vittle vault 35 pounder, anyone use it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HausBrauerei_Harvey

Reaction score
Anyone using the rectangular vittle vault 35# container to store grain? Can you fit most of a sack of grain in there?

The other option is the stackable 40# vault, but those are also really huge, almost

space is a concern for me, and I just bought a 50# vittle vault but it showed up and I was like, holy crap it's big, i'm going to return it. I dont have the room for something that's way bigger than it needs to be to fit 40-45# of grain after I open a sack and used some in a brew and need to store the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never tried them, but maybe they state the volume and you could estimate how much grain will go in. The $40-$50 price tag is a turnoff to me and they look unwieldy.

I just use 5-gal food-grade buckets with Gamma lids. A new bucket + lid is under $10 from the home center stores around here. I can get a 55 lb. sack of malt to just fit into two buckets. Since you're tight on space, those buckets stack neatly. You could also consider getting some 6.5 gallon fermenter buckets and add Gamma lids. By my math, you should be able to get about 35 lbs into each.

I just use 5-gal food-grade buckets with Gamma lids. A new bucket + lid is under $10 from the home center stores around here. I can get a 55 lb. sack of malt to just fit into two buckets. Since you're tight on space, those buckets stack neatly. You could also consider getting some 6.5 gallon fermenter buckets and add Gamma lids. By my math, you should be able to get about 35 lbs into each.

That is a great idea! Those gamma lids will work on any bucket? in fact I already have a ton of 5-gallon pails around so this sounds like the route I should take, and buckets are inherently stack-able.

I have exactly that vittle vault (35#) and they work great. I take enough grains out for my upcoming brew, and pour the rest in there. It keeps for a long time, and keeps all the creepy crawlies out.

Back