What’s up with my beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turfgrass

Reaction score
I pitched a 2.5gal batch with us-05 back on 3/24/18. Six days after pitching there wasn’t any noticble activity. Glass carboy with heat wrap and inkbird temp controller set to 66 degrees. From there I pressure transferred into a corney, bc I thought my airlock was acting different and I was about to leave on vacation. I attached a spunding valve and left the psi at either 12 or 15 psi at 63 degrees. A week later I put the keg in the basement at 59 degrees and accidentally fiddled with the spunding. Some co2 came out and stopped around 11 psi. Over the last two weeks the spunding valve psi gauge has shone an increase in psi. Today I looked and the gauge reads 13.5 psi. It’s been a month already and it seems like fermentation as regained strength. What should I do? I was going to cold crash today and serve by Sunday.

Latest posts

Back