[Version 2 Release] RaspberryPints - Digital Taplist Solution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:drunk:
can you make sure the sql was update by going to the install page on the admin screens and hitting update
you can also force the sql by doing the following in the terminal

sudo MySQL
use raspberrypints

INSERT IGNORE INTO `config` ( configName, configValue, displayName, showOnPanel, createdDate, modifiedDate ) VALUES( 'showLastPouredValue', '1', 'Show Last Poured Value', '1', NOW(), NOW() );
Got it. Not sure why it didn’t update the first time. Probably user error. :drunk::drunk:

When adding a beer and checking "other" the drop down has limited choices. I want to put on a Cream Soda, but it doesn't fit any of the choices. I edited schema.sql and changed "Fruit Drink" to "Soda", but the change doesn't show up. I've updated to no avail.

I edited schema.sql and changed "Fruit Drink" to "Soda", but the change doesn't show up. I've updated to no avail.
try this from the terminal (assuming you left the database name default) then refresh the add beer screen

sudo mysql
use raspberrypints
INSERT INTO `beerStyles`( name, catNum, category, beerStyleList, ogMin, ogMax, fgMin, fgMax, abvMin, abvMax, ibuMin, ibuMax, srmMin, srmMax, createdDate, modifiedDate ) VALUES
( 'Cream Soda', 'N/A', 'CreamSoda', 'Other', '1', '1', '1', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '40', NOW(), NOW() );

Thanks for your quick response. This is what I ran into:

Code:
MariaDB [raspberrypints]> INSERT INTO 'beerStyles'( name, catNum, category, beerStyleList, ogMin, ogMax, fgMin, fgMax, abvMin, abvMax, ibuMin, ibuMax, srmMin, srmMax, createdDate, modifiedDate ) VALUES ('_Non-beer: Soda', 'N/A', 'Soda', 'Other', '1', '1', '1', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '40', NOW(), NOW());
ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ''beerStyles'( name, catNum, category, beerStyleList, ogMin, ogMax, fgMin, fgMax,' at line 1

Any tips for getting the plaato keg scales to display correctly? I entered the auth values for each of the scales into the tap list and the display is now pulling the ABV values from plaato but my remaining drink keg pictures and values have now disappeared and I can't seem to get them back.

Got mine set up and working well. I didn’t have any problems with the kegs disappearing. In the taps section of rpints config, is your starting volume set to 5 gal? Looking at my config, the current amount is also a set to 5 gal as well (even though it is less than that). Not all of my kegs have the plaato scales- so i have those taps set to a starting and current volume of 0 so it does not show the keg images.

Also in the plaato app, you have to set OG and FG. This info is transferred to rpints.

Last edited:
Got mine set up and working well. I didn’t have any problems with the kegs disappearing. In the taps section of rpints config, is your starting volume set to 5 gal? Looking at my config, the current amount is also a set to 5 gal as well (even though it is less than that). Not all of my kegs have the plaato scales- so i have those taps set to a starting and current volume of 0 so it does not show the keg images.

Also in the plaato app, you have to set OG and FG. This info is transferred to rpints.

TY!!!!! Once I set the starting volumes it worked. I didn't set the OG and FG in the plaato app as I manually set the ABV value which pulled through as well. Thanks again!

Thanks for your quick response. This is what I ran into:
I'm thinking a character (`) didn't copy right

try this
Code:
INSERT INTO beerStyles( name, catNum, category, beerStyleList, ogMin, ogMax, fgMin, fgMax, abvMin, abvMax, ibuMin, ibuMax, srmMin, srmMax, createdDate, modifiedDate ) VALUES
( 'Cream Soda', 'N/A', 'CreamSoda', 'Other', '1', '1', '1', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '40', NOW(), NOW() );

I'm thinking a character (`) didn't copy right

try this
Code:
INSERT INTO beerStyles( name, catNum, category, beerStyleList, ogMin, ogMax, fgMin, fgMax, abvMin, abvMax, ibuMin, ibuMax, srmMin, srmMax, createdDate, modifiedDate ) VALUES
That did it, thanks.

Ok, ya'll are awesome. I got this up and running and it looks great. My next step is to add more Non-beer options and Color values to the SQL tables. Who can point me in the right direction to do that? Thanks in advance. (Photo for effect)

IMG_20200403_192730.jpg

I've noticed that my browser isn't auto updating with the plaato kegs as beers are poured. Do you always need to manually refresh or is there a way to force periodic/live refreshes? Also, will the pour notices/notifications work with plaato kegs or is that strictly related to flow meters?

I've noticed that my browser isn't auto updating with the plaato kegs as beers are poured. Do you always need to manually refresh or is there a way to force periodic/live refreshes? Also, will the pour notices/notifications work with plaato kegs or is that strictly related to flow meters?

With my Plaato setup, the last pour is updated without a manual refresh (local displayed connected to the pi). Sometimes there is 10-20 second day though, but I have pour wifi signal where my pi is located.

Last pour was recently discussed a few posts up. You can have the amount last poured displayed above the keg in right column.

10-20 seconds is a lot, even on a single-core RPi like a Zero/Zero-W or an original Model B.
Curious...Is the Plaato data being sourced off-site?

Cheers!

10-20 seconds is a lot, even on a single-core RPi like a Zero/Zero-W or an original Model B.
Curious...Is the Plaato data being sourced off-site?

Cheers!

I’m using a 3b+. Yes, i believe plaato data comes from their website/cloud. Rpints gets info from a URL with an auth token... seems similar to (same as?) webhooks. My WiFi connection in the pi in my kegerator location is weak, so i attribute that to some of the delay.

Is anyone else using flow meters and faucets with adjustable flow rate? And if so, do you find that the accuracy of the flow meter calibration varies depending on the flow rate?

I'm using these https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07MY6XJKK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
and these https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B078M4WC6V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
and find the accuracy is +-10% on regular glass pours, but when I do a growler fill for a friend and open the flow up wide for the majority of the fill my pour volume ends up being only 1.5l instead of 1.9l.

I pinged a friend who worked for 20 years installing beer distribution systems for bars, arenas, etc (the guy who got me going on this "hobby") - he said without hesitation that this is a given and that they always had to calibrate each meter for the flow rate of the given line (usually the Swiss Flo meters, not these cheap ones). So I'm thinking I'll tweak the software to adjust the pour volume when a given pour is over a certain volume. I suppose it would be more accurate if it looked at the pour rate (based on the volume/pulses and duration), but I haven't looked into the code to see how easy or not determining the duration might be.

Anyhow, I don't recall this being discussed previously and thought I'd ask before I get carried away...

Yeah, I can say with confidence this is the first time this subject has arisen since the first incarnation of RaspberryPints.
I am a bit surprised said friend felt the need to recalibrate SF800 meters based on flow rate, but even though I've been running a six pack of them on my keezer and two more on my RO water system I don't have a solid basis to argue the point as I don't use FC faucets and the RO controller is binary.

In any case, I could see adding code to pours.php to condition the recording pour volume by the size of the tick count. There'd be a step function lurking at the delineating pour rate threshold but as long as you keep the low/high flow rates a good distance away shouldn't have much if any effect...

Cheers!

My next step is to add more Non-beer options and Color values to the SQL tables. Who can point me in the right direction to do that?
beerStyles

Color srmRgb

INSERT INTO srmRgb ( srm, rgb, createdDate, modifiedDate ) VALUES
( '0.0','252,252,243', NOW(), NOW() );

Sometimes there is 10-20 second day
Do you have temp shown on the main page? If so then that causes the main page to be refreshed every 60 seconds.

Otherwise there is no auto refresh for Plaato pours since there isn't feedback from plaato that an pour occurred

calibrate each meter for the flow rate of the given line
Is that saying that if the flow rate changes do to the FC faucets that they had to recalibrate or that for each new line they had to recalibrate

I don't have FC faucets but sometimes my flow gets really slow or really fast due (due to hop sediment or over carbonation) but the pour amounts still seem accurate (for me anyways)

For my version, Each pour is record in the pours table, including the amount that Rpints calculated, the pulses from the meters and the conversion factor used (i.e. pulses per gallon/liter)

The easiest way to get the raw data is to use phymyadmin to select from the pours table

Do you have temp shown on the main page? If so then that causes the main page to be refreshed every 60 seconds.

Otherwise there is no auto refresh for Plaato pours since there isn't feedback from plaato that an pour occurred

that must be it! I do have that box checked. Now wonder the delayed seemed variable. Can i change the auto-refresh delay to say every 10 seconds?

Long time listener ... First time caller ....

I have been trying to use the current rpints.com install script on a clean Pi install with each option enabled and disable, example DB and no example DB and every time I cannot access the admin page with user:admin no pass. Did I miss something in this long thread?

I want to set some up exactly like this. Would you be so kind as to point me to where you purchased your flow meters?

Impending kick-fest...

taplist_10apr2020.jpg

But the pipeline is deep, and there's another 10 full kegs behind these six and ten gallons fermenting :ban:

Cheers! (We may run out of TP but we won't care :D)

No username, just a password
Ok I found the issue, the install script in git is skipping over the database information after prompting if this pi was going to host the database. If you download the script run dos2unix on it then run it (which is how I'm doing my testing), the script works as expected.

My guess is there is a invalid byte in the script that's causing a silent error. I just need to get the proper script uploaded to git to fix this issue, might take a day or two

Ok, two questions for the group:

I have figure out how to change the colors when showing the solid fill, now how do I change colors when doing the nicer looking srm? (I am using random values to allow me to pick colors that aren't beer colors, for meads, wine, etc)

I have turned SRM values off, but they still show up. Anyone?

I have turned SRM values off, but they still show up
The "Show SRM Image:" option switches between the database RGB values
upload_2020-4-13_7-21-1.png
and the predefine SRM images
upload_2020-4-13_7-21-20.png

To change the predefined SRM images you need to go into the img/srm directory and add in new images of the color you want.

You will also have to modify includes/beerListTable.php line ~150 and includes/beerListTableVerticle.php line ~89 to handle the new values right now it only does even integers from 0 to 40, if you add new images above 40 change >40?40 to >x?x where x is the largest image file name without the extension

The "Show SRM Image:" option switches between the database RGB values View attachment 675484and the predefine SRM images View attachment 675485

To change the predefined SRM images you need to go into the img/srm directory and add in new images of the color you want.

You will also have to modify includes/beerListTable.php line ~150 and includes/beerListTableVerticle.php line ~89 to handle the new values right now it only does even integers from 0 to 40, if you add new images above 40 change >40?40 to >x?x where x is the largest image file name without the extension
Ok, ill try that. You are awesome. But also, I don't want the values to show since they wont be correct when i make randoms above 40. Turning them off in config isn't working. Any ideas?

Any ideas?
Yep, I looked at the code and found that that config wasn't being used anywhere. I added the logic for it and just committed the change for files beerListTable.php and beerListTableVerticle.php

Its probably easier to just do a manual update, change line
<h2><?php echo $beer['srm']; ?> SRM</h2>
to
<?php if($config[ConfigNames::ShowSrmValue]){?>
<h2><?php echo $beer['srm']; ?> SRM</h2>
<?php }?>

Latest posts

Back