We've been doing it all wrong!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5 liters per month - or for me 10 beers in a month at about $4 each. NO THANKS!!!!! Much less expensive to go to the liquor store...... And get REAL beer!!!

Luckily I've seen programs like this and know how glorious they are... I learned in college through a "Hungry Man" cooking program how to become a world renowned chef. All of my friends and loved ones were jealous of my cooking. Especially when I started being able to prepare XXL meals.

I'm not gonna lie.. they've peeked my interest almost enough to give it a try. I can't see any possible way that this would turn out well though. If only it were a little cheaper to be the greatest craft beer brewer in all the world.

I'm strangely intrigued by this... I want to know the answer to the question: "what could possibly go wrong with this"?

If it weren't so friggin expensive I'd buy one just to check it out and make fun of it in a YouTube video...

For the same price I can brew 5-10 GALLONS of beer. Of course it's ass beer, not the nectar of the Gods, but still. Quantity over quality amiright?

I'm in the same boat. I mean I brew good beer now, but I have all this expensive STUFF.. and it takes hours out of my day. All the cleaning, and harvesting, and grinding, measurements.. it's exhausting. I'm ready to put all of my equipment on craigslist for the cost of a years subscription and get out of this rat race.. Finally I might be able to brew some GREAT beer.

If it weren't so friggin expensive I'd buy one just to check it out and make fun of it in a YouTube video...

For the same price I can brew 5-10 GALLONS of beer. Of course it's ass beer, not the nectar of the Gods, but still. Quantity over quality amiright?

Yes.

This from their site:

WARNING: Side effects of brewing with CraftBrew.me may include extreme jealousy from your friends.

Man-o man, it's really tempting just to make y'all jealous of me. :goat:

wow I didn't even realize this was for only 5 liters of beer. that is incredibly outrageous. i'm in norway (where everything is pretty much double the price of the US) and brewing 25 liters for around $40!

I'm in the same boat. I mean I brew good beer now, but I have all this expensive STUFF.. and it takes hours out of my day. All the cleaning, and harvesting, and grinding, measurements.. it's exhausting. I'm ready to put all of my equipment on craigslist for the cost of a years subscription and get out of this rat race.. Finally I might be able to brew some GREAT beer.

You can save a lot of time by cutting out all the measuring. How much fits is how much you put.

You can save a lot of time by cutting out all the measuring. How much fits is how much you put.

there's still all the stuff and cleaning and more than 10 minutes (which is actually 7 days, but why should you be honest in advertising?)

there's still all the stuff and cleaning and more than 10 minutes (which is actually 7 days, but why should you be honest in advertising?)

because everyone knows, you just make the wort, the yeast make the beer. so they're being completely honest.

but i think we seriously need to figure out what yeast they're using that will have a beer ready in 7 days at fridge temps. talk about revolutionizing the industry!

This really isn't for us HBTers.
You have to be smart enough to figure out how to boil water, and you have to wear underwear.

:tank:

If you can boil water, you can make freakin' delicious beer in less than 10 minutes -- ready-to-drink in just 7 days. Brewing beer in your underwear has never been easier.

This really isn't for us HBTers.
You have to be smart enough to figure out how to boil water, and you have to wear underwear.

:tank:

If you can boil water, you can make freakin' delicious beer in less than 10 minutes -- ready-to-drink in just 7 days. Brewing beer in your underwear has never been easier.

wait... if you boil your underwear for 10 minutes, then you have ready to drink beer?!? I have underwear!

Latest posts

Back