Star San?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Last time I wanted Star San I went to Amazon and suddenly it couldn't be 'shipped to my location'. I thought I saw a few others elsewhere with the same problem.

I found done on eBay, no problem. Couple dollarsore and extra packaging to insure no leakage as that was the excuse given for Amazon stopping.

If that helps any one.

I just looked, and Amazon won't deliver to my location, either. They probably don't want the liability with their delivery people hauling acids around. Other ground shipping carriers will ship it, however.

Interestingly, Amazon will ship Saniclean, which is the non-foaming version of Starsan.

I still see the 32 oz Star San bottle I bought from Amazon a couple of years ago on my Orders list, so something hella stupid must have happened as AMZ won't ship Star San to me any longer either.

BUT they'll happily ship me another 32 ounce bottle of 85% food grade phosphoric acid from Dudadiesel as the last one I bought through them and in the same bottle material as Star San - which is only 50% PA. Go figure that one...

Cheers!

I ordered a heavy package of some kind of hazmat stuff. Ammunition, powder, or primers. I forget which. The site where I ordered it had all sorts of hazmat fees listed for this product, but the seller I chose didn't charge one.

My point is that it looks like not everyone who ships stuff is punctilious about the law.

Amazon says they'll ship it to me. However it's also about the same price as from Moorebeer. Will they ship to your location?

I don't have a Amazon Prime account. If y'all do, then I wonder if that is their way of avoiding shipping things that involve more cost to them since Prime accounts are supposed to get free shipping.

Might could see if they'll send it to a Whole Foods if there is one near you to easily do pick-up.

I ordered a heavy package of some kind of hazmat stuff. Ammunition, powder, or primers. I forget which. The site where I ordered it had all sorts of hazmat fees listed for this product, but the seller I chose didn't charge one.

My point is that it looks like not everyone who ships stuff is punctilious about the law.
And that boys and girls is your word of the day.

I was going to compare the cost from Morebeer for a 32 oz bottle of Star San delivered vs Amazon.
Started with Morebeer, and it would cost $40.92 with tax and their $8.99 delivery charge.

Then I went to my Amazon account...and rather than repeat my previously delivered 32 oz Star San purchase I started "fresh" and picked it out of the normal listing. AND there's no similar "Not gonna deliver this to you" message like I noted before, so they will deliver it for "free" for $30.86 with tax.

Weird but I'm ok with it...

Cheers!

I looked at several Amazon listings just now, and the non-delivery notice was gone. Then I found one that still stated non-deliverable to my location. It was from a 3rd party vendor, some brew supply.

The no-ship notice might be based on rules set out by vendors. And the other sources that changed in a day might have been more of Amazon's dynamic changes, just like their prices going up and down seemingly for no reason. AI voodoo.

Yeah, rules and regulations vary. Individual circumstances may apply.

Back