Video Games

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just re-subbed to WoW. Totally worth it.

I've never been able to get into WoW... I really tried too since I had some friends play it and I was a big WC3 fan and a big MMORPG fan in general. Imo it was a huge disappointment. I played it for a bit when it first released and few times since then, each time I felt more like I was working a desk job rather than playing a game lol

I have a gift Beta key for Overwatch, which is playable on May 3.

Since one of my friends is giving his friendkey to another of my friends, I suppose you guys can fight over this one.

Now....FIGHT!

Or beer me. Whichever.

Since one of my friends is giving his friendkey to another of my friends, I suppose you guys can fight over this one.

Now....FIGHT!

Or beer me. Whichever.

For what system? PC, I'm in!

Now....FIGHT!

Or beer me. Whichever.

If you still have it, I'll take it!

so is mario
It's a very good game, but I think Donkey Kong is the best video game ever

dankeyKankClue.jpg

Played some Overwatch. Great game. Similar to TF2. They seem to have issues with crashing right now. Only thing I don't like is the character balancing but I think with testing they will correct it. What I mean by that is if a player has a weapon that hits hard, there is usually a drawback. And if another player as a weapon that doesn't hit hard there is another advantage of using that gun. Some guns don't seem to have a disadvantage right now.

Anyone see that they are remastering COD:MW1 and releasing it with the next COD installment this November? Personally, I'm more excited about that than the new COD game. I'd like to see them do next gen remasters of the entire MW and BLOPS line.

Now we just need next gen versions of Skyrim and Red Dead Redemption. Not sure if that will happen, but a man can dream.....

Anyone see that they are remastering COD:MW1 and releasing it with the next COD installment this November? Personally, I'm more excited about that than the new COD game. I'd like to see them do next gen remasters of the entire MW and BLOPS line.

Now we just need next gen versions of Skyrim and Red Dead Redemption. Not sure if that will happen, but a man can dream.....

IIRC, Red Dead Redemption is backwards compatible on XBox one.

Those older MWs were my favorite. I like shipment a lot. Just run and gun lol. I hope they do this for all of them.

Honestly they'd be better off just releasing the remastered COD and not even doing the new one. It's gotten terrible reactions from fans that they're doing another futuristic COD.

Personally I don't care for a remastered Skyrim, it's not like the graphics are bad on it. I'd rather see a whole new addition to the franchise. Red dead redemption would be nice to see remastered though.

That BF footage looked pretty tight. Might have to snag that when it comes out. I normally lean toward COD but that franchise has kind of lost me the last few years. Ghosts was OK, I never finished Advanced Warfare and I never bought BLOPS3. The near future stuff of Ghosts was OK but all the jetpack jumping stuff was really dumb IMO. The last COD multiplayer I really liked was BLOPS2.

MLB The Show 16 occupies my free time right now, but I just hopped back on WoW after about a 6 year break. I don't know if it ever was able to capture the magic of Vanilla, BC, and Wrath, but its fun again. Cool to see how some of the lore changes have been implemented.

Man, there was a time....that game from 2006-2009......Mercy.

Remasters of games that are respectively what, four and five years old? Seems kind've pointless. Give me Fallout 1 and 2 adapted for the Fallout 4 engine or modern versions of the Ultima games, hell yes, but give me another decade before you tell me Skyrim and RDR need to be redone.

Got a witch doctor to 70 in Diablo 3. I'm enjoying the Zunimassa's set (given to you by the game after completing some minor challenges). All I have to do is hit some enemy with a minor mana spending spell and the pets will tear them down like some animal that wandered into the path of some army ants.

...give me another decade before you tell me Skyrim and RDR need to be redone.

As an old guy, I played the hell out of Skyrim and bought the DLC packs for it on the XBOX360 the kids had. Great RPG, I loved maxing out the crossbow. That thing was awesome for distance one-shots for stealth.

I've been playing games for years since the Atari 2600 hit the market. I firmly believe the strategy and online competition multiplayer tunes your hand-eye coordination, but too much of it will stress your brain

If there's an online multiplayer game that needs a reboot, it's Battlefield. I loved the combat, too, but DICE has to improve on graphics and gameplay to get me buy off on a good version for XBOX One.

What's the deal with Fallout 4 Fusion Cores? I am just getting started (This game is like crack cocaine)! I am nearly out of power for my armor suit. So far I've cleared the first two quests.

What's the deal with Fallout 4 Fusion Cores? I am just getting started (This game is like crack cocaine)! I am nearly out of power for my armor suit. So far I've cleared the first two quests.

The fusion cores deplete quickly when wearing the power suite all the time, which is what everyone does in the beginning. Once you get further along in the game, you don't even really need the suite and run across a ton of fusion cores.

You can find new cores usually in basements in what would be considered generators. Or you could always buy them from a shop.

I'm still waiting to get it cheap, but are you saying that you start[\i] Fallout 4 with power armor? Seriously?

No you have to find it. If you go to the right spot, you can find it early but you won't have a lot of fusion core to power it

No you have to find it. If you go to the right spot, you can find it early but you won't have a lot of fusion core to power it

Gotcha - I've seen a lot of posts here along the lines of "I just started and I've got a question about power armor" so I was wondering. I used Power Armor when I finally got it in the original isometric games because there were very few downsides and by the time you got it you really needed it, but between Fallout 3 and New Vegas I think I wore power armor for about an hour before I got fed up with the slow movement speed (I prefer not to fast travel most of the time) and borderline inability to sneak. Maybe it'll be different in Fallout 4, but I doubt it.

Gotcha - I've seen a lot of posts here along the lines of "I just started and I've got a question about power armor" so I was wondering. I used Power Armor when I finally got it in the original isometric games because there were very few downsides and by the time you got it you really needed it, but between Fallout 3 and New Vegas I think I wore power armor for about an hour before I got fed up with the slow movement speed (I prefer not to fast travel most of the time) and borderline inability to sneak. Maybe it'll be different in Fallout 4, but I doubt it.

It's not. IMO, Power Armor only gives better carry weight and some moderate damage/radiation protection. Not much more.

I'm very excited for the next Grand theft Auto and Gran Turismo. The latest versions of both games were made for the PS3, and now that PS4 is out We should see some great stuff for these games. Yes I know that GTA was updated for PS4, but it's still the core game for PS3. They just upped the graphics and added some items. But the new games should be spectacular. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!

You obtain it early in the game (if you focus on the main storyline), but there are very few times where you actually need to use it. I had a couple sets, but only found a handful of times where it was useful. I prefer to sneak more often than not.

You obtain it early in the game (if you focus on the main storyline), but there are very few times where you actually need to use it. I had a couple sets, but only found a handful of times where it was useful. I prefer to sneak more often than not.

IIRC, I am at Lvl 25. Have at least 9 sets of PA and 50+ cores.

IIRC, I am at Lvl 25. Have at least 9 sets of PA and 50+ cores.

Same here. Outside of the quest early in the game where the armor is integral to the quest, I don't wear it at all. There are actually a surprising number of armor sets you find out in the wasteland, even some close to Sanctuary. My focus is finding legendary armor pieces and wearing those instead. Lighter and you get some nice bonuses. I've got a crap ton of power armor and cores in my workbench just sitting there. Once you reach a certain level, you will start encountering legendary enemies and they will drop a legendary item. Sometimes it's lame, but sometimes it's a solid piece of equipment.

On consoles, there is a glitch where you can duplicate items you pick up so if you want to go that route, you can get virtually unlimited cores.....

I stopped playing for a long time. Too many other things needing my attention, like sleep.

Have yet to play any of the DLC. the Automatron thing looks cool. But just more "stuff" to hoard.

I stopped playing for a long time. Too many other things needing my attention, like sleep.

Have yet to play any of the DLC. the Automatron thing looks cool. But just more "stuff" to hoard.

I started on it last week. You get a robot companion, which you can customize with different components you find on the bots you kill. I've found a few pieces of new armor, but it doesn't seem like much of an improvement on what I already had.

Back