Vandals suck!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

middleofnowhere

Reaction score
This morning I got up at 6:00 am to go to work, as I was brushing my teeth I was looking out my bathroom window, only to see a guy taking pictures of the back of my 2005 Chevy Equinox. This intrigued me a great deal, so I walked downstairs and went to my driveway to see him driving away and to see the back window of the Equinox smashed out.

I was super pissed. I know it wasn't the guy who took the pictures because I know him, and he is a photographer for a local newspaper.

So anyway, I walk back up on my patio and look at my nextdoor neighbours Ford Expedition and all of the back windows were smashed out. So I woke her up and we called the cops. It appears in my small town of 8500 people was the target of punk kids, as we were the 77th report of vandalism since 3:00am. After we filed our report, another 30-40 people reported different types of vandalism.

I am sooooooo pissed!!!

The damage is $2300 which is gay, but luckily insurance covers it 100%. But still I am sure I will take a hit on my insurance premiums.

I want to punch little Vandals. Is that wrong? I hope not, because I am drunk and if I find out who it was I am going to punch'em...repeatedly.

A few months ago my car was broken into on a Saturday night along with over a dozen other cars parked near our townhouse complex. I got into my car and was about to start it up Sunday morning when I noticed that I was missing my GPS, satellite radio, cell phone, along with lots of other stuff. I called the police to report my car was broken into and was immediately asked "which townhouse do you live in?" I gave the police the serial numbers to a lot of the stolen stuff and was told that if they recovered any of it they would let me know. Over a $1000 worth of stuff stolen, but I had only moved into the place a month before and didn't have renters insurance so nothing was covered. Well, they ended up catching the bastards in the act about a month later and the crime spree ended. It was three punks aged 17, 18 and 19. I saw in on the local news and read it in the paper. I called the police back to see if they had any of my stuff, but of course they didn't. It really pisses me off that I know who took my shi.t, but theres nothing I can do about it. At least they'll be serving some time (hopefully). Damn kids.

2300 for a back window? Someone is getting boned

We had kids here in Anchorage filling paper towel tubes with fireworks and then packing them with peanut butter. Break a window toss it in a car and when it explodes thepeanut butter is like napalm. 30+ cars burned to the ground.

I had this happen to me a few years ago as well. Your insurance may cover it 100% but it's certainly not free. Wait 6 months to see if your premiums go up.

I had my car broken into, they just threw papers around and stole my cell phone... it had pissed me off that the state trooper in NY didn't seem to care...

i have suspicion that my internet stalker was the aftermath of my cell being stolen.

2300 for a back window? Someone is getting boned

We had kids here in Anchorage filling paper towel tubes with fireworks and then packing them with peanut butter. Break a window toss it in a car and when it explodes thepeanut butter is like napalm. 30+ cars burned to the ground.

Well that sucks about the cars. If I was car owner I would probably beat the hell outta those little sh!ts.

I didn't know you could use PB to make napalm or a similar substance. I thought the conventional way was gas and styrofoam.

$2300 for a back Window is reasonable around here with only one glass place within a 650km radius. My nextdoor neighbour has an Expedition and hers cost over $4500. It kind of helps that my dad has a job at the glass place.

Last month I had my front window replaced at $265 which is a really good price for here.

If I were to pay for the back Window myself I could have got it at cost, but still couldn't afford it so I went through my insurance company. Hopefully the insurance company will go easy on me as it is my first claim in 13 years of driving.

As an update they have 4 "REALLY" stupid kids in custody. One kid had to go to the hospital to get glass removed from his arm...lol... One kid was chased from one house after smashing the windows out of a car and dropped his sweatshirt...they ratted out the others. Also one girl posted on Facebook that she knew who did it and she laughed at everyone who had damage done on a group that was set up for victims of the vandalism.

Lab West Vandal Victim Group

This is the group set up for the victims. in the Photos Section, my Vehicle is the Black Chevrolet Equinox.

You have to remember over 10% of the town was affected. There was $200000 worth of damage which is more than $20 per person in this town. That is a ridiculous amount.

$2300 for a back Window is reasonable around here with only one glass place within a 650km radius. My nextdoor neighbour has an Expedition and hers cost over $4500. It kind of helps that my dad has a job at the glass place.

Last month I had my front window replaced at $265 which is a really good price for here.

If I were to pay for the back Window myself I could have got it at cost, but still couldn't afford it so I went through my insurance company. Hopefully the insurance company will go easy on me as it is my first claim in 13 years of driving.

As an update they have 4 "REALLY" stupid kids in custody. One kid had to go to the hospital to get glass removed from his arm...lol... One kid was chased from one house after smashing the windows out of a car and dropped his sweatshirt...they ratted out the others. Also one girl posted on Facebook that she knew who did it and she laughed at everyone who had damage done on a group that was set up for victims of the vandalism.

Lab West Vandal Victim Group

This is the group set up for the victims. in the Photos Section, my Vehicle is the Black Chevrolet Equinox.

You have to remember over 10% of the town was affected. There was $200000 worth of damage which is more than $20 per person in this town. That is a ridiculous amount.

WTF to the facebook site and what those fu@kers did! They should have to foot the bill for everything, plus face a severe ass kicking. I hate crap like that. Those kids are the poster children for sterilization.

One time in college I woke up and found a bike on the hood of my car. Someone had thrown it on there a few times and caused $400 worth of damage. I was so pissed I took the bike and threw it down a hill which caused bad damage to the bike. The cops could care less. I always said if I found the person, I would thrown the bike on them repeatedly. I can't stand people who destroy other peoples hard earned things.

I know some of the kids and their parents, and the parents are probably 75% of the problem...one parent is defending her kid saying that is isn't his fault...it was a gang initiation and they made him do it. I think she needs parenting classes. I am a parent and if my kids, now at the ages of 6 and 3, ever damaged someones property they would learn real quick to respect other people property. When they become teenagers they would learn even quicker.

My dad raised me with fear. I was scared ****less of him I knew he loved me and he never hit me or anything, but I knew if I did something wrong, I would die a painful horrible death.

Parents now seem to be afraid of their kids, like WTF. I can imagine my kids even as teenagers threatening me or disrespecting me. I am going to raise my kids the same way I was raised, with a little less fear though, because I am still scared of my dad, and when my kids become adults, I want them to stop fearing me.

Of course the parents should be held responsible, parents are supposed to teach their kids that this behaviour is not acceptable. I say throw the bastards in jail for a few months and divide up the cost of the damages between the parents. Maybe then they'll learn to parent their scum bag kids. Gang initiation my ass, those kids should have known better from their parents.
Those kids ARE extremely lucky they were'nt caught by one of the victims, the kids would be posted on milk cartons as missing
:rockin: justice for all!!

Man, that would not happen in Texas. Those punks would still be picking rock salt out of their backside.

What is wrong with parents today? Lame A$$ed ME generation.

What is wrong with parents today? Lame A$$ed ME generation.
No ****, Ed. If I had ever done something that stupid as a child I would have been more afraid of what my parents would do to me than what the cops/court system would have done. And, if I had done something like that and my parents caught wind of it they would have been the first ones to turn me in. But then again, I wouldn't have done that because my parents raised me better than that. My mother was an attorney and more than once she brought me with her to juvenile court so I could see first hand what happened to kids that did stupid **** like that.

I never knew you were Roman.

20061231-Invasions_of_the_Roman_Empi.gif

I tossed a few eggs back in the day, but my parents made me apologize to the guy who's house got bombed with rotten veggies and eggs, even though they didnt' like him either. Made me learn my lesson. My kids would never think of doing that kind of stuff because neither of them are too old to get a severe spanking, and they know it!

That kid's mom is a real piece of work. Gang initiation, so it's ok... come here, btch, I want to slap you!

It sounds like these cretins are convinced that they don't need the support and good will of their fellow citizens. Why don't you give them the chance to prove it?

Make up some flyers with their names and pictures to distribute to the local businesses encouraging them to stop honoring their payment for goods and services. Ask your fellow parents to explain to their daughters why they are not allowed to date these guys. Make sure to include the un-repentant parent in the mix as well. I am sure you can think of other ways the community can make it's feelings known. Strike now while the anger is hot!

They should be careful! Some people might make it a goal to make sure that they never drive a car with a full complement of windows while in the town. It's hard to have auto insurance when you have to file a claim every month.

They have basically pissed off every tenth person in the city. Not wise at all!

I know some of the kids and their parents, and the parents are probably 75% of the problem...one parent is defending her kid saying that is isn't his fault...it was a gang initiation and they made him do it. I think she needs parenting classes. I am a parent and if my kids, now at the ages of 6 and 3, ever damaged someones property they would learn real quick to respect other people property. When they become teenagers they would learn even quicker.

My dad raised me with fear. I was scared ****less of him I knew he loved me and he never hit me or anything, but I knew if I did something wrong, I would die a painful horrible death.

Parents now seem to be afraid of their kids, like WTF.

This is how I see it. I'm 22, only 3 years older then the oldest one of the group of kids. How the hell can you be raised so poorly that you can think this crap is a good idea. I do belive that the parents should be the one's sweating off this $200,000 bill, andfor as long as it takes them to pay, the kids rot in jail. And I don't mean JDC, they should all go to a federal, pound you in the ass prison. Lock them up in solitary for a few weeks, just let them rot.

I was raised with a good ol' fashion ass whooping. I was never beat, but I got a good one if I deserved it. And the best part is, I never did it again.

And Ed, the best part of rock salt is you season the meat while you kill it! :rockin:

Back