Warning - Don't over tighten Star San lid!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had this problem too. I don't recall how it occured but its been that way for some time. Seems to be a pretty common defect. I have to believe they are aware of it. They should be able to push it back to their supplier. Keep us posted if you hear back from them.

I did hear back from them after a few weeks, as I understand that my message ended up being diverted by a spam filter.

So they are aware of the problem, and they did provide me with good customer service. 'Nuff said.

Not sure if it has been posted already or not but a cover from a 2l soda bottle fit on there perfectly for me.

I had a different problem. My last 32oz bottle caps eventually wouldn't tighten enough to push the liquid into the measuring chamber before they skipped the threads and were half screwed on again. So I now have the most sanitary 1 cup measuring cup in the state.

I had a different problem. My last 32oz bottle caps eventually wouldn't tighten enough to push the liquid into the measuring chamber before they skipped the threads and were half screwed on again. So I now have the most sanitary 1 cup measuring cup in the state.

I have this issue, but on the measuring side. Takes very, very little force to skip the threads.

Latest posts

Back