What Am I Missing? Tower Prices

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Logan

Reaction score
Why are towers so expensive? Are they not just a metal tube with some faucets attatched to them? Why not just make your own and save money?

After seeing that I looked around some and I suppose most of the connections and faucets in a tower add up - just didn't seem like all that much was involved. That stuff is expensive..

Yes, very expensive. That is why I still bottle. Although I do need to upgrade to draft - bottling day is a pain in the a**.

Although there is something nice about reaching into the fridge and pulling out a couple of HB and setting out to rise to drinking temp...

I made my own tower out of pvc pipe. It looks good and, more importantly, works great, plus it was cheap.

Yah i said the same thing. Then I got over it hahaha. There are a bunch of plans to build them from PVC and or plastic fence components but they dont look as good as that $100 chrome piece haha.

Latest posts

Back