Water Chemistry

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JVAL21

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a question on the Chemistry of this Brew that im doing this weekend. If you look on the finished Water profile (in green), should it match the desired water profile. This is a Austrailian Sparkling Ale. If so, should i try to match them even if I am already getting a good pH? LEt me know if you have any other question.

Marris Otter 5.5 lbs
Pale 2 row 4.5
White Wheat .5 lb
Crystal 45L .5

Any assistance would be great.

Attachments

• Austrailian Sparkling Ale Water Profile.JPG
    Austrailian Sparkling Ale Water Profile.JPG
    187.3 KB · Views: 23
I guess my problem is that I can add more but im so hung up on everything in the finished waater profile ending up in green. But when i add more chemicals to try and match the desired profile one of the boxes for ex. the sulfate will end up orange at 125. But it is still well under the desired sulfate of 300.

You would like to use a pale ale profile? That's very high in sulfate, which enhances the perception of bitterness and dryness. Are you sure that's what you want?

If you're sure, don't worry about the color of the boxes.

What profile would you recommend? That is the closest that I could find in the Bru'n Water program? When i continued adjusting, I stopped at 169 for sulfate.

Here is an updated profile

Attachments

• Austrailian Sparkling Ale Updated Water Profile.JPG
    Austrailian Sparkling Ale Updated Water Profile.JPG
    205.5 KB · Views: 14
Having tasted Coopers, I’m not sure that the water should be as mineralized as much as the Pale Ale profile. Maybe Yellow Dry or Balanced.

Latest posts

Back