Waiting is Torture

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PijanyPole

Reaction score
I'm in brewing limbo hell, I have 5 gallons of hef fermenting, and 5 of ed's apfel. I have dreams of riping off the lid and sticking my head in, man i forgot what a PIA it is to wait for this stuff. I guess ill add the LQ and a few bottles of Ayinger to my "to do list" for tomorrow.

i know the feeling!, its the worst in many aspects of my life, im waiting to brew on Saturday.. im getting ants in my pants... then i have one force carbing wont be ready till Saturday...

on a side note, iv meet this new girl and waiting for her to respond to me.. haha

feels like waiting is the hardest part of life

Yup. The waiting gets really hard when your out of $$ until tomorrow and the only beer in the house is michelob ultra, and the stuff you have bottled isn't carbonated yet.....

I hear you. I have two 5 gallon batches fermenting and nowhere to put the brew I wanted to have brewed last Friday. Only about 7 more days til I can move the honey ale out.

Definitely agree with DoctorDuvel. Sometimes you just have go on a brewing spree where you brew so much in a few days you force yourself to buy more fermenters.

It's a good idea to buy some craft beer with reusable bottles while you are waiting. I have 3 batches bottled and 1 in the primary. That takes about 216 bottles. I am proud to say I didn't buy any empty bottles. Here is my line up. I do mini mashes from AHS.

1 Honey Blonde ( ready for consumption ) Drank a couple today! Awesome head
2 Pecan Porter (bottled but still conditioning) tried one, good but still not ready :(
3 Tommy Knockers maple nut brown ale clone (bottled but still conditioning)
4 Texas Red amber ale (in the primary for 2 weeks)
5 Chocolate Bock ( Brewing this weekend ) This one is gonna really take some patience. I didn't realize that it came with a german lager yeast.
My pipeline is about to really start flowing!!!

@Yooper nailed it...

15 gallons in the carboys... one will be ready to be bottled tomorrow (and I get to add my hops to my CDA/BIPA.

My porter is bottled and ready, and has been for a month.. but I'm down to eight 22oz bottles of it... just stuck them in the fridge, since 6 of them are going to camp with me this weekend.

Also waiting on my nut brown... it's been bottled for 2 weeks... we tried one last week, but it wasn't even lose to ready... But.. I grabbed a case of 22oz and tossed those in the fridge, along with a 12oz sampling bottle... gonna try the 12oz tonight... hopefully it'll be ready.. if not, I have to put the case back on the ferment/condition shelf and hope my yeasts wake up. :)

Of course I could be doing something useful right now like mowing the lawn or washing bottles... I have a 30 gallon trash can full of empties.

:mug: :tank:

Last edited by a moderator:
2 lagers just starting D-rest and all I have on tap is a cream ale I made for SWMBO. I am beginning to rethink committing my freezer to the lengthy lagering process was I bad idea.

This going to take FOREVER!!

Maybe I should get another freezer :)

Latest posts

Back