Well poopy - MS Sucks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fourfarthing

I make beer, what's your superpower?
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I normally wouldn't do this sort of thing on a forum, but I am totally going to do it anyways, and you all get to find out my real name (should you care to) if you click through... (MODS, if this is against the rules, please just delete the thread)

A decade ago my sister was diagnosed with MS. Over the past year, there have been great achievements in the medical community to help those who suffer from MS, and there are more to come. Please consider donating to Walk MS on my behalf as I attempt to beat my fundraise from last year and top $5,000. Ending multiple sclerosis for good will take all of us. It’s why Walk MS matters so much. And it’s why I’ve registered.. I hope you will support my fundraising efforts with a tax-deductible donation.

I am currently 90% of the way to $5,000 and almost halfway to $10,000! With the walk this weekend, I figured I would hit up some awesome folk, as seriously, I am pretty willing to do about anything to raise funds for this cause. As you will see below, I am committed to running to the extent that I raise funds, and to that end wanted to point out that should I break 5k, I will be running the 5k Run for the Wild at the Bronx Zoo on April 28th (I should probably start training...) and if I break 10k, that race will be the the New Castle 10k in May. Let's see how badly I can injure and/or embarrass mysel|!!

To that end, I commit to the following:
• If I raise $5,000, I will run a 5k,
• If I raise $10,000, I will run a 10k,
• If I raise $13,100, I will run a half marathon, and
• If I somehow raise $26,200, I will run a marathon. An event that has not occurred in my life since 2001. Hello Chicago, see you in October

The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is dedicated to creating a world free of MS, but they can't do it without our help. It’s faster and easier than ever to support this cause. Simply click the link below to visit my page and make a donation.
Your donation will drive groundbreaking research, provide life-changing services and guarantee a supportive community for those who need it most. Together, we will end MS.
Please support me by making a donation today. I greatly appreciate your support and will keep you posted about my progress.

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Walk/NYNWalkEvents?px=14859432&pg=personal&fr_id=29840

The Cap is a freakin great venue. We just saw Elvis Costello there. Agreed on the restaurant scene but 3 year olds have limited that for awhile :)

Wow. I feel for you. I have a six year old daughter and a two year old son.

I bet they’re getting fun, now. That 0-3 range is pretty well the ultimate test. Can’t even imagine doing it with twins.

Count the cats and I in. I have a coworker that lost his father to MS. He and I did the MS bike rides for 8 years straight until life got in the way for both of us. I would like to get back to raising money and riding again. This is a start for both.

Have fun and all the best to you and the kids tomorrow.

Thanks everybody. Today was a success and this community certainly did their part!!

IMG_3815.jpg

Last two years, I was one of the top 200 hundred fundraisers in the NYC area. This year I think I will wind up in the top 50. Its a big deal to me every year.

Props to everyone here that chipped in. You can ask my wife how stoked I was :)

Last edited:
Last two years, I was one of the top 200 hundred fundraisers in the NYC area. This year I think I will wind up in the top 50. Its a big deal to me every year.

Props to everyone here that chipped in. You can ask my wife how stoked I was :)

Great news. Give us a little more heads up next year and watch what we do.

Wow, thanks @fourfarthing

I was just happy to help you raise money and can’t begin to express how unnecessary a gift in return was! It’s been a rough last few days so this package is perfectly timed! I can’t wait to try them!

26318BB4-2999-499C-B232-001C9379A330.jpeg

Dude I didn’t come across this until tonight. I know it’s a little late but you can run for me!!!! Hope your sister is doing better.

I'm in...hoping you get to do a marathon.
God Bless, and cheers.

Dude I didn’t come across this until tonight. I know it’s a little late but you can run for me!!!! Hope your sister is doing better.

Gentleman, it is never too late, and I fully appreciate you. Next year, I will do more, and we will get further.

Back