What a Brew Day....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barnstormer

Reaction score
So I took the afternoon off work to come home and make some beer. Things were going fantastic. I hit an all time high efficiency too, 84% pre-boil!

The boil and hop additions went perfectly and then it was time to chill the beer.

I put in my homemade immersion chiller and turned on the cold water. After just a short while i noticed the kettle looked a little more full than when I brought it in, it must have been because of the displacement from the chiller right? Wrong. The copper split and dumped about 2 gallons of water into my beer and it looks like I lost a little of the wort in the discharge water too.

I guess I am going to boil it back down and hope for the best. It is a kolsh and since I hit higher that expected numbers, it might actually work out and still be in style. The hop additions might be off though. I had them at 60min, 30min, and 20 min. I think I will just add a few pellets at flame out and see what happens.

Anyway, thanks for listening to my rant.

Cheers!

Back