What are you doing instead of brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Helping stain the deck this weekend. However I do have a batch of homebrew carbing that should be checked on at some point today 🍺

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Really gotta check my saison today & see if it's done. Like to get it bottled soon.
Gotta finish editing my book as well.

Physio and home exercises for three herniated discs.
Fucc I have been unable to brew for two months.
And brewing is not the only thing I have not done for two months.

It's chilly & raining outside atm. Checked my saison & it seems to be done at FG .996. Hope it settles out more with the 3711 yeast. Not much else to do today...

Was busy nearly finishing the rewrite on my first book. Started video for custom bracket mount for aftermarket rear bumper cover. Just finished part 1 of a little something I got surprised with. Still have to check Fg on the watermelon hefe after two weeks & one day.:mug:

Finally finished the deck and tub. Back to brewing, I almost ran out of beer in kegs.

SAM_1530.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Moving my daughter to MSU. Gonna try to get a brew in this week after work, or MAYBE Sunday. I'd like to get one more in before remodeling my mom's bathrooms. I anticipate that will take 1-2 weeks if we can get right on it.

Some idiot split a single large bathroom into two separate bathrooms. And he did it by putting up a wall which runs straight into a friggin WINDOW! Yes, the end of the wall terminates at a window! He added a board on each side of the wall, inside the window frame area, to block people from sneaking peeks to the other side.

Running in the Hood 2 Coast. Got my self the second toughest set of legs. Should be a fun challenge.

Oh - and to celebrate, I'm gonna drink me some well earned beer. . .

Going to a wedding for my wife's cousin.

Also, I've lost my fermentation area (basement shower) since my wife's friend has moved in with us. She and her wife had just moved several states away a few weeks ago, and then her wife told her they were done. So now she's staying with us until she get can back on her feet.

There was a bunch of "her" in that sentence. Was that correct?

Anywho...I'll be bottling a Tripel this weekend. Maybe I'll over watch the wife make some apple cider.

I'll be getting on that custom bracket for the rear bumper cover. Then cutting out some wild plants trying to imitate my taller flowers. Never knew plants could be smartasses too!?

Let's see... I'll be bottling my first not-from-a-kit beer, getting ready to watch the Doctor Who season premier with my fiancee, and hoping that my work phone doesn't interrupt my weekend too often :)

Going to the micro beer and music fest in traverse city Michigan. Party time up north

Let's see... I'll be bottling my first not-from-a-kit beer, getting ready to watch the Doctor Who season premier with my fiancee, and hoping that my work phone doesn't interrupt my weekend too often :)

Yaknow, I learned that if you 'accidentally' leave it on vibrate mode and/or in another room it is uncanny how much less they need you and how much more relaxing your weekend can be.

Cooking up a big going away party for my son. Plenty of home brew and food.

Alas I'll be leaving my lovely burbling experiments and heading upstate to Mom's for the weekend. She's having a big bash and the extended family will be descending upon the Albany area for it. Should be almost as fun as it will be insufferable :p

1st wedding anniversary for me - so no brewing. I did rack 3 meads and do a final step-up of the conan yeast i salvaged from a heady topper. "I can get that flask out of the fridge honey ... but i'll need to do a little brewing prep to get there ..."

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Finishing up new countertops in a local farmhouse this morning and my second son's second birthday party tonight

Killing time,watching German TV in a Thai hosputal room whilst waiting for an MRI,that's livin baby!

Picked some grapes and bought honey for a pyment. Scouted out some old apple trees for hard cider later in the fall. Went to beer club meeting.
Daydreamed about quitting my job and opening a cidery/sour beer brewery and drinking up all the profits.

Scotland vs Germany. My beloved terrible home team vs the world champions. Heading into Glasgow for a few pints and soak up the atmosphere.

Gotta wait for the fridge guy to come tomorrow to put a new compressor in the fridge before I can chill top off water for my PM Dampfbier version 2. Also found these boxes that Midwest has been shipping my PM recipe ingredients in also hold 26-12oz bottles! So I'm going to phase out all but a few Leinenkugel's & case boxes for these with this quickie label I did this morning to brand the boxes as being from my brewery!

Had some friends over to drink my Dead Guy clone while watching the Fins stick it to the Pats 🏈

Back