What are you doing for National Homebrew day??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomerJ

Reaction score
In a van down by the river, Nova Scotia, Canada
I am planning on having the all grain rig done before then. My brewing buddies and I are working on it now hoping to have it all up and running and tested before May 2. We plan on having lots of friends over to try some of our beer and watch as we make an all grain batch. Who knows maybe we will convert a few more people away from the fuzzy yellow stuff.

On May 2 my home brew club (Prime Time Brewers) will be doing a 55 gallon barley wine batch. I'll be brewing a 40 gallon batch with the help of club members and a few others will makeup the last 15 gallons.

We are brewing this then aging it in a 55 gallon oak barrel.

Something grand and different (darker/stronger) would be in order for that day for me. I thought of attempting something like a Dogfish clone 90 or a 120 just to shoot for the stars, but I'm still way too new to even know how to judge the flavor....

I'll probably have to work from noon to midnight. no brewing for me.

But I will make up for it the 4th, and brew parti-gyle

B

Brew a cervesa kit I have on hand. Have a few friends over to drink the wheat beer that should be ready by then and eat real TEXAS bar b que.

Yay for me... I'll be working 6am to 6pm.....

<sarcasm> yay... no brewing for me! </sarcasm>

I'll probably be recovering from a hangover. My birthday is on the 1st. :drunk:

I may have to get the homebrew club together for a brew session that day.

I'll probably brew something I guess. Didn't know about it.

Our brew club, MAGMA (Mahoning Area Grain Mashers Association) is meeting at a local pub for a public brew day. Our last one was "Teach a friend to brew day" and was a great success. This event should be just as grand.
I will be brewing my Buckwheat Blond Ale.

I had no idea it was Homebrew day! I think I'd better get my sht together and do something! I can't decide what to brew for my next batch, so I don't see how I'm going to decide what to brew two months from now though.

This is the first I've heard of it. I'll bring it up at the next club meeting. I'll see if I can leave work a little early to brew a batch. May have to be an extract if I want to get it done before sun down. I haven't done one in a while so it might be nice to compare quality to time invested with the all grains that I have on tap.

I think I might convert an extract recipe I used to make to all-grain. It was an imperial amber, amazingly tasty and deceptively strong!

I have a huge exam on May 3rd so yeah, I'm studying on May 2nd. It ain't all that cool but at least it's the last exam. (Or should be unless the teachers keep on doing strike days).

This is the first I've heard of this! I was actually going to brew my 'Of the Month' the next week, but I'll move it up for this!

Caramel-Apple Ale. Mmmmm Hmmmm.

Might brew a couple batches with friends. Hopefully having our first real homebrew party that night. My buddy and I should have maybe 10 batches or so ready to drink that weekend.

I infer from posts in this thread that "National Homebrew Day" is May 2nd.....H'm, isn't that also National Gallbladder Week? On March 12th, I haven't come close to deciding all the batches I'm brewing between now & then......I can't worry yet about May 2nd. A good guess would be some fast maturing hefeweizen for Summer consumption.

Back