weldless fittings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrbugawkagawk

Reaction score
i know you can buy weldless fittings thro people assembled but anyone know the parts needed to make one yourself? Or is it hard to find the parts in ss? i want to make a pot into a HLT so i can fly sparge with ease any help out there?

[ame]http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=stainless+steel+fittings&aq=o&aqi=&aql=&oq=[/ame]

Many many places to buy stainless fittings and valves....the advantage of using "bargainfittings" is that he has done the work for you...by the time you source and ship, or drive all over town, he very well may be cheaper and will provide a proven product.

And support as well. Lowes/home depot don't cary the SS, it is difficult to find the stuff yourself, unless you are a very resourceful type, but even shipping alone should save you money buying form one source.

I was considering the same thing. Ended up spending a half hour in the plumbing aisle at HD to get the stuff needed for a cooler MLT setup. I went with brass for the MLT because they didn't have any of the SS stuff. Still couldn't find the SS Washers (someone on the forum helped me with that). Then had to go to Lowes to get the ONE piece they didn't have, so that was another 20 minutes. Still not sure I got all of the right stuff. Definitely not the correct o-rings, but it'll do for now.

When it came time to get my kettle stuff, I went right to Bargain Fittings and got the $26 ss valve with barbed coupler. It arrived in just a few days. SO much easier!

There are a LOT of things you can DIY, but I believe things like this should be better left to the guys who have put in the time sourcing quality pieces and troubleshooting.

This is a good website that shows you a parts list and prices for the weldless fittings.
http://www.antiochsudsuckers.com/tom/DIYweldlessfittings.htm
The prices are a little out of date but this helped me build my own, you can save a little bit of money but it is a hassle.
The only main reason I built a few of them was because I wanted 3/4" valves for my 50 gallon system and you can't find those online.
I also would not worry about the ball valve having to be stainless the brass is fine if you build your own, it touches the wort the least and I have never noticed any off flavors but obviously stainless is preferable.

Back