very intense fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hunk

Reaction score
hello all im fairly new to the brewing scenery so i wanted to start with the most simplistic brewing recipe so i made very basic mead with appels looked up the measurements online and applied it accordingly i did it 2 days ago the fermentation was little to non existent but today oh boy it spiked up super intense to a point where its almost boiling usually i watched the videos online on yt and its not that intense is it normal or did i messed up ?? thanks in advance

Attachments

• January 14, 2024.mp4
    3.9 MB
That looks alright to me. Many things affect the rate of fermentation, temperature is a big one. Many ale yeasts ferment cleanly in the sixties fahrenheit. Warmer is faster, but sometimes produces off flavors. A lot of yeast or a lot of sugar will also increase fermentation.
Is this your own recipe, or did you read it somewhere?

That looks alright to me. Many things affect the rate of fermentation, temperature is a big one. Many ale yeasts ferment cleanly in the sixties fahrenheit. Warmer is faster, but sometimes produces off flavors. A lot of yeast or a lot of sugar will also increase fermentation.
Is this your own recipe, or did you read it somewhere?
i read it online. the ingredients are: (im from eu so im gonna use metric system im not familiar with imperial sorry in advance)

-500 grams of honey
-2 apples
-1 spoon of yeast
-and 5 liters of spring water

Back