Want to do an experimental batch - with and without steeped grains

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-TH-

Reaction score
I'm doing an experiment tomorrow (its a long story so I'll leave it at that for now) and I'm wondering if I can add wort from steeping grains to a batch after I have cooled and split the batch (just prior to pitching). I can take care of the calculations with brewsmith, I'm just wondering if it will work at all. I could boil the wort from steeped grains on the stove while my batch is boiling outside. Anyone know if this will work?

I'm doing an experiment tomorrow (its a long story so I'll leave it at that for now) and I'm wondering if I can add wort from steeping grains to a batch after I have cooled and split the batch (just prior to pitching). I can take care of the calculations with brewsmith, I'm just wondering if it will work at all. I could boil the wort from steeped grains on the stove while my batch is boiling outside. Anyone know if this will work?

As long as you boil the wort after steeping (grains are full of bacteria, so the resulting wort has to be boiled), and then cool it, you could do that.

I think you would almost have to make two separate but identical batches. The steeping grains, for me at least, are the first step in the process.

Latest posts

Back