Weldless brew stand.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got these exact burners for Xmas and I am in the process of building this exact brew rig. The burners came with the plates and the flow orifices installed. You will need 3/8" female flare fitting to connect to these orifices. I ordered short lengths of HIGH PRESSURE propane line... one end has this 3/8" female flare, and the other has 3/8" NPT.

The picture doesn't show the orifice, and I was surprised that they came with the burners.

Hope this helps!

Cheers! :mug:

This is exactly the information I was looking for! Thanks for the reply!

Got the final parts to assemble my MLT at lunch today, along with a new step bit to replace the one lost in my tool box somewhere so I can drill the kegs, and a u-bolt to mount my pump. So close....

Can someone offer some advice on high vs. low pressure burners? I have read through most of the threads related to the topic and the more I read the more confused I seem to get.

If I understand correctly I would want my rig to either have all hp or all lp burners. Lp burners are cheaper to fully automate (which I dont plan on doing now but could be an option at a later date). Hp has less flame control, (either full blast or low), where as lp has a more contralable flame (good for mlt).

What I am confused about is what burner type hp or lp consumes more fuel?
What is an appropriate BTU level to heat 10 gallon batches. I was leaning towards an all lp system based on the 6" burners on agrisupply, but noticed they are 60,000 BTU where some hp burners are upwards of 210k btu. The other option would be to go all hp and use the 10" hp 100k BTU agrisupply burners.

Id like to balance fuel consumption with brew time as best as possible.

Sorry for the long probably confusing post but Im really wanting to move on with my build but can't seem to figure out the best option for burners which is obviously one of the most important decision one makes on a rig build. Any help/input would be GREATLY appreciated

Gremlyn1 said:
Got the final parts to assemble my MLT at lunch today, along with a new step bit to replace the one lost in my tool box somewhere so I can drill the kegs, and a u-bolt to mount my pump. So close....

Can you show a pic of how you are mounting the pump with the u-bolt?

That's where I got mine from. There was a guy on ebay, but it looks like he ran out or something. Shipping for two pumps was real reasonable, I think it was around 11 bucks or so. Not too shabby for New Jersey to Georgia.

I can't seem to find the chugger pumps online anywhere is www.chuggerpumps.com the only place they sell these? They appear to be out of stock.

Try looking up "usapumps" on ebay and contacting them. The last time they ran out I asked if they were going to sell more. They responded by adding 50 more pumps on ebay.

I ordered one and it didn't work, they're sending me a new one and I should be getting it today...hopefully better luck with this one.

Contact info:
Michael Caringi

Tri-State Pump Inc

5044 Industrial Road

Unit C

Farmingdale NJ 07727

732-223-3222 p

732-223-2587 f

Would anyone care to post some updated photos to their build progress? Im feeling overwhelmed with burner selection and plumbing, and would love to look at some pictures. Thanks in advance!

I ended up going with the 210 burners from northern. The plumbing is still in the works. Would also love to see some plumbing pictures.

My plumbing is still a work in progress. I will take pics and post them tomorrow on my day off. I went with the 70k btu ring burners from agrisupply. They came with a 90 degree brass male flare fitting, so I had to pick up a couple fittings from lowes to connect them to 1/2" pipe. I will post part numbers as well.

Got the new pump and it works good. USAPUMPS replaced it no questions asked...which also makes me believe they probably have more to sell.

I just got my order from McMaster too...hopefully have a brew system soon!

Hey Strongbad52,

I saw your pictures and noticed you had silicon tubing. Where did you get your tubing from? I'm assuming it's not reinforced tubing by the looks of it.

Thanks.

First Post!! This is exactly the kind of info I was looking for when I joined this forum. Thanks to all. Will be ordering from Mcmaster soon and start resurrecting my brewing hobby/obsession! :rockin:

BrewerRick - I got it from bargainfittings.com. It was about 10 cents per foot cheaper at morebeer, but I was already ordering a bunch of stainless from them so I threw in 25' of 1/2" silicone.

2011-02-05_16-11-20_639.jpg

I few things a little different than most of the rigs on this thread... I raised it up a few inches to give me room under the burners to store my keggles... this should help condense things for me and take up quite a bit less space when not in use.

Would anyone care to post some updated photos to their build progress? Im feeling overwhelmed with burner selection and plumbing, and would love to look at some pictures. Thanks in advance!

Here are a couple updated pics. I haven't done the gas line yet.

_DSC0013.jpg

_DSC0015_1.jpg

_DSC0016_1.jpg

StandEight said:
Nice setup Ox. What did you paint the stand with?

Cheers,
Brad

High temp engine paint. Not sure how it is going to hold up, because you are supposed to bake it after you spray it on. Not sure about you, but I do not have an oven that big!

Yeah no kidding right. I'm about to build the stand myself (parts are sitting in the garage). Let me know how that stuff holds up around the burners.

Cheers,
Brad

High temp engine paint. Not sure how it is going to hold up, because you are supposed to bake it after you spray it on. Not sure about you, but I do not have an oven that big!

I'd like to know how the paint holds up after a couple of brewing sessions. If it works, I'll be painting as well.

Nice brew system. Mines almost complete. Getting ready to mount the burners I got from agriculture supply....70,000 btu.

I know some people on here will just fire their stand for a while and cure it as best they can... I think somebody also threw a piece of sheet metal over the top of their stand and fired it that way (after the paint had dried of course :cross: )

:mug:

Maybe. They be lowered easily. Just slapped it together. I'll probably do that to be safe. I also have a mash tun made from a plastic cooler. I was thinking of adding a second tier that can be removed easily once I convert to a keg typ mash tun.

Thanks.

Holy crap... this forum is going to cost me some money. I currently have a make-shift 3-tier system using a polarware BK for 5 gal batches and a keggle (only have top cut off) for 10 gal batches. I have been trying to come up with a cheap 3-tier structure that will work with 3 keggles ( have two kegs waiting in the garage). every time i get on this site and look at stuff i start changing my mind on what i want to do. I have a brew hut built in the back yard and space is a bit limited but i think a single tier would fit. but then i need to buy pumps in addition to a structure and finishing my kegs. i am just so undecided now.

The cost of the pumps were too small for me to not go with a single tier system. Granted I am still in the process of my build, but I think I am going to love the single tier vs a three tier.

yeah, it is a pretty small price to pay, and really you only need 1 pump. Just batch sparge. Heck grain is cheap enough (considering) to use a bit more to compensate. I still get in the high 70's low 80's batch sparging

Holy crap... this forum is going to cost me some money. I currently have a make-shift 3-tier system using a polarware BK for 5 gal batches and a keggle (only have top cut off) for 10 gal batches. I have been trying to come up with a cheap 3-tier structure that will work with 3 keggles ( have two kegs waiting in the garage). every time i get on this site and look at stuff i start changing my mind on what i want to do. I have a brew hut built in the back yard and space is a bit limited but i think a single tier would fit. but then i need to buy pumps in addition to a structure and finishing my kegs. i am just so undecided now.

If you decide to go with pumps, check out USA Pumps on Ebay... I got the March pumps for about $105/each, and I believe he was offering free shipping at the time also.

:mug:

i just cut my other two keg tops off, the keg jig thread was a huge plus. I will look into the pump, thanks for the tip. I'm still not sure what type of structure I want to go with, guess I need to figure that out. For years now I have been wanting a 3-tier, now that I'm getting to the point of making one, I'm just not sure what I want anymore.

looks good to me. How much higher did you make your legs in order to put the kegs under there? you think the controls on the back side and low are going to be an issue for adjustments? Damn, I sure like this non-welding structure... I'm so confused...

Back