Video Games

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got hooked on iracing. Prolly the best racing simulator out there, really addictive! check it out at iracing.com

Any of y'all into PC/Steam gaming?
I'm looking for people to play Killing Floor, Chivalry, etc. with :D

Just got hooked on iracing. Prolly the best racing simulator out there, really addictive! check it out at iracing.com

I had tried this about a two years ago, but...

I didn't think that the traction model was very realistic. Of course it's very hard to get a feel for when you're losing traction. I have done things in real life that aren't possible in the sim. Plus a huge PITA getting the wheel and pedal all setup and then can't work on the computer. What setup do you have? Which tracks and cars have you enjoyed driving? I want to get into it, but it's difficult. The ford GT I think had better traction than most of the vehicles I tried.
I admit I didn't want to play against other players until I could prevent myself from crashing.
I felt much more disconnected from the vehicle than when driving a real car on a real track. I actually had more fun playing grand Turismo. I so much wanted to like the sim. Maybe I am not getting it setup or configured correctly.

TD

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I realized today that I need more gaming time. I'm not by any means a hardcore gamer, I can rarely stand to play for more than an hour or two at a time even if I have nothing else to do.

So that being said, I bought an Xbox One last week that came with Assassin's Creed Unity (and Black Flag, but I've played it on PS3). I also ordered a copy of Forza 5 which I have been playing at night for the last week. Today I took advantage of the Target deal running this week, B2G1, and got Halo: MCC, CoD and Watch_Dogs....I have no idea when I'm going to play them. I commute for work, so I am gone 12-13 hours a day, and I have 8 month old twin boys so when I finally get home I want to spend time with them. By the time they're in bed I can play some, but by the time I sit down and get into a game I'm so tired I just want to go to bed.

Definitely #firstworldproblems, and its not a bad problem to have, but I wish I got a little more time to play some games from time to time.

(I'm Caboose106 on Xbox Live if anyone wants to play sometime)

I realized today that I need more gaming time. I'm not by any means a hardcore gamer, I can rarely stand to play for more than an hour or two at a time even if I have nothing else to do.

So that being said, I bought an Xbox One last week that came with Assassin's Creed Unity (and Black Flag, but I've played it on PS3). I also ordered a copy of Forza 5 which I have been playing at night for the last week. Today I took advantage of the Target deal running this week, B2G1, and got Halo: MCC, CoD and Watch_Dogs....I have no idea when I'm going to play them. I commute for work, so I am gone 12-13 hours a day, and I have 8 month old twin boys so when I finally get home I want to spend time with them. By the time they're in bed I can play some, but by the time I sit down and get into a game I'm so tired I just want to go to bed.

Definitely #firstworldproblems, and its not a bad problem to have, but I wish I got a little more time to play some games from time to time.

(I'm Caboose106 on Xbox Live if anyone wants to play sometime)

RvB fan?

Any Zelda/Dynasty Warrior fans pick up Hyrule Warriors?
I was skeptical but so far it has been pretty enjoyable.

Has anyone played "The Forest"? Its an Alpha build, so its buggy as hell, but what a great concept, and fun.

I've logged about 20hrs. Its an amazing game but I havent played lately because everytime they updat, my save files wont load.

I'lll for sure dive back in @ beta tho

Any Zelda/Dynasty Warrior fans pick up Hyrule Warriors?
I was skeptical but so far it has been pretty enjoyable.

Nope, never been a Dynasty Warrior fan so i passed on Hyrule warriors.

Im looking forward to the Mario Kart 8 DLC available tomorrow. 3 new characters, 4 new vehicles, and 8 new tracks.

Im looking forward to the Mario Kart 8 DLC available tomorrow. 3 new characters, 4 new vehicles, and 8 new tracks.

It's still fresh for me (never played Dynasty Warriors before) but I can see how the gameplay will get stale after a while.
I do appreciate the subtle/not so subtle references to past Zelda games though.

Any bundle actual deals for the PS4 yet? I'm looking for the console with Destiny.

A few weeks ago ebay/newegg did like 360$ which is a steal.... but they sold out lickety-split

I was a huge MK Wii fan and couldn't wait until MK 8 came out. My buddy and I would play online all the time. I bought the Wii U just because of MK8. I don't think I have touched it since it came out. I don't like the drifting. I think it takes away from the game. You should be able to pick like MK Wii. I don't think I made it half way through 100CC yet. Just not feeling it.

I may have to get Hyrule Warriors so I actually use my Wii U. I also want DK Country. I loved the SNES version.

My wife just bought herself Assassin's Creed Unity for our PS4. I bought myself Call of Duty Advanced Warfare last week.

Thus, we have a dilemma.

Do I go home after work tonight and turn off her game and take over, inevitably ending in bloodshed and a night on the couch? Or do I go to a friends house after work to get drunk and sleep on his couch, letting her play all night in hopes that she either completes the game or gets burned out after realizing it's the same as the previous ten AC games?

I was a huge MK Wii fan and couldn't wait until MK 8 came out. My buddy and I would play online all the time. I bought the Wii U just because of MK8. I don't think I have touched it since it came out. I don't like the drifting. I think it takes away from the game. You should be able to pick like MK Wii. I don't think I made it half way through 100CC yet. Just not feeling it.

I may have to get Hyrule Warriors so I actually use my Wii U. I also want DK Country. I loved the SNES version.

Man, you are missing out big time. Its the best Mario Kart they've ever made. The drifting is fun as hell and once you get the hang of it, its very easy. I dont think it takes away from the game at all. When you choose your setup you need set it up so you can navigate the course well. Sometimes having less speed and acceleration and more traction and handling is better cause you can take a tighter line and thus making you faster overall. Its a very fun game that is a mix of skill and chaos. The DLC was released yesterday and the new courses, characters and vehicles are pretty awesome.

DK Country was fun but i just played through it one time and never touched it again.

Super Smash Bros comes out in a week and it looks really good. i've already per-ordered it.

My wife just bought herself Assassin's Creed Unity for our PS4. I bought myself Call of Duty Advanced Warfare last week.

Thus, we have a dilemma.

Do I go home after work tonight and turn off her game and take over, inevitably ending in bloodshed and a night on the couch? Or do I go to a friends house after work to get drunk and sleep on his couch, letting her play all night in hopes that she either completes the game or gets burned out after realizing it's the same as the previous ten AC games?

I say it's time for second console and TV.

Haha, nah it's not a problem but once a year. It only takes her a couple days to finish those AC games. She normally watches her shows while I cook then she does dishes while I play. I make beer while she sanitizes, etc.. it's the little things.

Any bundle actual deals for the PS4 yet? I'm looking for the console with Destiny.

A few weeks ago ebay/newegg did like 360$ which is a steal.... but they sold out lickety-split
That is a smoking deal. If you're looking for something right now, you can pick up a Destiny bundle on eBay for $400 here after using coupon code CPLAY10.

Man, you are missing out big time. Its the best Mario Kart they've ever made. The drifting is fun as hell and once you get the hang of it, its very easy. I dont think it takes away from the game at all. When you choose your setup you need set it up so you can navigate the course well. Sometimes having less speed and acceleration and more traction and handling is better cause you can take a tighter line and thus making you faster overall. Its a very fun game that is a mix of skill and chaos. The DLC was released yesterday and the new courses, characters and vehicles are pretty awesome.

DK Country was fun but i just played through it one time and never touched it again.

Super Smash Bros comes out in a week and it looks really good. i've already per-ordered it.

It isn't that I don't have the hang of it. I'm actually good at it. It is similar to Sonic Racing which I played on Wii. I just don't like doing it. I would rather lose the boost and not drift. I also hate getting coins. The game itself is great. I just don't like some aspects of it (i.e. drifting and coins). I just found MKWii to be more enjoyable. I'm mad they took that offline.

I have only played MK8 online with my friends. I did very well against them. One of my friends has 3 starred everything and does very well against other people online and I beat him. Maybe I just need to play it more. I do like the tracks, the cars and characters.

DK does seem like something you play once but I really loved the SNES version so I may have to get it. One of those nostalgic things. I grew up with NES and SNES when they were released in the US so any remade game I jump on.

I do like Smash Bros but not enough to buy it. I may have to try it again. I need mroe games for the Wii U seeing as MK is the only one.

It isn't that I don't have the hang of it. I'm actually good at it. It is similar to Sonic Racing which I played on Wii. I just don't like doing it. I would rather lose the boost and not drift. I also hate getting coins. The game itself is great. I just don't like some aspects of it (i.e. drifting and coins). I just found MKWii to be more enjoyable. I'm mad they took that offline.

I have only played MK8 online with my friends. I did very well against them. One of my friends has 3 starred everything and does very well against other people online and I beat him. Maybe I just need to play it more. I do like the tracks, the cars and characters.

DK does seem like something you play once but I really loved the SNES version so I may have to get it. One of those nostalgic things. I grew up with NES and SNES when they were released in the US so any remade game I jump on.

I do like Smash Bros but not enough to buy it. I may have to try it again. I need mroe games for the Wii U seeing as MK is the only one.

Yeah, i grew up with DK on SNES too. Loved that game and the new one is pretty good.

With MK8 online there are very good players. when you start playing with people in the 6-7k+ points it gets harder to win. You need to be able to take very tight lines, have coins, take the shortcuts if possible, fire hop, and have some luck. It can be challenging which makes it fun. The chaos can piss you off at times though. like when you are about to get 1st and you get hit by a shell last second and 6-7 ppl pass you.

btw Getting 3 stars in everything isn't really impressive at all. the computer is very very easy compared to ppl i play online. i never played MK on the wii so i have no idea what its like. last MK i played was on N64.

Yeah, i grew up with DK on SNES too. Loved that game and the new one is pretty good.

With MK8 online there are very good players. when you start playing with people in the 6-7k+ points it gets harder to win. You need to be able to take very tight lines, have coins, take the shortcuts if possible, fire hop, and have some luck. It can be challenging which makes it fun. The chaos can piss you off at times though. like when you are about to get 1st and you get hit by a shell last second and 6-7 ppl pass you.

btw Getting 3 stars in everything isn't really impressive at all. the computer is very very easy compared to ppl i play online. i never played MK on the wii so i have no idea what its like. last MK i played was on N64.

He did say getting 3 stars was really easy in this one. All you need to do is come in 1st place. MK Wii, to get 3 stars on 150cc, you need to come in first place, not go off the track or get hit by many items. So as you can imagine, it is a lot harder to get 3 stars.

Just picked up the PS3 greatest hits copies of Dishonored and Fallout: New Vegas. I really wanted Assassin's Creed Rogue but I figure it will be onsale on another week anyway. I've been running around AC Black Flag for a week now just collecting fragments and attacking/ramming boats. I'm ready for more missions!

All of those are great games. Fallout? Good lord I can't even begin to tell
You how many hours I played that dang game for.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

All of those are great games. Fallout? Good lord I can't even begin to tell
You how many hours I played that dang game for.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Fallout 3 consumed a LOT of my time. Fallout New Vegas was boring to me in comparison. Much of the same game play but the environment is not near as captivating.

I can still hear that faint sonar ping that was burned into my brain from Fallout 3.

Fallout 3 consumed a LOT of my time. Fallout New Vegas was boring to me in comparison. Much of the same game play but the environment is not near as captivating.

I can still hear that faint sonar ping that was burned into my brain from Fallout 3.

Just started FO3. Made it to the first camp and haven't picked it back up since I know it's a rabbit hole.

Reminds me a heck of a lot of Skyrim but just with guns instead of magic/swords

You guys see how massively shty the new AC Unity game is. $60 game with a bunch of crap that's locked unless you pay or get an app or some crap.

Even my wife gave up on AC games. She played them all religiously, its just too much now. More and more money for the same game re-skinned with ever so slightly new dialogue. It is sad.

Fallout has nothing on Skyrim. It was sweet when it came out but now it is just way too much running around with little to no action. At least Skyrim has the chance of a random dragon dropping out of the sky to teabag you.

Even my wife gave up on AC games. She played them all religiously, its just too much now. More and more money for the same game re-skinned with ever so slightly new dialogue. It is sad.

Fallout has nothing on Skyrim. It was sweet when it came out but now it is just way too much running around with little to no action. At least Skyrim has the chance of a random dragon dropping out of the sky to teabag you.

I am getting curious about the new Dragon Age.

If it hadn't been for bows and crossbows, Skyrim would have probly' been lost on me. Never have been a fan of swordplay/mage games, but I do love the challenge of sneak based critical hits with a projectile weapon.

I've only ever played one AC, bought it used from a closing Blockbuster video. Hated it more than GTA.

Yes! Have you ever been to DC? If yes, you will be impressed.

Never been to DC, west coast bro here

Hahaha...actually I've been working on a new build and almost turned it on instead.

Never been to DC, west coast bro here.

Prior to this last summer, I had never been to DC either. Had already finished FO3 about a year before going. Even my 8 year old son was astonished at how realistic, and accurately rendered the playing field was. Subways too. It was creepy being in the DC subways after that game.

Played both FO and Skyrim. Enjoyed both differently.

I think the difference is that FO3 does a little too good of a job making the world look like a wasteland. Hence so much open space and far fewer random events.

Skyrim is huge and has so much extra side quests/bits here and there(since it takes place in a living world) that I do not know if I will ever finish it. I managed to finish everything in FO3 in 2 playthroughs.

Latest posts

Back