[Version 2 Release] RaspberryPints - Digital Taplist Solution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[...]I get phantom pours every day.
[...]The pin numbers I use are 8,9,10,11,12,13 and the problem is occurring on all the pins/taps.
[...]

fwiw, I can absolutely vouch for pins 2 and 5 through 9.
And I believe mcangeli runs his meters on pins 8 through 11.
I may have missed it but I don't think I've read of anyone using pins 12 and/or 13.

I'd move the meters off 12 and 13 and see what happens...

Cheers!

Unzipped via GUI moved to /var/www with GUI and still get the index screen
Did via GUI as lx said didn't exists

Damn it, as I sit here waiting the screen goes black... Click and screen on, so went to nano and all the new text I added is still there but it going to sleep ... What the crap these aren't hard instructions!!!! I don't get why my commands aren't working?

You keep using "gui" when contextually you're bouncing back and forth from terminal sessions to the lxde file manager. Don't do that, it's confusing ;)

So the file manager shows the zip file in /var/www.

But all of the commands you were executing in the terminal session were in /home/pi.

In the terminal session, you might try

Code:
$ cd /var/www

to change focus to where the zip file is actually located.

Then you can execute the unzip command

Code:
$ sudo unzip RaspberryPints-2.0.1.zip

You won't have to do the Move command.
You will have to change the access rights:

Code:
$ sudo chmod -R 777 /var/www

Cheers!

Sorry when terminal wasn't doing the job I tried another option
The unzipped command worked the permission command just went to the next line no info just ready for the next command then tried to open the ip and showed index with the pints being shown updated today

Ok. First things first.

The unzip command extracted all of the files into the folder /var/www/RaspberryPints-2.0.1

So there's where all the files are - one level below /var/www.

You need to move the contents of /var/www/RaspberryPints-2.0.1 back up to /var/www. You can use the lxde file manager for that.

Once you've done that, things should go a lot better :)

As for the screen saver thing, let's solve one problem at a time...

Cheers!

[edit] I bet your lxde autostart edits were to the wrong lxde autostart file.
Refer to this post.

You use the MySQL root user password you entered back in Step 4: Package Installation when you installed the LAMP stack.

If you can't find it, you might have to remove and reinstall MySQL.
I don't know for sure, managed to have never had that particular problem...

Cheers!

I'm pretty sure "etc" is spelled "etc", and not "ect".

Do this:

$ ls /etc/xdg/lxsession/

and see if there's both LXDE and LXDE-pi folders below or not...

Cheers! ;)

Got a reply from Swissflow today. They told me that the meters aren't serviceable. I expected that but I had to give it a shot. I didn't ask if they would repair it or send me another at a discount if I sent them back the old one though. Probably wouldn't for people like me who didn't purchase directly from them. Oh well....

I'm pretty sure "etc" is spelled "etc", and not "ect".

Do this:

$ ls /etc/xdg/lxsession/

and see if there's both LXDE and LXDE-pi folders below or not...

Cheers! ;)

Ok fixed the typo, when I ctrl-O it asks if I want dos Mac back up and such. Tried all and nothing on reboot after. Each time I come back to the file after reboot it's empty

Even tried to go to the auto start file via GUI to over write but gives me an error (file exists obviously but won't let me save?)

You have to edit the file as root.

sudo nano /etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE/autostart

The sudo tells the system "hey, let me do this as the super (god) user"
If you just do
nano /etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE/autostart

The regular pi user does not have enough permissions (its a security feature which is handy to have)

For the record, I am 1/3rd of the way done with a script that would do the bulk of the setup for you for a standard install.

Which would alleviate most of the issues we see.

I will give this a try, I swear I'm not incompetent with code, but this if for sure making me think I am.
I should say lxde/autostart file has the four lines, but does nothing for me on start up. Day tripper sent me to lxde-pi to write the four lines
So what do I over write as ? M-D for dos?

A simple ctrl-O and hit the return key should be all you need to do - if you've opened the file as SuperUser. Then ctrl-X and get on with bidness.

btw, did you look for the second LXDE folder yet?

Cheers!

Lxde-pi ?
Yes that's the one used lx term and it won't keep the inputted data.

I can see the file but the system doesn't store ctrl-o then asks if I want to write as dos Mac back up and a few other options

Do you need a screen shot of the prompt from the lx term ?

Give us a screen shot of a terminal session where you open the file using "sudo nano" because it isn't obvious that you're doing what we have been telling you to do...

Cheers!

Sorry, been battling the snow here.

So the command banner across that last terminal session looks different from the earlier one. I've never seen that last one before - how did you get to it?

I couldn't duplicate that here. Which is strange because I'm using the same version of nano.
Anytime I have a file loaded in nano it has the command banner that looks like this one
5B268AFE-1FA6-464D-94C2-5A82B980A2E6_zpsxfhlof5l.jpg

so a simple ctrl-O would save the file for you.

Weird...

I think if you hit ctrl-X to exit after making changes it will ask if you want to save the file. If you enter Y for yes it will ask you if that is the name and path of the file you want to save. If you hit enter it will save and exit. I'm going off memory here so forgive me if I'm not 100% correct.

First I want to say this is just really cool.

I installed RasperryPints on my Pi and added beers, kegs and taps. However, when the PI rebooted no love just get the normal login and then the home directory.

However, if I access the PI from my desktop it looks awsome in my chrome browser. I did add the lines and the double dash in both autostart files (one with and other without pi at the end.

Pic of my autostart files attached.

Any help appreciated.

Dave

autostart pic.PNG

autostart pic1.PNG

Last edited:
Update

Ok I did a search of my pi and I have 4 autostart files as shown in the attachment. Do I need to add the lines to all of them?

The /etc/xdg/autostart file is blank, the etc/xdg/openbox/autostart talks about gnome but everything is commented out.

Thanks

Dave

Autostart Files.PNG

I just installed my flow meters in my keezer and out of the three taps two of them are coming out foamy and flat. Right now I have 7ft lines and the meters are in the center. Before I run all new draft lines I want someone to tell me 10ft draft line. 5ft before the meter and 5ft will fix the issue. Is this true? Thank you for all your help!

day_trippr

Attached screenshot of my /etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE-pi/autostart. It looks good to me see any issues?

Is there a way to get this to run from the command line to test if it works?

Thanks

Dave

I think the only one you need to edit is the /etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE-pi/autostart

Cheers!

autostart pic.PNG

Ok, I think I must have an error in the autostart file above. The reason is that the monitor is now staying on not turning off after 15 minutes.

Can someone look at it and see if anythings wrong?

Thanks

Dave

I just installed my flow meters in my keezer and out of the three taps two of them are coming out foamy and flat. Right now I have 7ft lines and the meters are in the center. Before I run all new draft lines I want someone to tell me 10ft draft line. 5ft before the meter and 5ft will fix the issue. Is this true? Thank you for all your help!

I run 12' 3/16" id generic Bevlex-200 lines. My meters are 1 foot of tubing from the disconnects. They nest inside the top rubbers with the coil of tubing.

My reasoning is there are fairly large air temperature swings in a keezer (unless you hammer on the compressor). Reference my temperature logger - while the air temperature differential top to bottom is as about as tight as you can hope for, that air temp still reaches almost 4°F above the beer temperature worst-case. All while the keezer cycles at ~6 hours.

So it's pretty much unavoidable to have some degree of CO2 breakout in the beer lines at the top of a keezer. Bubbles traveling through the meter will cause "ghost pours", so putting the meters close to the QDs puts most of the breakout bubbles down-stream.

I got my six meters operational once the R'Pints code was ready last June, and I tracked the keg volumes daily. Originally my meters were in the middle of 10' runs of the same tubing, and occasionally I'd get phantom pours.

When I got around to investigating I could see collected gas in the tubing up in the tower and suspected bubbles traveling up to that point were affecting the meters. As I was going to re-tube the keezer anyway I went two feet longer and put the meters close to the QDs this time.

That was back in September and I've yet to get a single ghost pour. And
the coolest thing about that is the meter accuracy is phenomenal once the spurious stuff is eliminated. Every keg that's kicked since then has kicked within one short pour of reading empty - the last one read four ounces when the keg kicked. And the truth is my keg fills aren't anywhere near that accurate to begin with, varying by a good quart.

I love that :D

Cheers!

brewpints_47_sm.jpg

temp_logger_w_comp_state_05.jpg

on_tap_11feb2015.jpg

PB110003.JPG

day_trippr

Attached screenshot of my /etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE-pi/autostart. It looks good to me see any issues?

Is there a way to get this to run from the command line to test if it works?

It looks like what the instructions ask for.

fwiw, I no longer run my systems in kiosk mode, I fire up Chromium and use F11 to full-screen instead.
Just a preference, but it means I'm not well versed on what's possible wrt running LXDE configuration commands once the desktop is loaded...

Cheers!

This is essentially what I have decided to do as well.

Thanks

Dave

It looks like what the instructions ask for.

fwiw, I no longer run my systems in kiosk mode, I fire up Chromium and use F11 to full-screen instead.
Just a preference, but it means I'm not well versed on what's possible wrt running LXDE configuration commands once the desktop is loaded...

Cheers!

Back