Using up your left overs, help with recipes and opinions..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nvs-brew

Reaction score
As the title states, this is a thread for people trying to come up with a recipe for left over grain/malt/hops..

Any input would be greatly appreciated:

i have a few things sitting here either left over or just new and waiting to be used..

GRAIN:
1kg Munich Dark
1kg Munich Light
1kg Wheat

Extract:
1kg Wheat dme
1kg Light Dry dme

Hops:
Saaz
EK Goldings
Green Bullet
Amarillo
Cascade (flowers)
Mixed bag of Citra & Centennial

well from that mixed bag of goodies, is there anything that would work together well? or is there something u could recommend with a small addition?

Funny you bring this up. I was just thinking about the odds and ends that everyone has to accumulate after several batches. I went to a back yard party of a friend, and was pointed to the drinks, so I walk over and of course it BMC, then i See a corny keg, and only to find out my friends brother likes to home brew, and made a batch out if odds and ends he had left over. The beer was close to a brown ale, but was a little syrupy, and sweet, but it was still better than the other alternatives there that day. I never got a chance to talk with him about his beer because he didn't stick around all night.

theres always the Brew It All strategy:

2.20 lb Light Dry Extract (8.0 SRM) Dry Extract 28.9 %
1.00 lb Wheat Dry Extract (8.0 SRM) Dry Extract 13.2 %
2.20 lb Munich Malt - 10L (10.0 SRM) Grain 28.9 %
2.20 lb Munich Malt - 20L (20.0 SRM) Grain 28.9 %

Beer Profile Estimated Original Gravity: 1.051 SG
Estimated Final Gravity: 1.013
Estimated Color: 11.0 SRM

Hops "To Taste"
Green Bullet to bitter,
Saaz or EKG to finish

It doesn't fit a style necessarily but it will still probably taste delicious.

Latest posts

Back