Video Games

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
....why? Honest question. From the looks of things (though I will openly admit I haven't been following it too closely) it looks like it has the exact same style of gameplay as its predecessors.

From what I have read, FC2 was the franchise pinnacle achievement as far as a challenging product.

I'm going to be taking a good, hard look at The Division when it comes out. It looks promising, but I have a number of concerns with Ubisoft so I'm waiting for it to be released prior to making a purchase decision.

I would like a new MMORPG to come out... vanilla WoW was a magical time, and I've been chasing the dragon trying to get a similar game experience to match it ever since.

I'm going to be taking a good, hard look at The Division when it comes out. It looks promising, but I have a number of concerns with Ubisoft so I'm waiting for it to be released prior to making a purchase decision.

I would like a new MMORPG to come out... vanilla WoW was a magical time, and I've been chasing the dragon trying to get a similar game experience to match it ever since.

I learned a long time ago not to compare mmos to your first mmo love lol mine was Dark Age of Camelot and the closest I've found to matching that experience was Elder Scrolls Online. Personally I was severely disappointed with WoW when it first came out. I had too high of expectations after DIsC and WoW never lived up to that.

That said I'm looking forward to playing Black Desert online, I played the Korean version a bit and it seemed really good.

....why? Honest question. From the looks of things (though I will openly admit I haven't been following it too closely) it looks like it has the exact same style of gameplay as its predecessors.

It's the still the same gameplay, with some tweaks. The setting is so different, and you have the ability to tame animals to be your allies. The big thing is the setting of the game.

Games like FC will always have similar gameplay styles, fans would have a **** fit if they changed things that drastically. It's the story that matters the most, followed by the small tweaks they make.

Anyone encounter a glitch in FO4 where you are supposed to defend a settlement, then you defend it but can't turn in the quest to the minuteman guy for exp? I know it's widely documented but I've yet to find a solution. Just wondering if anyone here has figured out a workaround? I'm on XB1.

You need mods.

Just don't get carried away:
12308631_949705201772888_425538792402480041_n.jpg

Got several upgrades on my DemonHunter on Diablo3. Now I can solo a GRift 45 with a few minutes to spare on the timer.

Now I use the DH to farm BloodShards so my wizard can gamble on gear. Oddly enough, that wizard has not received ONE SINGLE piece of the Tal Rasha's set I need :(

I played an hour or two of D3 with my buddy after he got some ****ty news and needed to unwind. Showed him how to get the infernal machines to do some mindless killing while we talked, and made some hellfire amulets while we were at it. Had no idea those amulets had such ridiculous effects on them now.

Finally got a full day to myself yesterday and took full advantage of the double xp on Black Ops 3. In a very short amount of time, I went from Prestige 9 level 20 to Prestige 10 level 20. Besides finishing up camo challenges on a lot of guns, I was playing demolition and getting minimum 40k xp per match. My highest match, when I completed Burnt/Ardent/Gold camo for the Haymaker shotgun, merciless killer and master killer challenges, rang in 85k xp.

Still working on unlocking hero armors. Completed Spectre and Firebreak. Have the helmet for Ruin and Battery.

Got several upgrades on my DemonHunter on Diablo3. Now I can solo a GRift 45 with a few minutes to spare on the timer.

Now I use the DH to farm BloodShards so my wizard can gamble on gear. Oddly enough, that wizard has not received ONE SINGLE piece of the Tal Rasha's set I need :(

Good stuff. I played an hour or two last night and got up to GRift 50 with no problems, and at least 5-6 minutes left on the clock. I still need to get a fair amount of gear (I don't have best in slot shield, belt, rings, amulet, weapon).

Also, while I have almost full ancient in a different crusader set, the one I use is still 0/6 ancient.

Also, while I have almost full ancient in a different crusader set, the one I use is still 0/6 ancient.

I scored a Gyrfalcon's Foote on the crusader I just screw around with at my buddies while we drink. Don't have any pieces that work with it yet so I can't even justify using it. It did make me happy though; it was one of the last few pieces of gear on my list that I have never seen, so that was exciting.

I scored a Gyrfalcon's Foote on the crusader I just screw around with at my buddies while we drink. Don't have any pieces that work with it yet so I can't even justify using it. It did make me happy though; it was one of the last few pieces of gear on my list that I have never seen, so that was exciting.

Ha, I got one of those yesterday too! I also got the jekanboard (or however it's spelt) shield that increases the number of targets blessed shield hits, and the bracers that increase its damage... might have to try it out sometime!

Ha, I got one of those yesterday too! I also got the jekanboard (or however it's spelt) shield that increases the number of targets blessed shield hits, and the bracers that increase its damage... might have to try it out sometime!

Oh crap, that's what I need to look for. My account at home gets a Jekangbord shield every time I do a rift it seems, the crusader at my friends doesn't have it though. Home is the thorns crusader. One at friends is some patchwork blessed hammer set up. That one has a really sweet belt that casts bombardment every few seconds which is extremely entertaining. Not sure how effective it is, but making a lot of noise is always good.

Oh crap, that's what I need to look for. My account at home gets a Jekangbord shield every time I do a rift it seems, the crusader at my friends doesn't have it though. Home is the thorns crusader. One at friends is some patchwork blessed hammer set up. That one has a really sweet belt that casts bombardment every few seconds which is extremely entertaining. Not sure how effective it is, but making a lot of noise is always good.

Belt of the Trove. I've spent a few thousand shards trying to get one. It's the only belt (arguably) better than my current one, String of Ears.

Anyone encounter a glitch in FO4 where you are supposed to defend a settlement, then you defend it but can't turn in the quest to the minuteman guy for exp? I know it's widely documented but I've yet to find a solution. Just wondering if anyone here has figured out a workaround? I'm on XB1.

I have not had this happen. Which settlement?

Without watching it or reading any reviews, I'm going to take a crack at summarizing the game:

Climb up all the things.
Fall down the other side of all the things.

lol thats pretty spot on. watch the vid i posted, its a spoof review.

I have not had this happen. Which settlement?

I lost interest in FO3 the day I got it because I could not finish a quest in the opening town or whatever. A radroach was glitched out in a bookshelf and it wouldn't let me kill it to complete.

lol thats pretty spot on. watch the vid i posted, its a spoof review.

The last Tomb Raider I played was exactly that and was a huge turn off from playing any of them ever again. I'll check it out on lunch.

I am up to 3 pieces now. And 2 or three of the firebird what have you one. I did find a nice yellow gem in my helmet did help the MF a bit.

I lost interest in FO3 the day I got it because I could not finish a quest in the opening town or whatever. A radroach was glitched out in a bookshelf and it wouldn't let me kill it to complete.

The last Tomb Raider I played was exactly that and was a huge turn off from playing any of them ever again. I'll check it out on lunch.

Ha. I have had that. Tossed a grenade or shot the area with a missile.

Some of the puzzles of the first were decent. But this rendition does not live up to it's predecessors. I did opt in to the second after going back to finish the first. Haven't played it much tho'.

If you fellow D3ers ever see me on and want some help with getting gear, I can easily power-run T8+ rifts for ya.

Oh, and I have a puzzle ring (goblin/hoarder realm) and bovine bardiche (cow level) items to cube; let's get our impromptu HBT group together for some fun!

If you fellow D3ers ever see me on and want some help with getting gear, I can easily power-run T8+ rifts for ya.

Oh, and I have a puzzle ring (goblin/hoarder realm) and bovine bardiche (cow level) items to cube; let's get our impromptu HBT group together for some fun!

Sounds like a party!

I just spent an hour sorting out my cube, salvaging all the duplicates, and enchanting the gear I want to keep. My wizard can now do some T7 bounties...as long as he doesn't get sneezed on. Talk about glass cannon.

I knocked out a decent Crusader this weekend. The Invoker Thorns set. Can participate in T10, but don't do enough damage on my own to carry that high yet. Think I did manage GR45 barely. Now I'm trying to farm up some Ancients so I can do the LoN builds.

Well, last night ended up being pretty A+ for me last night in Diablo. Had my first ever (been playing since vanilla, mind you) Thunderfury, which is an incredible weapon for my follower. Also got an ancient Belt of the Trove (best in slot)... so now I'm running around with permanent 110 million toughness. Got all three of my legendary gems to lvl25 (the thorns one, bane of the trapped, bane of the stricken).

Now focusing on getting ancient set pieces and some other rings, plus the traveller's pledge amulet.

The next big hype is the Division they want 100 bucks for the Game plus the season pass. Well the Beta came out and like most really hyped games this year it looks like its totally going to suck. Why do games suck so bad right now...its really annyoing.

On another note. If you have Xbox 1 download Smite its totally free (you can pay 20 dollars if you wish to help unlock things faster but not necessary) and its a fantastic game ive spend many ...many...hours playing.

Back