. The interior is a almost perfect and the real shock...89K miles. It must have been his grandfathers car.

Probably do the intake manifold and lower manifold gasket plus the plastic coolant fittings. Might as well do all rubber hoses while I am in there. Because it is the 3800 series II, nothing to do on the motor but the tranny will get a flush. The rest is checking brakes, bearings, bushings and the like.

Going to my sister's house for a small family cook-out. Smoking some pork butt and drinking some of my home brew.

Well Not brewing or bottling on Monday... smoking an 8 pound pork butt, making some tuna noodle salad, picking lettuce for fresh salads... simple and lighter meal. Tomorrow is brew Chinook Ale(NB kit from the sale when they were $19), Sunday I need to bottle Dead Ringer Ale(another of the on sale kits) that has been dry hopping for a week.

I need to order the stuff to make mulberry wine, neighbor has a tree and I have enough berries to maybe do 5 gallons... might do it as a sparkling wine with a little carbonation...

Back