Water Report Frequency

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BWE

All Grain supports the Brain
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Is there a standard to water profile reports? How often do they take these? I was looking for a Waco, Tx. water report and the latest one I can find is from 2011. Is this normal. I would imagine there would be a later one because in 2013 we had a boil alert. In other words, boil your water before you drink out of the faucet. It got cleared, yet there doesn't seem to be a water profile. Anyone else from Waco?

That is unusual. I assume they have to report it yearly, though I don't know if that's a law. I know they check much more frequently though (at least mine does). I would try to find an email and ask them for a more recent report. My water company has been very responsive when I ask them for analysis reports. I just recently had my water analyzed and it was very similar to the results they gave me 4-5 months ago.

Buffalo NY does one every year. I was told by the lead engineer at the water authority that because our water comes from Lake Erie the mineral values are very stable year to year and to not expect any significant variation.

However, that changes from location to location I imagine.

Latest posts

Back