Westvleteren 12 FT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaSwede

Reaction score
I have one bottle of Westvleteren 12 left, but I'm not really looking for anything in particular, so I propose we make it interesting. Best offer by the end of next week (04/12) wins.

I'm really just looking for interesting beers that aren't available around NC. Some of my favorite styles: IIPAs, Stouts, Saisons, Belgians, Sours, and weird beers. :)

Some other beers I have around that I can throw in:
- Stone Vertical Epic 11.11.11, one bottle
- Stone Vertical Epic 12.12.12, one bottle
- Bell's Hopslam, one bottle

Cheers!

Damn, I had a limited edition can of Super Bowl XLVII Bud Light but used it for a beer butt chicken last weekend. I knew I should of saved it.

I think I got this one in the bag...
I'll offer a bud bowtie can from last year (super rare)..
Let me know where to ship it to.

Tell me you actually have a zima.

If you like cigars, I can throw in a blueberry swisher sweet. It's been on my desk for about 2 years.

Jackie O's, Head Hunter, Hop Juju, White Rajah? Anything in Ohio really.

Westy has always been a little skank to me. I always have gotten sooo close to trying it and then at the last second, NOPE.

Sent from Cheese Doodle Land.

Creating an auction is *****ey, hence the sarcasm. Even though op isn't looking for anything particular. I'm sure shelf beers he doesn't have access to, are what he's after.

Some Rocky Mountain offerings...

Samaels Oak Aged - Avery - 2014 Limited Release
Volunt Plus Erat (barrel aged sour w/ grape must) - Avery - 2013 Limited Release
Chimayo Sour Ale - Three Barrel Brewing
100% Brett Aged Pale - My own homebrew, aging for 7 months now, super yum.

I wish I had more to offer!

Want to have 1? Lol.

Just asking if it is the packaging for the US distro last year or if it is in Abbey packaging.
My gf says I can't trade them :mad:

We already had it at a bottle share I didn't like it - it's not my style.

Ah I see. Mine are just 2 single bottles I won at a raffle a month or so ago so I assume they were from the Abbey and not from the US distro early last year.

My gf says I can't trade them :mad:

We already had it at a bottle share I didn't like it - it's not my style.

Ah I see. Mine are just 2 single bottles I won at a raffle a month or so ago so I assume they were from the Abbey and not from the US distro early last year.

You can just tell her you drank one...

Is the bottle printed? Nothing different about the beer inside, just the packaging. The bottles from the Abbey are blank, all the info in on the cap.

Creating an auction is *****ey, hence the sarcasm. Even though op isn't looking for anything particular. I'm sure shelf beers he doesn't have access to, are what he's after.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion, it's not up to me to judge or call anyone names. I'm merely trying to mix it up a bit.

@thatjonguy, it's from the US release. I picked up a 6 pack, gave half to my dad, drank one, shared one and this is the last one left.

Here's how I see it currently:
1 @weirdguy with the Black Tuesday
2 @thatjonguy with the Boulevard Saison Brett
3 @medicmang with the White Rajah
4 @bearfoot with the Volunt Plus Erat

I'll update again in a few days.

Just so you know, the bottle printing or lack thereof makes no difference to me. I was just curious.

@thatjonguy and anyone else interested, here's the front and back. The printed best before date isn't very clear, but it says "0.0.2015".

front.jpg

back.jpg

Trying to mix it up? I love the internet and being able to read your posts about trying to trade westy before, for things like Pliny and heady. Then claiming that it's rare and hard to get. Which you claim is reason to ask more for it. What ever happened to $4$ especially for beer that isn't hard to get? SMH

I do not have anything nice to say, so I will just update and send PMs on Friday afternoon.

I guess civility on the Internet is completely dead.

I'm not trying to hi-jack this thread, so sorry to the OP in advance. I've got one bottle of Strawberry Hill left from Boone's Farm, it is currently their flavor of the month so you know it is legit. Best offer by the end of the month gets it.

But seriously OP, you didn't need to make it a Public Auction. All you needed to do was post what you have available and also mention what you'd like to get in return. Then you could've done your own "Auction" based on the PM's you received.

I'll still take the westy. My offer still stands.

Sent from Cheese Doodle Land.

Back