Using your fermentation chamber for bottle conditioning?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petrolSpice

Reaction score
Anyone use there ferm chamber for conditioning? My house has been around 63-65F this winter and my IIPA didn't carbonate after 2 weeks. So I decided to use my ferm chamber (5 cuft chest freezer) to maintain 75F.

I have two fermwraps in there connected to my STC-1000 controller. The temp probe is taped to the underside of the lid and sticks down about 4" into the freezer. I also have a 120mm computer fan than runs full time to help circulate the air.

It seems to be working well so far. I have about 40 22oz and 48 12oz bottles in there now.

Any tips from those who commonly do this? I may have to continue to do this until it warms up outside.

In case you'd like to free up the chamber, here's a video about another way to warm up the bottles for conditioning: [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUcWADuFhTg[/ame]

In case you'd like to free up the chamber, here's a video about another way to warm up the bottles for conditioning

I guess that works too! But I thought you want to keep the bottles away from light as much as possible.

I try to bottle condition near the same temp range as the yeast I used. I don't want it going too fast or too slow. Yes, I condition them in my fermentation chamber since my wife likes to keep the house like an inferno.....

I too use my converted wine fridge for bottle conditioning.
Since Ive started doing it that way I have never had to wait over a week for bottle carbing.

I tape the thermo to one of the bottles set for 72F and unplug the cooling unit from the STC-1000. I do the opposite for cold crashing. Sometimes I do wish I had another unit or at least made a warmer chamber just for this purpose.

Once there they can sit in the cool basement until ready for the beer fridge.

Back