[Version 2 Release] RaspberryPints - Digital Taplist Solution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just thought I'd have a go doing a scratch install (why not). RPi4B, loaded a new card with Bullseye, ran the install script. It completes with no errors, but no screen rotation, and no browser. The server is running, as I can log into it from another computer, but kiosk mode has not triggered. I have a feeling something must have changed since I last ran through this process.

I just thought I'd have a go doing a scratch install (why not). RPi4B, loaded a new card with Bullseye, ran the install script. It completes with no errors, but no screen rotation, and no browser. The server is running, as I can log into it from another computer, but kiosk mode has not triggered. I have a feeling something must have changed since I last ran through this process.
https://www.raspberrypi.com/tutorials/how-to-use-a-raspberry-pi-in-kiosk-mode/

I had the opposite problem and couldn't get out of Kiosk mode. Ideally I wanted to have kiosk display on one screen of raspberry Pi and other display used for brewfather etc.
I have managed to get Rpints working in a browser instead but not ideal as it has the browser margins showing.

Post 7701 might give you some clues as to where to look.

@day_trippr

Would post 2643 still be the instructions for an install on a Pi 3b with a UNO R3 and adafruit flow meters, 64 bit Bullseye?

The link to website doesn't work anymore and I'm not sure how to start from scratch especially re the wiring of the flowmeters.

Hah! I had to go look at that old post just for posterity's sake :)

Yes, that old version of R'Pints hasn't been viable for new installations in some number of years now.
Definitely go with @RandR+'s kit...

Cheers!

The installer is quite brilliant at everything except configuring your specific hardware set. It will even program the Arduino.

You can follow the wiring used for either an UNO (recommended by me) or an Alamode (though I use them they would not be my first choice today). Then it's just a matter of pawing your way through the various configurable settings, which isn't difficult. The real work imo is tailoring the CSS and html code for one's personal presentation aspects...

Cheers!

It will prompt you to select how the Uno is connected, which will be the USB option.
When install is done and the sketch will be uploaded automatically so no need to do anything with the sketch.

I've got my hands on a couple of the sea brand water flow meters to try on raspberry pints. I can't at the moment find any 1/2 inch BSP to 5/16 adapters which I would need for the normal keg line 8mm external eva barrier tubing.
But I do have the 6mm EVA barrier tubing and can get 1/2 inch BSP to 1/4 inch adapters.

Any contraindications to using the narrower tubing? I realise line length will need adjusting using soltys calculator, I'd rather not use another adapter on each side of the flow meter to use the 8mm tube for testing and trial purposes.

When I changed my entire cold side (beer, gas, water, etc) to EVABarrier tubing and PTC fittings back in 2019 freshwatersystems.com became my go to vendor for the fittings.

https://www.freshwatersystems.com/p...-connector-cone-type-5-16-push-in-x-1-2-bsp-p
or

https://www.freshwatersystems.com/products/john-guest-female-adapter-bspp-5-16-x-1-2-bspp
Cheers!
Thanks, think I might have to play with the narrower diameter connectors and tube to start with and then if not useful will order from Australia as they seem to be the closest supplier with the connector.

Does the HX711 code work for the RandR+ version of Raspberry Pints?

I am looking to dive into this project with a Raspberry Pi 3 that I have kicking around.........and was hoping to make some Wheatstone Bridges to monitor the weight of my kegs.

Well install was a breeze.....though I haven't started with the loadcells yet.
1. how can I reduce the number of Taps, my Keezer only has 4 taps, by default it has 10 taps?
2. I can only get to the tap list page from a remote computer. On the Rpi when I try to launch chromium(which I thought would be launched by default) it says it is being used by another process. So I assume that process is supposed to be displaying the tap list .......but it isn't there. Any ideas how to fix this issue?

Thanks for the great install script!

Last edited:
Well install was a breeze.....though I haven't started with the loadcells yet.
1. how can I reduce the number of Taps, my Keezer only has 4 taps, by default it has 10 taps?
2. I can only get to the tap list page from a remote computer. On the Rpi when I try to launch chromium(which I thought would be launched by default) it says it is being used by another process. So I assume that process is supposed to be displaying the tap list .......but it isn't there. Any ideas how to fix this issue?

Thanks for the great install script!
Have a look at post 7700 and 7701 it might help or give you a clue as you seem to know a lot more about code than I do.

Have a look at post 7700 and 7701 it might help or give you a clue as you seem to know a lot more about code than I do.
well I found the Autostart file under /etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE-pi/autostart
but it doesn't seem to autostart chromium.....in kiosk mode.
I have tried rebooting a few times and was able to just start chromium myself, but not able to get it to Autostart in kiosk mode.

so I figured it out after some googling.

in the autostart file I changed
@chromium --kiosk localhost
to
@/usr/bin/chromium-browser --kiosk --disable-restore-session-state localhost

and now it launches in kiosk mode.

Any idea how to reduce the number of taps?

Go into the GUI "Basic Setup". Start with "Taps" as below and change the "Tap Setup - Number Of Taps"...

1687557833962.png

Cheers!

Is there a way to remove the pours from the bottom of the screen? I just want the tap list and not the pours.

I clicked on the pour button (the number) without knowing what would occur.....now I have the pours stuck to the bottom of my screen.

Cheers!

Most visible features can be turned on/off via the management gui page Personalization - Customize Tap Display.
Near the middle - bottom of that page there's a setting for "Pours - Show Pour List". I have it checked off and pours are not displayed...

Cheers!

Funny Story,

So I moved and plugged in my RaspberryPi. I was able to change the wifi on my screen but I can't figure out how to access it from my phone or computer like I could before. I can use my RaspberryPints display to make changes but it's a lot more convenient on my computer. Any tips for accessing it/finding the right ip?

Thank you!

Funny Story,

So I moved and plugged in my RaspberryPi. I was able to change the wifi on my screen but I can't figure out how to access it from my phone or computer like I could before. I can use my RaspberryPints display to make changes but it's a lot more convenient on my computer. Any tips for accessing it/finding the right ip?

Thank you!
if you open up a terminal on the raspberry pi and type in "ifconfig" that will give you the ip address.....which can be used on your computer to access

if you open up a terminal on the raspberry pi and type in "ifconfig" that will give you the ip address.....which can be used on your computer to access
Worked like a charm!!! Thank you 😁 now to find the option to change the time on the display since I moved zones lol

Is the official website not working? I get a "critical error" message. I am completely new to this and would like to give it a try, but am struggling to find the how-to/Wiki guide. All I have accessed thus far are the software files on gitlab. The readme was not helpful in terms of how to get started.

If by "official website" you are referring to http://raspberrypints.com/ it appears the site is no longer viable. Which is mostly appropriate because the original version that the site supported hasn't been viable as a new installation for years now due to OS and libraries having moved along (I think Stretch was the last OS version that one could - with much careful tailoring - get the original RaspberryPints to run).

A sad passing for those of us who helped bring 1.0.3 into the world, but it was inevitable.

On a positive note, HBT member @RandR+ took upon himself the task of bringing the original concept into the current decade and has been graciously supporting it from this very thread. And his application package can be installed with just a single command line:

curl -L install.rpints.com | sudo bash

If you have any questions about the software or hardware side feel free to ask them here. Someone will lend a hand :)

Cheers!

@RandR+ (and anyone else who cares,) Thorrak pointed out to me that raspberrypints.com is dead, and as a result, I noticed that my rpints.com redirect is also broken. I've (re)created the redirect to your install script:

Bash:

Please let me know if you notice it is broken again.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/thread...-digital-taplist-solution.487694/post-8040187
That would be a starting point, but my version of RPints is much easier to install after getting Bullseye installed just run this from the terminal
curl -L https://raw.githubusercontent.com/rtlindne/RaspberryPints/master/util/installRaspberryPints | sudo bash

and follow the prompts.
This is command I used to install Raspberry Pints after I installed bullseye OS from
raspberrypi.com/software/operating-systems/

If by "official website" you are referring to http://raspberrypints.com/ it appears the site is no longer viable. Which is mostly appropriate because the original version that the site supported hasn't been viable as a new installation for years now due to OS and libraries having moved along (I think Stretch was the last OS version that one could - with much careful tailoring - get the original RaspberryPints to run).

A sad passing for those of us who helped bring 1.0.3 into the world, but it was inevitable.

On a positive note, HBT member @RandR+ took upon himself the task of bringing the original concept into the current decade and has been graciously supporting it from this very thread. And his application package can be installed with just a single command line:

If you have any questions about the software or hardware side feel free to ask them here. Someone will lend a hand :)

Cheers!
Great thank you!
Reading as much as I can, I already have Plaato keg's on my 4x kegs. So really all I would need is a dual or quad core Raspberry Pi with SD card to get going and a display device for a large screen to view on (ie. Android tablet or PC)?

Back