Want to Bottle - Still Fermenting @ 4 wks??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mashuganabrew

Brewing... could anything be better?
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I want to bottle my Rye Ale today, but I'm not sure if I can. I used Wyeast Farmhouse Ale 3726 and Fermented for 10 Days @ 90 Deg (I know this seems high), 20 Days at 70 and 2 Days at 65. I moved it upstairs last night and it was shaken a good bit so I let it sit all night. When I took the cover off this morning there is a steady stream of bubbles coming from the yeast cake all around the bottle. Can I assume that this thing is finished but there are just gases escaping from the stirred yeast cake? Don't want exploding bottles.

Sorry, meant to put that on there...
OG - 1.058
FG - 1.011
It's held the FG for weeks, but honestly this is one gassy brew, the bubbles have never stopped. It's also my first time using this yeast strain.

I read the post below mine, "Fermentation Restarted" by BWN and I think I got my answer... CO2 escaping... which is what I thought. I just want to be sure. I really like this beer!

I don't see your FG going much lower than that? I think you are GTG.

Latest posts

Back