Valve Assembly on Pump - Loctite?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smithmd4

Reaction score
I redid my system a bit so I could use my one chugger pump for more than just whirlpooling. I'm screwing a 3-way valve onto the pump out and then have a ball valve on either side of that. After one brew, the issue is that the valve assembly doesn't really stay where I want it.

Other than wrapping an insane amount of teflon tape and trial and error, is there another product you guys use that would work? I'm thinking blue loctite (food safe version), but I'm not sure if that will keep it from leaking as well or just hold the assembly where I want.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Why is it so loose? I would think that a few wraps of thread tape, then tightening the valve until it was in the right position would suffice. It sounds like you need to go one more full revolution. I would not use loctite.

I wouldn't use loctite. I would get 2 crescent wrenches and tighten at least one more rotation of the ball valve. Plus you do need a few wraps of tephlon tape on the threads.

Latest posts

Back