Video Games

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody play Bloodborne? I find it to be a great game. If you don't mind dying every few minutes, I recommend it.

I do mind.. lol. i started playing it but cant get passed the first fuking monster you fight. like literally the first one. its a ware-wolf looking thing and it kills me with 1 hit.... so i said fuk that game and just moved on to others.

System updates went well on the XB One. Downloading the actual games took all damned day. Started out with an open network and about a quarter the way through it seems everyone in the house decided to get on the network.

Kid has been sick with strep for over a week now so we opted to break his monotony and let him have the console early. He was giddy. He usually sleeps in every chance he gets but this morning he was the first out of bed, out of the shower, and jumped on a chance to play COD:AW before going to school.

He usually sleeps in every chance he gets but this morning he was the first out of bed, out of the shower, and jumped on a chance to play COD:AW before going to school.

Funny how that works. During the week, my alarm goes off at 7am and I struggle to get out the door to work after going to bed early. On the weekend, I'll stay up late drinking and have the ability to leap out of bed at 5am the next morning to make coffee and game for a few hours.

Funny how that works. During the week, my alarm goes off at 7am and I struggle to get out the door to work after going to bed early. On the weekend, I'll stay up late drinking and have the ability to leap out of bed at 5am the next morning to make coffee and game for a few hours.

Ayup. I am just thrilled he took a shower first. :p

Getting up for things you want to do is much easier than getting up for things you dont want to do.

Heh. I recall how shocked my mother was when I went from dragging out of bed at 7:15 to getting up at ten of 6 ready to go - all so I could watch Battle of the Planets.

ObVideoGames: Is it odd that I still sometimes play the original Halo on PC? Seriously, the game is twelve years old now. I used to grind WoW for a time, but it's been a while. Beyond that, I've got nuthin'.

Installs should be complete by time me and the boy get home. Ha. We won't know where to start. Decided to get Witcher3 and Outlast too. Also pre-ordered Fallout 4.

Waiting patiently for my copy of Rory Mcilroy PGA tour to arrive today. Read some pretty poor reviews so in skeptical, but I need a golf game in my life and it's been two years since the last TW golf. I can sink countless hours into those and nearly perfected the game. Damn pesky course coins and insanely hard challenges. Oh well. Hopefully it doesn't suck

It seems to be a pretty stripped down game to me. I bought it. A few of my friends have it. We will enjoy playing it.

That being said.. I really must under estimate the amount of time it takes to create a video game like that. It has come to the point where I don't even want any NEW game modes, I just want the same ones that the games had in previous years. (See NHL 15 for PS4)

And it has begun. Played some COD with the boy until he passed out on the couch around 8:00pm and then moved on to Wolfenstein New Blood. Decent so far. I am not yet immersed but I am getting there.

Spent the better part of the evening tweaking my router to resolve NAT issues.

Took a break from playing The New Order and started Witcher3. BIG mistake! Good thing I have no vacation time or I'd likely not leave the couch for a week.

It seems to be a pretty stripped down game to me. I bought it. A few of my friends have it. We will enjoy playing it.

That being said.. I really must under estimate the amount of time it takes to create a video game like that. It has come to the point where I don't even want any NEW game modes, I just want the same ones that the games had in previous years. (See NHL 15 for PS4)

Agreed on all fronts. Have enjoyed playing it, but just seems like it's missing so much compared to the last TW game for the 360. I will still play the hell out of it because I'm a golf geek, but hoping the free DLCs are fast coming, game changing and often appearing. Have my doubts though

Any online game recommendations? I'm having a hard time finding anything that holds my interest.

What style of game do you like? If you like Diablo but want free, Path of Exile is a good choice to kill some time on and quite difficult.

Took a break from playing The New Order and started Witcher3. BIG mistake! Good thing I have no vacation time or I'd likely not leave the couch for a week.

I need to get back to the new order. I just have been mindlessly playing Destiny still instead of that. I actually have a bunch of games I need to get too

I am at an odd place in the Witcher 3 game. Leveling is brutally slow, so far. And the melee combat style of the game is unforgiving. At level 5 of s'thing like 60 and I am already feeling the monotony of the "go and get that then come back" of quest/secondary quest lines and the repetition of character foes.

But the imagery is fantastic, the women are gorgeous, and the world is enormous. I can't help but to build anticipation as to what I will discover the next time I get to play. But, I can only do a couple hours at a stretch before the game is frustrating.

I need to get back to the new order. I just have been mindlessly playing Destiny still instead of that. I actually have a bunch of games I need to get too

Do you grind and raid to get to level 30?

i stopped playing it once i beat the game. i did fire strike a few times and got a few good items but got tired of it fast and stopped playing.

I'm going to have to seriously start gaming when I get home.. I've collected 5 or 6 games that I haven't even opened, and looks to be a ton of great games coming out this fall. Mad Max actually looks like it will be fun, and I'm highly anticipating the new Tomb Raider

Do you grind and raid to get to level 30?

i stopped playing it once i beat the game. i did fire strike a few times and got a few good items but got tired of it fast and stopped playing.

You can beat the "game" pretty quickly. Its set up like a mobile game. You get on to do some quest then quit. My one and only character is 34 (the max) the last DLC it was a lot easier to level up without a lot of mindless grinding. The game is still a ***** because of the random drops. Always get the shaft. I usually do the weekly strikes and raid every now and again. I dont raid because i usually do not want to waste hours completing it.

I'm going to have to seriously start gaming when I get home.. I've collected 5 or 6 games that I haven't even opened, and looks to be a ton of great games coming out this fall. Mad Max actually looks like it will be fun, and I'm highly anticipating the new Boobs Boober

ftfy

Also, nothing to report here, just grinding A1 of D3 to get my RoRG before @TheCADJockey

Bought headphones for the Xbox One.

Have been holding off on playing Outlast to get the full experience. Have not had the surround sound hooked up for a while now but don't want to bother the house at night with the volume too loud anyway.

my PSN account got hacked and some f*cker bought Batman for $99 on my account. soon as i saw it, i went in and changed my PW and called the bank and did a charge back and getting a new card now.

The thing is i didnt contact Sony at all for this cause from googling it turns out they aren't very cooperative and make it difficult for you to get your money back so i went through my bank instead. I wonder if they gonna remove the game from my account....

my PSN account got hacked and some f*cker bought Batman for $99 on my account. soon as i saw it, i went in and changed my PW and called the bank and did a charge back and getting a new card now.

The thing is i didnt contact Sony at all for this cause from googling it turns out they aren't very cooperative and make it difficult for you to get your money back so i went through my bank instead. I wonder if they gonna remove the game from my account....

I hear of this far too often. Is why I refuse to keep any bank account information saved within my Live account.

Yeah, i should have known better. Sony really doesn't take security seriously.

I only trust the bank with the security of my money. And even they fail. But at least they are the direct source.

I try to use codes as much as possible. Having issues getting my live account updated right now because the code is not going through. Doesn't expire for another month so, meh.

I only trust the bank with the security of my money. And even they fail. But at least they are the direct source.

I try to use codes as much as possible. Having issues getting my live account updated right now because the code is not going through. Doesn't expire for another month so, meh.

Im going to use shop safe numbers when buying anything off PSN. Im glad i caught it in time before my account PW was changed. saw the emails right when they hacker purchased the game and went in and changed it my self, removed the card off the profile and then called the bank.

I won't lie. Not having CC/Bank Account info tied to my Live profile had more to do with the 360's restrictive use of Live across users. I'd let my son's use my profile for online gaming and did not want to experience them learning that a purchase was a few clicks away. It is a PITA not having it there but, also keeps me buying bored too.

I won't lie. Not having CC/Bank Account info tied to my Live profile had more to do with the 360's restrictive use of Live across users. I'd let my son's use my profile for online gaming and did not want to experience them learning that a purchase was a few clicks away. It is a PITA not having it there but, also keeps me buying bored too.

Yeah, but the risk is too high. i read some stories where the hacker put a ton of purchases on the card and then stole the account. no payment info in there = not a good account to steal.

i had that CC number memorized in my head. i guess i online shop way too much lol.

Gaming with headphones is amazing. Not near as nice as an empty house and surround sound that goes to eleven, but amazing nonetheless.

Opens up a whole new level of detail that I have been missing.

Gaming with headphones is amazing. Not near as nice as an empty house and surround sound that goes to eleven, but amazing nonetheless.

Opens up a whole new level of detail that I have been missing.

Agreed. I have a weird 'sensitivity' to thunder/lightning. We'll just say, as a kid I had a lot of very close calls, so it can be startling. Running through Elder Scrolls last night, dead quiet with nothing but ambient rain noise through a field... then had one of those instant thunder/lightning strikes mega loud. Just about fell out of my chair.

Awesome.

Agreed. I have a weird 'sensitivity' to thunder/lightning. We'll just say, as a kid I had a lot of very close calls, so it can be startling. Running through Elder Scrolls last night, dead quiet with nothing but ambient rain noise through a field... then had one of those instant thunder/lightning strikes mega loud. Just about fell out of my chair.

Awesome.

For me it has been the very subtle nuances. More clarity regarding conversations heard from a distance. Footsteps, rustling, and subtle grunting/growls alerting to what is coming but has not been seen.

All unpossible without headphones in house of sleeping spawn.

For me it has been the very subtle nuances. More clarity regarding conversations heard from a distance. Footsteps, rustling, and subtle grunting/growls alerting to what is coming but has not been seen.

All unpossible without headphones in house of sleeping spawn.

Yeah, it was like that when I started playing Diablo 3. I had just got my new PC and was rocking it. Girlfriend at the time got mad it was so loud at night. Bought me a pair of Turtle Beach. Put them on and it was a whole new game. I may have slight hearing loss now, but its worth it.

I always use a headset now. That thunder though... gets me every time. Swear the game is trolling me.

Finally finished Mothership Zeta in Fallout 3. Took a long break then decided to play it last night to prep for Fallout 4. I didnt get all the special weapons but it was a fun time. Got one more dlc to beat in that game.

Still playing Witcher3 when I am not shooting COD Zombies with my son.

He's begging me for GTA5 so he can play online. I am okay with online. Trouble is you can't get GTAO without GTA5 and he is 9 years old. Worse, he had a birthday recently and wants to buy it with his own money.

Back