Using Vintners fruit puree

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

armenianbrewer

Reaction score
I want to make a saison with puree from vintners, specifically cranberry. I'm not sure if I should use the cranberry puree at the end of the boil/flameout, after the beer is chilled and mixed with the wort at yeast pitching time, or after fermentation is over. Looking for suggestions on how to best utilize this! Thanks!

I'd do half at flameout and half in the secondary. Once fermentation is complete and before bottling, taste it. If you want more cranberry flavor, add a little more at bottling time. If you do add more at bottling, be sure you take in to account those additional sugars to prevent bottle bombs.

I'd do half at flameout and half in the secondary. Once fermentation is complete and before bottling, taste it. If you want more cranberry flavor, add a little more at bottling time. If you do add more at bottling, be sure you take in to account those additional sugars to prevent bottle bombs.

Once I open the vintners can, is there any sanitary way of storing it until I wait for fermentation to complete?

I could do both at flameout and secondary but would hate to have to buy two cans since they are relatively expensive. Also since I keg, that's not a bad idea regarding a 3rd addition if the flavor isn't where I want it

Back