[Version 2 Release] RaspberryPints - Digital Taplist Solution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I looked at the code and found that that config wasn't being used anywhere. I added the logic for it and just committed the change for files beerListTable.php and beerListTableVerticle.php

Its probably easier to just do a manual update, change line
<h2><?php echo $beer['srm']; ?> SRM</h2>
to
<?php if($config[ConfigNames::ShowSrmValue]){?>
<h2><?php echo $beer['srm']; ?> SRM</h2>
<?php }?>
YOU SIR, ARE A BOSS!

I can not seem to get this installed/setup using the build your own option. is there and updated installation guide as im thinking a lot has changed with raspberry os since the guide was made?

I can not seem to get this installed/setup using the build your own option. is there and updated installation guide as im thinking a lot has changed with raspberry os since the guide was made?

1. Install latest raspberry OS with their own image tool
2. go to rpints.com and copy the command `curl -L install.rpints.com | sudo bash`
3. paste it in the console of the Pi or via SSH and follow the instructions
4. Done :D
I'm documenting my own install and build over at github

AWESOME thank you so much. that worked like a dream. now how do i link my plaato kegs? is it under load cells? what do i enter and where?

cheers. done all that entered the auth code where i THINK it goes. last box to the right of the tap. still not working. ill leave that part for now

still not working
it will not populate on the admin/taps screen, it will only populate on the main list screen.

If you want to see what values are coming back from plaato, remove // in front of line 77 of /var/www/html/index.php (assuming you installed to /var/www/html) then refresh the main rpints page. it should list the the Plaato URL, the Plaato Value, and the Value RPints is using in the upper left corner.

it will not populate on the admin/taps screen, it will only populate on the main list screen.

If you want to see what values are coming back from plaato, remove // in front of line 77 of /var/www/html/index.php (assuming you installed to /var/www/html) then refresh the main rpints page. it should list the the Plaato URL, the Plaato Value, and the Value RPints is using in the upper left corner.

plaato kegs working for me. I had to email them for the auth code. Then you have to go through config and enable appropriate settings to display keg levels.

plaato kegs working for me. I had to email them for the auth code. Then you have to go through config and enable appropriate settings to display keg levels.

I have RPints running fine, have just received my Auth codes for my PLAATO kegs. Could you talk me through how I configure and enable correct settings please.

I have RPints running fine, have just received my Auth codes for my PLAATO kegs. Could you talk me through how I configure and enable correct settings please.
Try copying settings in these images. I only have the plaato keg on 4 of my taps so far.

And then to get the last pour to update i modified a line in index.php so that the page reloads every 10 seconds:

if you modify the index.php lines ~166 and 282
setTimeout(function(){window.location.reload(1);}, 60000);
to
setTimeout(function(){window.location.reload(1);}, 10000);

Attachments

• A2952323-0168-435A-9CF6-1686FA794158.jpeg
    A2952323-0168-435A-9CF6-1686FA794158.jpeg
    292.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 81674CA4-9DF6-4AF3-9084-1636FC47129F.jpeg
    81674CA4-9DF6-4AF3-9084-1636FC47129F.jpeg
    335 KB · Views: 34
  • 38E9D8D9-50B1-48B4-A811-8440BA54260D.png
    38E9D8D9-50B1-48B4-A811-8440BA54260D.png
    702.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 0735DD5C-F3E6-459A-B8F7-3793073D552F.png
    0735DD5C-F3E6-459A-B8F7-3793073D552F.png
    778.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 20BCA33F-C23A-4C74-94AA-9BEF9A9AA5B0.jpeg
    20BCA33F-C23A-4C74-94AA-9BEF9A9AA5B0.jpeg
    441.3 KB · Views: 54
I have a question. I had to reinstall raspberrypints. Everything is fine on that end. When I originally had it installed I had set it up where I could manually subtract pours. I had drop downs next to each beer where I could select glass, pint, growler, or taste. Once selected I clicked pour and it would subtract that amount from that beer. Does anybody know where/ how I got this from? I'm at a loss.

Thanks, Dave

[...] I'm at a loss.

So am I :drunk:
It's definitely at least a fork. And honestly I don't recall it appearing on HBT, though just now there was an inkling I had read of the want to be able to do this manual mode thing.

Do you remember approximately when you did your original installation?
Maybe check some folder creation dates?

Sadly, if it was too far back it might not be resurrectable without serious massaging because the passage of time has not been kind to the original RaspberryPints code and methods...

Cheers!

Thread link takes us to the original post from January 2017, but then basically a dead end. The reddit link is no help. index.php is the main, default page for rendering. css files will handle the pint and pour button. Main problem. What is a pour? 12 oz? 16 oz, 20oz? Don't know. I guess, without seeing the index.php and the css, the Yellow Pint with Blue background controls the amount decreased when the Pour button is clicked.

Doesn't seem difficult to add a button and decrease the keg amount.

Doesn't seem difficult to add a popup when the Pint area is clicked to allow selection of the amount.

Other than looking "cool", why go through these mods? Simply weight (using the travel bag lift type weigher) the keg empty, weight full and can easily estimate amount left.

Last edited:
I'll defer on the level of difficulty - as long as it's stipulated you're starting with code that runs on the current Raspbian releases.
If that fork goes back pre-Stretch it's going to need the same major massaging you did to the original 2.0.1 code...

Cheers!

I'll defer on the level of difficulty - as long as it's stipulated you're starting with code that runs on the current Raspbian releases.
If that fork goes back pre-Stretch it's going to need the same major massaging you did to the original 2.0.1 code...

Cheers!

That's my point. Another fork. Another PITA when a new release is available. If one want to do, then do themselves and live with maintaining it. Otherwise, weight and figure out the amount left.

Thread link takes us to the original post from January 2017, but then basically a dead end.

Other than looking "cool", why go through these mods? Simply weight (using the travel bag lift type weigher) the keg empty, weight full and can easily estimate amount left.

yeah, the original 2017 post is from me and that Reddit link was what I used to create my RaspberryPints to have pour buttons and be sans flow meters. All the info needed is in the reddit thread.

It’s not about looking cool, it’s functional and is a system that works very well. I felt just because I didn’t have flow meters, meant that I should be relegated to lift a keg to estimate the remaining volume. Not when there is a simple solution.

I knew when I made the decision to incorporate buttons on my build, I was on an island....heck, I decided to further isolate and turn it into a WindowsPints.

Last edited:
If different amount are needed or want to change the existing amounts change raspberry_pints.php (or index.php from the link provided)
<select class = "styled-select" name = "amount">
<option value="11" <?php if(isset($_POST['amount']) && $tapNum == $i && $amount == "11"){echo "selected";} ?>>Goblet</option>
<option value="17" <?php if(isset($_POST['amount']) && $tapNum == $i && $amount == "17"){echo "selected";} ?>>Pint</option>
<option value="6" <?php if(isset($_POST['amount']) && $tapNum== $i && $amount=="6"){echo "selected";} ?>>Taste</option>
<option value="40" <?php if(isset($_POST['amount']) && $tapNum == $i && $amount == "40"){echo "selected";} ?>>Growler</option>
</select>

Last edited:
@day_trippr I'm sorry if you answered this already, but how do you calculate the number to divide the pulse count to give your amount? I guess the question would be the what is the unit of measure for the amount. The flow sensors I'm using are F(Hz) = 98 * (L/Min), therefore 5880 pulses per liter (if my math is correct), which would also give me 0.17 ml per pulse. Granted, I could be way off as I'm a doctor, not an engineer, but that's what makes sense to me. So in my mind, if I set it to $amount = pulse count/5880 should give me my L amount if that's how the system is sent up.

In pours.php there is a k-factor in ticks per gallon. The default (for the SF800 meters) is 21120 ticks per gallon or 165 ticks per ounce.

Code:
        // Sets the amount to be a fraction of a gallon based on 165 ounces per pulse (21120)
        $amount = $PULSE_COUNT / 21120;

You'd have to do the fluid volume conversion to correlate your milliliter k-factor into ounces/gallons.

Cheers!

[edit] fixed typo - should have been 21120 in the 2nd sentence.

Last edited:
In pours.php there is a k-factor in ticks per gallon. The default (for the SF800 meters) is 2110 ticks per gallon or 165 ticks per ounce.

Code:
        // Sets the amount to be a fraction of a gallon based on 165 ounces per pulse (21120)
        $amount = $PULSE_COUNT / 21120;

You'd have to do the fluid volume conversion to correlate your milliliter k-factor into ounces/gallons.

Cheers!

Think I've got it.... 5880 ticks/liter, so divide by 33.814 (oz per liter) gives me 173.89 ticks per oz, multiple by 128 gives me ~22,258.24 ticks per gallon.

We'll see if it adds up once everything is delivered and set up!

might be persuaded to add the "click a pour"
Wants to take it on, I’ll make all my work available to him.
There is a hidden feature my branch picked up controlled by the "Allow Sample Pour from List" configuration. If that is on then clicking the tap number/image on the beer list page will do a "sample pour" of 1 oz for that tap.

It wouldn't be to hard to expand that to its own button, and either prompt for amount or have the amount as a configuration so one press and that's all.

Example of where to click
upload_2020-4-19_17-46-3.png

Just seeing if anyone has experienced this. This is the 2nd time this has happened to my RPints RPi in the last 2-weeks.

RandR+ RPints
RPi 3B+ on Stretch
C784BBEF-4A34-40B2-B371-E995B2B3B27B.jpeg

i can’t even SSH into the RPi. It’s an active client on my Router...it’s there, but it it ain’t there.

day_trippr said:
Hope you made an sd card clone...

Indeed I did. An SD swap along with a SQL Export and Import, and I’m back in business.

Any SOP to reuse the corrupted SD Card? Just clone my current RPi configuration with SD Card Copier over top?

I am very happy for you :mug:

It kills me that so many folks end up on the "Rebuild From Scratch" rocks because they neglected to clone their working SD cards.
I literally have an Altoid tin filled with clones for all my RPi systems because life is too short to build a whole new deployable base image and then customize it for each mission. And whenever I do a significant mod to any machine its card gets cloned after a few days of run-time validation.

Anyway...you could try wiping the card and cloning your current working image to it, then boot off it and see if it stays on its feet. Frankly, ime, that doesn't happen very often. Once they start acting whack there's usually no coming back to a truly reliable state...

Cheers!

I am very happy for you :mug:

It kills me that so many folks end up on the "Rebuild From Scratch" rocks because they neglected to clone their working SD cards.

Thanks! I do try to use this thread and the experience of others to make life a little easier for myself.

I literally have an Altoid tin filled with clones for all my RPi systems because life is too short to build a whole new deployable base image and then customize it for each mission. And whenever I do a significant mod to any machine its card gets cloned after a few days of run-time validation.

I haven’t graduated to a tin, but I have a little anti-static bag filled with backups.

Anyway...you could try wiping the card and cloning your current working image to it, then boot off it and see if it stays on its feet. Frankly, ime, that doesn't happen very often. Once they start acting whack there's usually no coming back to a truly reliable state...

Cheers!

...I may see if I can save the card. You know, it’s not even the starting from scratch that’s a problem. I think installing Raspbian and RandR’s version takes 20 minutes. It’s the Data I don’t want to lose. Is anyone running a CRON job to dump their SQL DB on a regular interval into a file? I was thinking if I connected a thumb drive to my RPi. Set-up a CRON job to dump my RPints DB onto the thumb drive as a .sql file or gzip (as the DB matures), my biggest concern could be mitigated. (Sorry if this has been discussed in detail already)

[...]Is anyone running a CRON job to dump their SQL DB on a regular interval into a file?[...]

I have midnight cron tasks running on most of my RPi systems that copy important data files to a NAS drive. For my R'Pints system and its clone I include the mysql database, the two log files, and the temperature logger data file...

Cheers!

Back